View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Superstar Hulk Hogan: "You want to love Hogan, but he gives me every reason not to "

Rate this Entry
Hogan ended by saying “whatcha gonna do when TNA and all the Hulkamaniacs become number one wrestling company in the world and run wild on you!” That is how Hogan ended his first promo inside a TNA ring. Hogan is probably the most well known wrestler in the world. Non-wrestling fans know who the man is. A lot of people dub him the greatest of all-time comparisons such as the MJ or Babe Ruth of pro wrestling. He is in that class if you ask me. Hogan was the man in WWF til he left for WCW in the mid 90s. Everyone knows the history of the Monday Night Wars between WWF and WCW. Hogan headlined the first 8 WMs, he was the reason why Mania was successful. He was also the reason why WCW was defeating WWF in the ratings the way they did. Everyone including me want to love Hulk Hogan. However, over the years, he has been giving me every reason to dislike him. Doesn't just have to do with TNA, but it also has to do with his ego. What do I mean by that? Well, that is why I created this blog series to give my opinion on superstar X. Today it is Hulk Hogan. Why I don't like Hulk Hogan: (underlined main topic being discussed in thy paragraph so readers won't have to read the whole thing if they don't wish to.)
Egomaniac/Politics:
Hogan believes he is the reason why Wrestlemania 1 was a success. No, Piper deserves 0 credit for its success nor does any other top territory stars who also was on the card. You know if he doesn't give credit to Piper, you know he doesn't give it to anybody else. I learned about this while watching Piper's WWE DVD years ago.

WM9 Hogan comes in and steals the glory from Yokozuna in less than a minute after Yokozuna won the WWF title for the first time vs Bret Hart in the main event. After that, lost to Yokozuna after a camera spray or flash got in his eyes. Bret claims it was supposed to be Bret vs Hogan while Hogan claims otherwise. A match everyone wanted to see in the main event of Summerslam passing of the torch sorta deal. However, didn't happen obviously.

Goes to WCW, wins the WCW title in his debut match vs Ric Flair only to beat him several times including a retirement match only to have Flair come back months later to face him again. He is the reason for WCW's success, not other guys like Savage, Sting, Nash, Hall and cruiserweights. Him and Bischoff did it before and should be able to do it with TNA. Proving how wrong that so-called fact is. I read Eric Bischoff's book, Eric Bischoff took a shot at critics for those who claim he is Hogan's puppet. Bischoff claims Hogan was trying to talk him into having Sting lose the match at Starrcade 97 because he wasn't in shape. That was the greatest highlight during that great time period. All would have been taken away by Hogan. I'm sure it is true as well since these two are still and have been on good terms since the book has been released. Hogan recently talked about WM6 with Warrior talking about him beating Warrior while being a heel. He wanted to do it, but Vince wouldn't let him? Another top moment away from the history books so he can have all the glory. Title for title Warrior vs Hogan was one of the top main events ever booked in history of Wrestlemania. A passing of the torch type of moment with first clean loss on Hogan's resume would still be spotless if Hogan had his way. However, back to the Hogan turning heel. Everyone from Nash, Hall, and even Bischoff in his book said Hogan was sorta afraid to turn heel because of business perspective. They all said the backup plan was if Hogan wouldn't go through being the 3rd man, Sting would have been that 3rd NWO member. If he was cautious in doing it in 96, you actually believe he wanted to do that when he was facing the Warrior? I don't think so.

Look at the way, Hogan did Goldberg along with Nash ending the streak like that topping it with the "poke of doom". How did that help anyone?

Jake Roberts was scheduled to have a feud with Hogan in mid-late 80s, I believe it was 86 when they had a few promos and matches together. Including the promo in which Jake DDT'd Hogan in which the crowd started chanting "DDT". The reason the feud couldn't continue because it was the wrong reaction from the crowd. Not good for a "business" perspective. I learned about this on Jake's WWE DVD.

I read an interview Hogan had talking about Summerslam 06 about his match with Orton. He just slammed everyone on the card claiming fans weren't into any matches other than his vs Orton. According to Hogan, fans left when Cena was on in the main event. This old fart believe he should finish every single show. He comes back and never puts over younger talent whether it be Orton, HBK, or anybody else. Hogan gets criticized from time to time about not jobbing because he was undefeated for like half of his career. He responds to critics he lost 2 or 3 straight weeks to Billy Kidman. How does that make up for all the years you didn't job?

2002, he did lose to Brock Lesnar on Smackdown making him look strong as ever. According to former writers, Hogan was planned to return at Survivor Series 03 to face Lesnar for the WWE title. The plan for Lesnar was for him to beat Hogan again to make him look even stronger. However, Hogan thought he was going to win back the WWE title and beat Brock at Survivor Series. Couldn't agree on the finish which is why it didn't happen.

