View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Superstar Hulk Hogan: "You want to love Hogan, but he gives me every reason not to "

Rate this Entry
Hogan ended by saying “whatcha gonna do when TNA and all the Hulkamaniacs become number one wrestling company in the world and run wild on you!” That is how Hogan ended his first promo inside a TNA ring. Hogan is probably the most well known wrestler in the world. Non-wrestling fans know who the man is. A lot of people dub him the greatest of all-time comparisons such as the MJ or Babe Ruth of pro wrestling. He is in that class if you ask me. Hogan was the man in WWF til he left for WCW in the mid 90s. Everyone knows the history of the Monday Night Wars between WWF and WCW. Hogan headlined the first 8 WMs, he was the reason why Mania was successful. He was also the reason why WCW was defeating WWF in the ratings the way they did. Everyone including me want to love Hulk Hogan. However, over the years, he has been giving me every reason to dislike him. Doesn't just have to do with TNA, but it also has to do with his ego. What do I mean by that? Well, that is why I created this blog series to give my opinion on superstar X. Today it is Hulk Hogan. Why I don't like Hulk Hogan: (underlined main topic being discussed in thy paragraph so readers won't have to read the whole thing if they don't wish to.)
Egomaniac/Politics:
Hogan believes he is the reason why Wrestlemania 1 was a success. No, Piper deserves 0 credit for its success nor does any other top territory stars who also was on the card. You know if he doesn't give credit to Piper, you know he doesn't give it to anybody else. I learned about this while watching Piper's WWE DVD years ago.

WM9 Hogan comes in and steals the glory from Yokozuna in less than a minute after Yokozuna won the WWF title for the first time vs Bret Hart in the main event. After that, lost to Yokozuna after a camera spray or flash got in his eyes. Bret claims it was supposed to be Bret vs Hogan while Hogan claims otherwise. A match everyone wanted to see in the main event of Summerslam passing of the torch sorta deal. However, didn't happen obviously.

Goes to WCW, wins the WCW title in his debut match vs Ric Flair only to beat him several times including a retirement match only to have Flair come back months later to face him again. He is the reason for WCW's success, not other guys like Savage, Sting, Nash, Hall and cruiserweights. Him and Bischoff did it before and should be able to do it with TNA. Proving how wrong that so-called fact is. I read Eric Bischoff's book, Eric Bischoff took a shot at critics for those who claim he is Hogan's puppet. Bischoff claims Hogan was trying to talk him into having Sting lose the match at Starrcade 97 because he wasn't in shape. That was the greatest highlight during that great time period. All would have been taken away by Hogan. I'm sure it is true as well since these two are still and have been on good terms since the book has been released. Hogan recently talked about WM6 with Warrior talking about him beating Warrior while being a heel. He wanted to do it, but Vince wouldn't let him? Another top moment away from the history books so he can have all the glory. Title for title Warrior vs Hogan was one of the top main events ever booked in history of Wrestlemania. A passing of the torch type of moment with first clean loss on Hogan's resume would still be spotless if Hogan had his way. However, back to the Hogan turning heel. Everyone from Nash, Hall, and even Bischoff in his book said Hogan was sorta afraid to turn heel because of business perspective. They all said the backup plan was if Hogan wouldn't go through being the 3rd man, Sting would have been that 3rd NWO member. If he was cautious in doing it in 96, you actually believe he wanted to do that when he was facing the Warrior? I don't think so.

Look at the way, Hogan did Goldberg along with Nash ending the streak like that topping it with the "poke of doom". How did that help anyone?

Jake Roberts was scheduled to have a feud with Hogan in mid-late 80s, I believe it was 86 when they had a few promos and matches together. Including the promo in which Jake DDT'd Hogan in which the crowd started chanting "DDT". The reason the feud couldn't continue because it was the wrong reaction from the crowd. Not good for a "business" perspective. I learned about this on Jake's WWE DVD.

I read an interview Hogan had talking about Summerslam 06 about his match with Orton. He just slammed everyone on the card claiming fans weren't into any matches other than his vs Orton. According to Hogan, fans left when Cena was on in the main event. This old fart believe he should finish every single show. He comes back and never puts over younger talent whether it be Orton, HBK, or anybody else. Hogan gets criticized from time to time about not jobbing because he was undefeated for like half of his career. He responds to critics he lost 2 or 3 straight weeks to Billy Kidman. How does that make up for all the years you didn't job?

2002, he did lose to Brock Lesnar on Smackdown making him look strong as ever. According to former writers, Hogan was planned to return at Survivor Series 03 to face Lesnar for the WWE title. The plan for Lesnar was for him to beat Hogan again to make him look even stronger. However, Hogan thought he was going to win back the WWE title and beat Brock at Survivor Series. Couldn't agree on the finish which is why it didn't happen.

