View RSS Feed

Hurtts101

TNA vs WWE; One Possible PPV idea

Rate this Entry
So recently I was criticizing someone else’s blog on a potential WWE vs. TNA PPV for a lack of incite involved on his matches. While I am in the camp that believes WWE has nothing to gain from such a merger and feel as though TNA’s talent as whole is a step below WWE’s, as a wrestling fan I, like most, have thought about many ‘dream’ matches. So with a little extra time to burn and seeing as how it’s been a while since I wrote anything, here goes my take on what I think would make a good TNA vs. WWE PPV.
First off, I would if such a PPV were to take place, I believe the best time would be at the end of the year. To put it on at a WM would be a huge travesty in my opinion. Second, I would have it play out like the original ECW One Night Stand PPV. Keep the promos to a minimum and just focus on the matches.

PRE-SHOW - Abyss vs. Kane

WHY
-
One of the ‘dream matches’ would see 2 ‘similar’ big men duke it out.

How it would play out
- Nothing fancy, just a typical match from both. In the end Kane would get the Choke Slam for the win in this too quick of a match.

Run Time
- About 10 min

NO DQ FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE - Bully Ray vs. Sheamus

WHY
- Arguably each companies best brawler would be primed for what Good ol’ JR would call ‘One heck of a SLOBBER KNOCKER!’. I think it’s only fair as TNA Champion Ray has one of the ‘Co-Main Events’ and know Sheamus can give as good as he takes.

How it would play out
- No frills in this match, just pure mayhem. Sheamus would start out on top until the weapons start coming into play giving Bully Ray the advantage. Plenty of brawling through the arena. Fighting spills into the back and Aces & Eights gets involved and works over Sheamus. This prompts Orton, Miz, and Christian to jump in. Numbers still favour A&E though when suddenly The Shield jumps in and JUSTICE IS SERVED! Sheamus manages to get Ray back to the ring and hits White Noise, Sheamus is feeling it and set up for the Brogue Kick but Devon is in for the intercept. Double team on Sheamus and Ray tells Deavon to ’Get the TABLES!’. Orton down for the save but Anderson cuts him off. 3-D by the Brothers and that’s all she wrote.

Run Time
- about 20 min

TAG MATCH - Bobby Roode & Austin Aries vs. Rhodes Scholars

WHY
- I would actually like to have made Roode and Aries vs. Kane and Bryan, but know people would like to see Kane vs. Abyss. So deciding to pit one ‘cocky’ team for another.

How it would play out
- Typical tag match with plenty of show boating. Aries and Rhodes steal the match with some great technical wrestling. Back and forth until a miscommunication between Rhodes and Sandow leads to Aries scoring the pin.

Run Time
- about 15 min

GRUDGE MATCH - Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk

WHY
- History. If there is one feud that defined indie wrestling in the last decade, it could be this. Many still talk about it this day. It could easily be the show stealer of the PPV and give any who never experienced the original a chance to see one hell of a match. It would be set up with an interview with Punk asking if he will be at the PPV. Punk’s reply is that ‘there is only one man in that company worthy of facing him. One man who pushed him to his limit more than any other. So how about it; PUNK/JOE 4!’.

How it would play out
- A wrestling clinic with both men leaving everything they have in the ring. After a couple early attempts by each man to nail their respective finishers only for the other to slither out, we would be treated to a swift paced match featuring classic wrestling. A few high spots would see Joe fly over the ropes only for Punk to side step. Punk sets Joe up on the announce table and flies off the top turnbuckle with an elbow. Joe makes it back in but he’s hurting as Punk stays in control until Joe catches him the charging knee in the corner with an STO. A little back and forth before Joe surprise Punk with the Rear Naked Choke. Punk close to tapping but manages to roll over and out. Both pop up and Punk quickly with the GTS but doesn’t have the footing and Joe crashes onto Punk for a 2 count. Joe in control and sets up for the Muscle Buster but Punk counters. Diving cross body and roll through into the Anaconda Vice. Joe ready to tap but manages to work his way out. Both men in the corner, Joe staggers Punk and climbs up the ropes only for Punk to catch him. Punk calls for the Pepsi Plunge. Joe throws Punk down and hit’s a senton, but only gets the 2. Shots by both but Punk catches Joe with a buzz saw kick laying Joe out. Punk up on the turn buck and calls for the Savage Elbow but Joe pops up and catches Punk in the Muscle Buster and nails it for the 3 count.

Run Time
- 40 min

KNOCKOUTS vs. DIVAS LUMBERJILL MATCH
-
Velvet Sky vs. Kaitlyn

WHY
- An easy way to feature the Knockouts and Divas.