Lack of responsibility for mistakes:
You'd think the man would grow up, but he hasn't. TNA has so much potential, all they need is a push to the next level and he believes he can help TNA get to that level aka on WWE's level. 1st night, Bischoff and Hogan say changes will continue to be made until they are the top wrestling company in the world. TNA is great now and looking back, they were better before Hogan/Bischoff arrived. Look at the division differences: Every TNA X-Division title match is in a triple threat, TNA world champion AJ Styles after retaining the world title against Sting at BFG09 compared to now Bully Ray. If I had told you, Bully Ray would have been the world champion in 2013 in TNA, what would you have told me? Tag division is just flat out terrible....worst tag division in the 3 if you ask me. It was one of thee if not thee best tag team division. Certainly had the best tag team in the business in the start of 2010: Take your choice, MCMG or Beer Money. The problem, I have is what I want to stress the most of what he stated: It is time for the young guys to get their push: In yet, he has WWE guys winning the world title from Anderson, to Jeff Hardy, to RVD, Sting, and now Bully Ray. I praise him for Aries and Roode, but he really hasn't delivered what he has claimed he offered. Hell, he was speaking all that young guys garbage the same show he had the returns of all former stars from Hall, Nash, X-Pac, Jeff Hardy, Nasty Boys, and even Val Venis of all the dudes.

Get criticized for Jeff Hardy being world champion while TNA is going out of the country for Impact tapings. Twitter: Dixie Carter makes the final call. If I were in charge, I'd have Roode have won the belt back from Jeff. You are the one who is helping with creative. I believe Hogan here, but still a lot of garbage they have put on TNA has been horrible. From ruining Abyss character to make him like Eugene and take him off TV to create himself as Abyss's brother? Even had the knockouts title change hands without having a match. A title changed hands via box for goodness sake. Russo was with TNA before Hogan, but took all the garbage for creative doing some questionable things on TNA programming. He left the company, no one is there to take the blame for TNA's bad product now. You know Hogan wouldn't think of some of those horrible things brother. In yet, I believe TNA was better when Russo was running the show over Hogan/Bischoff. From top to bottom in every division. Hell, the Knockouts tag title is never defended on TV anymore. Make promises like TV title will be defended every week only to pretend like that stipulation never existed. The genius booking by TNA have Fortune first join Immortal only to change their minds afterwards because the MEM reform couldn't happen after Booker T and Nash left for WWE. You book D-Lo Brown as a vp aka vice president of the Aces & 8s? Only to change your minds shortly afterward. Now the teases of Fortune and MEM returning to TNA? GENIUS!! How original is that booking?

The Monday Night Wars was a mistake because of DVR. Led TNA to worst ratings in companys history along with them going back to Thursdays at original time. Does TNA not realize that they showed replays of Impacts on Thursdays when the Wars was going on. This is why I chose to watch Raw over TNA during those wars. Not only that, I purchased and watched TNA's Greatest moments DVD. 1st part of the DVD is basically all of Hogan's moments in TNA for like over a half an hour. Ugh!!

That pretty much wraps up this blog. That is why I dislike Hulk Hogan. Do agree or disagree with some of the statements I made in this blog? Do you like or dislike Hulk Hogan? Why or why not? Leave that and more in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!!

Blogs coming up: (subject to change)
My view: Why King of the Ring should return?!?!
Booking Challenge: Summerslam 2013
Top 10 moments: RVD's career!
Superstar: Rob Van Dam!!

Submit "Superstar Hulk Hogan: "You want to love Hogan, but he gives me every reason not to "" to Digg Submit "Superstar Hulk Hogan: "You want to love Hogan, but he gives me every reason not to "" to del.icio.us Submit "Superstar Hulk Hogan: "You want to love Hogan, but he gives me every reason not to "" to StumbleUpon Submit "Superstar Hulk Hogan: "You want to love Hogan, but he gives me every reason not to "" to Google

Updated 06-22-2013 at 10:27 PM by TheGreatOne (changing upcoming blog topic)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nice blog, Hogans too rich and out of touch with society. Someone with his fortune naturally doesn't give a damn about anyone.
    People who want to blame Hogan for lack of ratings increases, lack of pushes for younger wrestlers, etc. in TNA are uneducated about the situation, IMO.

It isn't Hogan's fault that TNA doesn't have a guy on the roster that can capture the audiences' imagination the way that a big-time star is supposed to....believe me, they have tried -- Hardy, Angle, Sting, Aries, Roode, Storm, Styles, Samoa Joe, etc.....none of them truly have that "it" factor. Sting may have had it to a certain level many years ago.....Bully Ray probably comes the closest today, and last time I checked he's TNA's current champion!! And even if TNA did have an "it" guy, do you really think the ratings would skyrocket?....I seriously doubt it.

