View RSS Feed

Rebel Lion

The Rebel Lion's Den: MY WrestleMania XXX Wish...

Rate this Entry
Welcome, wrestling aficionados....Thanks for swingin' by the Den! WrestleMania season is far from here, but it's something that is always prevalent in my mind, so I put together my dream WM XXX card. I'm not saying this is what the card will or should be; Just sharing my personal dream scenario. I based my card loosely on current WWE storylines to make my card as believable as possible.

PRE-SHOW 20-MAN BATTLE ROYAL

The last 2 men standing will be the opening match of WM XXX. This match can be a staple of WM every year to give guys that won't be on WM a little rub beforehand. My match would have:

Christian
The Miz
Wade Barrett
Chris Jericho
Kofi Kingston
Kassius Ohno
Big Show
Fandango
Bray Wyatt
Alberto Del Rio
RVD
Kane
Big E. Langston
Titus O'Neil
Sami Zayn
R-Truth
Heath Slater
Adrian Neville
Zach Ryder
Corey Graves

And my first match of WM XXX would be....

OPENING MATCH

Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho

Should be a good match with Wyatt getting WM exposure while putting Jericho over at WM for once!

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro (C)

Zeb Coulter takes to Cesaro, leaving Swagger odd-man-out. Swagger face turn, takes on former mentor & stablemate, who is once again U.S. champ.

SINGLES MATCH

Sheamus vs. Ryback

They teased at this rivalry earlier this year. Since you need 2 of your biggest stars on the card, you can have a marquee match-up with 2 tough s.o.b.'s that will beat the snot out of each other.

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
MATCH

Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (C)

The Shield lose the tag team titles to Rey & Sin (starting a riff within The Shield), then Rey & Sin lose them a couple months later to Rhodes Scholars. This match can serve a couple of alternative purposes, too. It can allow TRS to do what Cody did with the IC belt & bring back the old WWE Tag Team belts, and the WWE can still attempt to break the "masked audience" record they have been rumored to want to try with Rey & Sin.

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Tyson Kidd vs. Curtis Axel (C)

Axel keeps the IC belt all the way through to WM, reboosting it's prestige. Kidd comes back & gets a nice push. Not only would they put on a possible show-stealing match, they would be paying homage to the classic Mr. Perfect-Bret Hart rivalry from the early 90's.

TRIPLE THREAT

Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose

It's time for these boys to shine, individually! The dissention starts when Rollins & Reigns lose the tag team straps, then Ambrose losing the U.S. title...cracks in the armor of the Hounds Of Justice grow until they shatter, culminating in what we've all been waiting to see.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Mark Henry w/ Big E. & A.J. vs. Dolph Ziggler (C)

Moths of tension with Ziggler being face leads to implosion with his stable, A.J. sides with Big E. Henry takes Big. E under his wings, then focuses his sights on the WHC. Can Ziggler overcome such insurmountable odds??

GRUDGE MATCH-LOSER LEAVES WWE

C.M. Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

We find out Paul Heyman has orchestrated Lesnar's attack on Punk. Round 1 at SummerSlam: Lesnar. Round 2 at Survivor Series: Punk. Lesnar wants revenge, Punk wants respect, they both want to settle the score....once & for all. Also, Lesnar's contract will be up so the ending can be predicated to support a number of different scenarios.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton (C)

Orton is heel, cheats to defeat Bryan for the WWE title few months previous & in the rematch. Bryan has to win the Royal Rumble to get another shot, which he does. Ultimate underdog head-to-head with the revitalizied heel Apex Predator.

MAIN EVENT

John Cena vs. The Undertaker

After losing the WWE Championship a few months back & being unsuccessful at securing a title opportunity at WM, Cena decides to achieve the one goal not achieved in his career: Beating the streak. No heel turn, just iconic face v face match. This may be UT's last go, so although no title will be on the line, this will be the climax of WM XXX.

Hope you enjoyed reading it half as much as I did creating it. Comments & critisizms always welcome!!!

Submit "The Rebel Lion's Den: MY WrestleMania XXX Wish..." to Digg Submit "The Rebel Lion's Den: MY WrestleMania XXX Wish..." to del.icio.us Submit "The Rebel Lion's Den: MY WrestleMania XXX Wish..." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Rebel Lion's Den: MY WrestleMania XXX Wish..." to Google

Updated 06-24-2013 at 01:49 AM by Rebel Lion

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Excellent Wrestlemania card. Why is Alberto Del Rio, Chris Jericho, and RVD in the pre show battle royale. I know this card is in a year in advance but I do not think either superstars would fall from grace and be feature on the pre show. Here is one tip for your pre show match: NXT Title. Put the pre show on younger superstars that deserve at least an hour to make the headlines. A 20 man battle royale does not seem realistic because the last time WWE actually did that was in Wrestlemania 26! Secondly, like wsm1996 said most of these matches will happen in the upcoming months before Wrestlemania 30. Mark Henry vs Dolph Ziggler is a long shot of happening but I believe with the right build up it might indeed happen; but do you really think that is a newsworthy WHC Wrestlemania match. I do understand that the WHC has fallen from grace, but don't give it a bad match just look at Wrestlemania 28! The main event is excellent and hopefully that happens at Wrestlemania 30 coming on April! Furthermore I doubt that WWE wouldn't do Brock Lesner vs C.M Punk at Summerslam 2013 since the rivalry has been eluding for many weeks now. Randy Orton vs Danial Bryan for the WWE Championship might be an excellent match but it would be an laughable one if anyone brought it up during a creative meeting. This in my opinion is more of a dream card than it is of a Wrestlemania card. Even through, these matches are excellent minus the pre show battle royale this show is excellent.

Blade's Take: 7/10: Excellent choice and hopefully you continue the success of Dream card's.
    I am not a fan of this card at all...

Where are the divas @ this WM? Sure there matches are forgettable but not having them @ WrestleMania is unlikely.

Your pre-show has a few individuals that I could not imagine working a pre-show. Maybe adding another match or 2 would alleviate this.

Rey Mysterio makes it to the tag team championship? While I was a fan of his in WCW/championship run WWE, I believe that he needs to hop on a elliptical(to protect those knees) because The Big Mysterio is terrible. His teaming of Mr. Botchmania is not optimal here....Honestly I'd rather see the Nasty Boys over them.

The rest of the card here is watchable

Painful Summary: No wet dreams here but would be a better WM than last

Painful Rating: 6.9 out of 10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.