How it will play out
- The 2 women will lay into each other with Sky getting the upper hand until Kaitlyn uses her power toss her out into the Divas. After a little ganging up the Knockouts manage to get Sky back in. Kaitlyn with the uper hand until Sky tosses her out to the Knockouts. Knockouts get some shots in til the Divas break it up. Sky and Kaitlyn both in going back and forth. Sky tries to toss Kaitlyn again but Kaitlyn drags Sky with her. All the Knockouts and Divas get in on the action as the match is tossed out.

Run Time
- about 8-10 min

FEATURE MATCH
- Sting vs. Undertaker

WHY
- Because it’s every fan boys dream even if 10 years late.

How it would play out - experience of how to put on a show. A very back and forth match with both men dishes out the best that they have left. Highlights would see it starting out with Sting chopping Taker only for him to shrug them off. Taker throws bombs to Sting only for him to do the infamous chest pound. After some back and forth Sting lands the Stinger Splash, but on a second attempt Taker catches him with a Choke Slam only to get a 2 count. Taker goes for Old School only to see Sting drop him into the Scorpion Deathlock. Taker easily reaches the ropes but gets up into a Scorpion Death Drop. Near fall kick out by Taker. Surprise Hell’s Gate by Taker only to see Sting reach the ropes. Taker in the corner as we see Sting go for another Stinger Splash. Taker catches him setting up for the Last Ride. Nails it, but instead of going for the cover does the throat cut and nails Sting with the Tombstone for the 1-2-3.

Run Time
-
about 25 min

20 MAN BATTLE ROYAL - AJ Styles, James Storm, Christopher Daniels, Kaz, Chris Sabin, Eric Young, Magnus, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Mr. Anderson, Randy Orton, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio, Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro, Brodus Clay, Chris Jericho

WHY
- just the easy out on getting as many talents on the card as possible.

How it would play out
- Match starts out with everyone jumping on Anderson and tossing him out. After that TNA stars partner off with WWE stars. Order of Elimination would be:
1) Anderson
2) Young
3) Cesaro
4) Kaz
5) Christian
6) Barrett
7) Clay
8) Daniels
9) Magnus
10) Miz
11) Sabin
12) Del Rio
13) Bryan
14) Hardy
15) Styles
16) Ziggler
17) Jericho
18) Orton
19) Storm
Winner - RVD
My original thought was have Storm win. But then thought, what if it was kept secret RVD was back with WWE? Have him turn at the PPV giving WWE the victory.

Run Time
- about 25 min

MAIN EVENT
- Kurt Angle vs. John Cena

WHY
- Obviously John Cena is the face of WWE and would/should main event any such PPV. While I believe Styles is the face of TNA, let’s face it, Kurt Angle would make the most credible opponent. Add to the fact they could play up how Cena’s first match was against Angle and the story writes itself.

How it would play out
- Power vs. Technique. Angle would bring the best out of Cena showing Cena can wrestle a match if he wants to. There would be no finisher - near pinfall - finisher - kickout - etc like we often see in Cena’s big matches. Angle would get the Ankle Lock on 2 -3 times only for Cena to refuse to quit. Cena would go for the STF only for Angle to reverse out of it. In the end, Cena would go for the AA only to have Angle reverse it into crucifix pin giving TNA the stunning upset win.

Run Time
- about 30 min

So I gave the overall win to TNA as they could use it more. Fallout sees RVD back in WWE. Angle beating Cena could set up a return as well. Perhaps some sort of talent exchange would come from such an endeavour. No real promos other than each companies next PPV and perhaps a short verbal exchange between Vince and Hogan through the show. I know it’s not everyone’s ’dream’ card, but hard fitting everything into a 3hr PPV.

Submit "TNA vs WWE; One Possible PPV idea" to Digg Submit "TNA vs WWE; One Possible PPV idea" to del.icio.us Submit "TNA vs WWE; One Possible PPV idea" to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA vs WWE; One Possible PPV idea" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My thoughts on your card:

Why isn't the one match everyone wants to see the main event? I've seen plenty of Cena/Angle matches in the past. If I were doing a TNA vs WWE ppv, I'd try to stick to plug guys in where they'd fit best. Angle vs Bryan is a match I'd love to see. Cena vs the guy who says it pays to be Roode wouldn't be cool to see? However, a guy like Jeff Hardy really has no dream opponents who he hasn't faced that I really want to see. What do you think would get more buzz, Jeff Hardy vs Punk after Punk sending him packing in Jeff's last match in WWE?

Here is the card I'd have WWE vs TNA; However, I have 10 matches below along with 5 HMs. I'd drop the Joe/Ryback and Shield vs Aces & 8s matches. Battle Royal would be added.