Wrestling in 2013 is in a "down" period. It isn't as popular as it was in Hulkamania and nWo/Attitude Eras. WWE doesn't even come close to drawing the numbers in the ratings/attendace like they previously did during the 2 major "boom" periods......so should we blame Vince McMahon, or John Cena for that?.......no, its just the way it is.

As far as Hogan hogging TV time goes?....give me a break. He is in 1-3 segments per show as an authority figure....nothing more and nothing less. That's about the same amount of airtime as the GM's of Raw or Smackdown have gotten, and I never heard anyone complaining about that.

At 59 years old, and barely able to walk, he is still the most "over" guy on TNA's roster. I hear more HO-GAN chants, and I see more Hogan t-shirts in the crowds than anything other guy in that locker room.....so is that Hogan's fault too?.....no, many fans still love him...nothing more and nothing less....once again, its just the way it is.

People need to stop placing blame where it doesn't belong....and start looking at things in a more realistic perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4evernatural
    People who want to blame Hogan for lack of ratings increases, lack of pushes for younger wrestlers, etc. in TNA are uneducated about the situation, IMO.

It isn't Hogan's fault that TNA doesn't have a guy on the roster that can capture the audiences' imagination the way that a big-time star is supposed to....believe me, they have tried -- Hardy, Angle, Sting, Aries, Roode, Storm, Styles, Samoa Joe, etc.....none of them truly have that "it" factor. Sting may have had it to a certain level many years ago.....Bully Ray probably comes the closest today, and last time I checked he's TNA's current champion!! And even if TNA did have an "it" guy, do you really think the ratings would skyrocket?....I seriously doubt it.

Wrestling in 2013 is in a "down" period. It isn't as popular as it was in Hulkamania and nWo/Attitude Eras. WWE doesn't even come close to drawing the numbers in the ratings/attendace like they previously did during the 2 major "boom" periods......so should we blame Vince McMahon, or John Cena for that?.......no, its just the way it is.

As far as Hogan hogging TV time goes?....give me a break. He is in 1-3 segments per show as an authority figure....nothing more and nothing less. That's about the same amount of airtime as the GM's of Raw or Smackdown have gotten, and I never heard anyone complaining about that.

At 59 years old, and barely able to walk, he is still the most "over" guy on TNA's roster. I hear more HO-GAN chants, and I see more Hogan t-shirts in the crowds than anything other guy in that locker room.....so is that Hogan's fault too?.....no, many fans still love him...nothing more and nothing less....once again, its just the way it is.

People need to stop placing blame where it doesn't belong....and start looking at things in a more realistic perspective.
    I'm not blaming Hogan. I'm calling out Hogan for not bringing the goods he said he was going to bring to TNA. You are so called giving the education to someone who already knows this stuff. I know the ratings arn't what they used to be and same goes for attendance among other things. Again, I'm calling out Hogan for not delivering what he said he would deliver which is take TNA to the next level. If you ask me, TNA has gotten worse since he has arrived. I've watched TNA since 04, tag division has never been this bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    I'm not blaming Hogan. I'm calling out Hogan for not bringing the goods he said he was going to bring to TNA. You are so called giving the education to someone who already knows this stuff. I know the ratings arn't what they used to be and same goes for attendance among other things. Again, I'm calling out Hogan for not delivering what he said he would deliver which is take TNA to the next level. If you ask me, TNA has gotten worse since he has arrived. I've watched TNA since 04, tag division has never been this bad.
    You keep repeating your version of facts, because they're YOUR facts, rather than understanding others opinions. Hogan, in my opinion, has brought TNA, which happens to be the fastest growing wrestling company ever, to completely different levels. Yea, the ratings didn't change,but that was never going to change until they got out of Orlando to truly build a fan base.
    If every episode of Impact entertains me more than anything WWE's done since 2005, then I do believe Hogan/Bischoff have done a good job with the overall product.

People need to stop complaining about the color of the wrestling gear that these guys wrestle in, and just be appreciative of the fact that they're trying to entertain you. If they aren't, change the channel. It's amazing how many things some of these Internet keyboard warriors can point out, while not even working for a wrestling company to have a fucking clue or valid facts before going on their infinite and deluded tirades.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder
    You keep repeating your version of facts, because they're YOUR facts, rather than understanding others opinions. Hogan, in my opinion, has brought TNA, which happens to be the fastest growing wrestling company ever, to completely different levels. Yea, the ratings didn't change,but that was never going to change until they got out of Orlando to truly build a fan base.
    If every episode of Impact entertains me more than anything WWE's done since 2005, then I do believe Hogan/Bischoff have done a good job with the overall product.

People need to stop complaining about the color of the wrestling gear that these guys wrestle in, and just be appreciative of the fact that they're trying to entertain you. If they aren't, change the channel. It's amazing how many things some of these Internet keyboard warriors can point out, while not even working for a wrestling company to have a fucking clue or valid facts before going on their infinite and deluded tirades.
    Ratings did change, worst ratings in the past 6 years in 2012. You are telling me WWE doesn't have a better product right now than TNA? Wow, we certainly have different opinions. I havn't saw Raw yet this weeks, but Raw last week was the best Raw I've seen in a long time. I saw several agree with me on that.

Stop complaining about wrestling gear? I could give a flying crap about a gear a wrestler wears. Appreciate what product they are giving me? Last ppv, Slammiversary has featured Sting yet again going against the world champion. You enjoy that? I'm more excited about the new things going on in WWE. Henry's promo, AJ finally winning the Divas title, Shield, Usos finally getting a push they deserve, Daniel Bryan stealing the show week after week, Axel the new IC champion on Father's day, Punk has returned now the storyline leading to a match with him and Brock with Heyman in the middle. Yea, I'm enjoying WWEs product a helluva lot more than TNA's right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Ratings did change, worst ratings in the past 6 years in 2012. You are telling me WWE doesn't have a better product right now than TNA? Wow, we certainly have different opinions. I havn't saw Raw yet this weeks, but Raw last week was the best Raw I've seen in a long time. I saw several agree with me on that.

Stop complaining about wrestling gear? I could give a flying crap about a gear a wrestler wears. Appreciate what product they are giving me? Last ppv, Slammiversary has featured Sting yet again going against the world champion. You enjoy that? I'm more excited about the new things going on in WWE. Henry's promo, AJ finally winning the Divas title, Shield, Usos finally getting a push they deserve, Daniel Bryan stealing the show week after week, Axel the new IC champion on Father's day, Punk has returned now the storyline leading to a match with him and Brock with Heyman in the middle. Yea, I'm enjoying WWEs product a helluva lot more than TNA's right now.
    Did I say the ratings changed for the better?????
    My wrestling gear comment went way over your head.

That's fine if you enjoy WWE's product more, but don't attempt to claim once again that you're opinion is above mine by questioning why I enjoy something that you seem so against to. I attended Slammiversary, and it was one of the best wrestling shows I've attended in the past 15 years. I care about in ring storytelling, not how far a wrestler can jump and how many back flips he can do. Bully & Sting told a great story in that match, and Sting made me completely forget about why I was upset that he was booked, besides that the reason was actually completely positive.

You see, there's are fans who just watch wrestling to enjoy it, and then there are those who sit down and write endless blogs complaining about it.
    TV ratings have demographics, and this is something a lot of fans tend to forget. If WWE doesn't really do much for me, and I enjoy TNA more, it's clearly because I'm within their demo, just like you enjoy WWE's more, meaning you fit theirs. It's simple. Therefore, I can't sit and complain 24/7 about a company that isn't really trying to focus on what I WANNA SEE.
    That doesn't upset me at all, because thankfully, there's an alternative, which is TNA. Again, works both ways with fans.

If you're just a wrestling mark altogether, and my god I wish I could be, you simply enjoy both for what they are, and favorite what they don't share, which makes you fortunate enough to just enjoy both. With that, their is no room for bitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder
    Did I say the ratings changed for the better?????
    My wrestling gear comment went way over your head.

That's fine if you enjoy WWE's product more, but don't attempt to claim once again that you're opinion is above mine by questioning why I enjoy something that you seem so against to. I attended Slammiversary, and it was one of the best wrestling shows I've attended in the past 15 years. I care about in ring storytelling, not how far a wrestler can jump and how many back flips he can do. Bully & Sting told a great story in that match, and Sting made me completely forget about why I was upset that he was booked, besides that the reason was actually completely positive.

You see, there's are fans who just watch wrestling to enjoy it, and then there are those who sit down and write endless blogs complaining about it.
    TV ratings have demographics, and this is something a lot of fans tend to forget. If WWE doesn't really do much for me, and I enjoy TNA more, it's clearly because I'm within their demo, just like you enjoy WWE's more, meaning you fit theirs. It's simple. Therefore, I can't sit and complain 24/7 about a company that isn't really trying to focus on what I WANNA SEE.
    That doesn't upset me at all, because thankfully, there's an alternative, which is TNA. Again, works both ways with fans.

If you're just a wrestling mark altogether, and my god I wish I could be, you simply enjoy both for what they are, and favorite what they don't share, which makes you fortunate enough to just enjoy both. With that, their is no room for bitching.
    I've seen a lot better of a product out of TNA which is why. This series isn't particularly about TNA. It is stating why my opinion of superstar X is what it is. Not everything in TNA is bad, but the majority is. I'm glad Sabin is the X-Division champion, but I hate the repetitive triple threat matches. Knockouts division has gotten a lot better the past couple of weeks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.