Sting vs Taker-the match everyone wants to see....MAIN EVENT!
    John Cena vs Bobby Roode-it pays to be Roode and selfish....who else could have face other than the top heel in the company?
    Aries vs Ziggler-greatest man vs showoff....battle of egos and great match. Who's better?
    Kane vs Abyss-Abyss has similarities to Kane and Mankind. Already have Foley vs Abyss. Now it is time to have that other dream match finally!!
    Daniel Bryan vs Kurt Angle-Reminds me of the matches between Angle/Benoit type of dynamic, but i feel Bryan has a much better connection with the crowd. You suck vs YES/NO chants!
    CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy-beat Hardy forcing him to leave WWE. Prob have this be 2nd to last match.
    AJ vs Mickie James-similar characters as crazy! Gotta have a divas/KO match.
    Ryback vs Samoa Joe-Joe's gonna kill you vs feed me more! Love the dynamic of a possible choke out vs a monster like Ryback.
    Shield vs Aces & 8s(Bully Ray, Mr.Anderson, Devon)-Where have the Dudley Boyz been? They have been in TNA! Best tag team ever vs a new top stable in the biz.
    AJ Styles vs Randy Orton-Being the best in a small pond is one thing, being the best in the largest is the other.

HM: Sheamus vs Matt Morgan
    Jericho vs Daniels
    Rob Terry vs HHH
    Magnus vs Barrett
    Storm vs Sandow
    Velvet Sky is terrible I don't wanna see her fight Kaitlyn. I'd rather Natalya vs Gail Kim
    Nice card. Well thought out...you kinda gave TNA a lot of wins here though, especially over WWE's top guys like Punk & Cena. Obviously, Taker wins and you could probably have a better Diva vs Knockout match. Maybe like Gail Kim vs AJ or Mickey James vs Natalya.

Good blog. Nice ideas. Creativity is awesome.
    Really would love to see angle vs bryan but also hardy vs bryan. Maybe have angle face punk instead.That would 2 sound match ups as we've already seen hardy vs punk. would rather see aj vs mickie than kaitlyn vs sky. aj is basically the face of the divas but i feel bad leaving out natalya and gail kim. it would be great to see two divas matches. i'm sorry but the shield are just on another level compared to ace and 8's. this match would be a huge let down. maybe have them face fortune or beer money. im sorry bt bully and devon are kind of past it. with regards to cen a id either pit him against styles or joe. Hima nd angle is done. need some fresh feuds.
    Thanks for taking the time and putting the effort into making this a decent read. I was somewhat surprised with the amount of wins you handed to TNA, but all and all, a good card.

@TheGreatOne; Question; Do you have this card saved somewhere? Everytime the TNA/WWE topic is brought, you copy paste the same bullsh*t card. NO, Cena/Roode is a sh*tty match. I'd rather see Cena/Bully (Top face vs Top Heel). "AJ Styles vs Randy Orton-Being the best in a small pond is one thing, being the best in the largest is the other." I laughed when reading this. Do you even watch Impact?

Above all, my favorite comment; "Why isn't the one match everyone wants to see the main event?" Have you ever tuned into any MANIA?!?! When was the last time you saw a match you wanted to see actually headline the show?

Buddy had a great card, keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhEonYx
    Thanks for taking the time and putting the effort into making this a decent read. I was somewhat surprised with the amount of wins you handed to TNA, but all and all, a good card.

@TheGreatOne; Question; Do you have this card saved somewhere? Everytime the TNA/WWE topic is brought, you copy paste the same bullsh*t card. NO, Cena/Roode is a sh*tty match. I'd rather see Cena/Bully (Top face vs Top Heel). "AJ Styles vs Randy Orton-Being the best in a small pond is one thing, being the best in the largest is the other." I laughed when reading this. Do you even watch Impact?

Above all, my favorite comment; "Why isn't the one match everyone wants to see the main event?" Have you ever tuned into any MANIA?!?! When was the last time you saw a match you wanted to see actually headline the show?

Buddy had a great card, keep it up.
    This is where our opinion differs because I'm not a big fan of Bully Ray's. I think he along with Devon would draw more money. I watch Impact every week yes. I do have it saved as a draft in my email with some other blogs I've worked on because some times I don't have time to do them.

Actually Mania the past 2 years has had the match I most wanted to see end the show.
    Thanks for those that ave positive feedback.
    As I said, I know it's not everyone's dream card (heck, there are matches I'd rather see), but I tried to look at it from a WWE perspective thinking Vince would essentially want to run things if such a PPV were to take place, and I don't believe Vince would see any TNA talents on par with his save for Angle, Hardy and Sting. After that, I wanted to stick with as many TNA 'originals' as possible. As for the number of TNA wins, I looked at it like the old Bragging Rights PPV were Smackdown always won. WWE wouldn't need the PPV like TNA would. But whatever, we could go around in circles in such a PPV forever. If a few of you got a kick out of it, that's all that matters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.