Lack of responsibility for mistakes:
You'd think the man would grow up, but he hasn't. TNA has so much potential, all they need is a push to the next level and he believes he can help TNA get to that level aka on WWE's level. 1st night, Bischoff and Hogan say changes will continue to be made until they are the top wrestling company in the world. TNA is great now and looking back, they were better before Hogan/Bischoff arrived. Look at the division differences: Every TNA X-Division title match is in a triple threat, TNA world champion AJ Styles after retaining the world title against Sting at BFG09 compared to now Bully Ray. If I had told you, Bully Ray would have been the world champion in 2013 in TNA, what would you have told me? Tag division is just flat out terrible....worst tag division in the 3 if you ask me. It was one of thee if not thee best tag team division. Certainly had the best tag team in the business in the start of 2010: Take your choice, MCMG or Beer Money. The problem, I have is what I want to stress the most of what he stated: It is time for the young guys to get their push: In yet, he has WWE guys winning the world title from Anderson, to Jeff Hardy, to RVD, Sting, and now Bully Ray. I praise him for Aries and Roode, but he really hasn't delivered what he has claimed he offered. Hell, he was speaking all that young guys garbage the same show he had the returns of all former stars from Hall, Nash, X-Pac, Jeff Hardy, Nasty Boys, and even Val Venis of all the dudes.

Get criticized for Jeff Hardy being world champion while TNA is going out of the country for Impact tapings. Twitter: Dixie Carter makes the final call. If I were in charge, I'd have Roode have won the belt back from Jeff. You are the one who is helping with creative. I believe Hogan here, but still a lot of garbage they have put on TNA has been horrible. From ruining Abyss character to make him like Eugene and take him off TV to create himself as Abyss's brother? Even had the knockouts title change hands without having a match. A title changed hands via box for goodness sake. Russo was with TNA before Hogan, but took all the garbage for creative doing some questionable things on TNA programming. He left the company, no one is there to take the blame for TNA's bad product now. You know Hogan wouldn't think of some of those horrible things brother. In yet, I believe TNA was better when Russo was running the show over Hogan/Bischoff. From top to bottom in every division. Hell, the Knockouts tag title is never defended on TV anymore. Make promises like TV title will be defended every week only to pretend like that stipulation never existed. The genius booking by TNA have Fortune first join Immortal only to change their minds afterwards because the MEM reform couldn't happen after Booker T and Nash left for WWE. You book D-Lo Brown as a vp aka vice president of the Aces & 8s? Only to change your minds shortly afterward. Now the teases of Fortune and MEM returning to TNA? GENIUS!! How original is that booking?

The Monday Night Wars was a mistake because of DVR. Led TNA to worst ratings in companys history along with them going back to Thursdays at original time. Does TNA not realize that they showed replays of Impacts on Thursdays when the Wars was going on. This is why I chose to watch Raw over TNA during those wars. Not only that, I purchased and watched TNA's Greatest moments DVD. 1st part of the DVD is basically all of Hogan's moments in TNA for like over a half an hour. Ugh!!

That pretty much wraps up this blog. That is why I dislike Hulk Hogan. Do agree or disagree with some of the statements I made in this blog? Do you like or dislike Hulk Hogan? Why or why not? Leave that and more in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!!

Blogs coming up: (subject to change)
My view: Why King of the Ring should return?!?!
Booking Challenge: Summerslam 2013
Top 10 moments: RVD's career!
Superstar: Rob Van Dam!!

Submit "Superstar Hulk Hogan: "You want to love Hogan, but he gives me every reason not to "" to Digg Submit "Superstar Hulk Hogan: "You want to love Hogan, but he gives me every reason not to "" to del.icio.us Submit "Superstar Hulk Hogan: "You want to love Hogan, but he gives me every reason not to "" to StumbleUpon Submit "Superstar Hulk Hogan: "You want to love Hogan, but he gives me every reason not to "" to Google

Updated 06-22-2013 at 10:27 PM by TheGreatOne (changing upcoming blog topic)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I still respect everything Hogan done for the business. Now question ask, he did help put wrestling on the map. Now he is retired from the ring and I do believe there is a place for him, but what he doing, is straight out selfish in my book. There are so many stars TNA have/had, most of them don't get t.v. time. Hogan is on t.v. every 5 minutes it seems like, he even brought his daughter in just for he can get more t.v. time. He can't wrestle any more but he put himself in a feud with Aces and Eights...why? There were guys who were starting to get popular or pushed just to have the carpet swept underneath them. I believe Hogan had a lot to do with it. His ego is ruining his legacy. I would respect him and like him more if he accepts that his job now is to put over younger stars, something he could never do in his whole career.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOF666
    I still respect everything Hogan done for the business. Now question ask, he did help put wrestling on the map. Now he is retired from the ring and I do believe there is a place for him, but what he doing, is straight out selfish in my book. There are so many stars TNA have/had, most of them don't get t.v. time. Hogan is on t.v. every 5 minutes it seems like, he even brought his daughter in just for he can get more t.v. time. He can't wrestle any more but he put himself in a feud with Aces and Eights...why? There were guys who were starting to get popular or pushed just to have the carpet swept underneath them. I believe Hogan had a lot to do with it. His ego is ruining his legacy. I would respect him and like him more if he accepts that his job now is to put over younger stars, something he could never do in his whole career.
    Look at Impact this week, X-Division got bout a minute on TV talking to Hogan. Hogan of course had more walking his daughter to the car, walking to the ring backstage, among other things. When you look at the rumors talking about him coming back to compete for the TNA world title vs Bully Ray at BFG....it makes you a bit sick. Hogan says he can still go and other times he says he can't. If you can't which I believe, why take a spot away from a guy like say Matt Morgan who didn't even compete at the last ppv?
    It's funny how people continue to bitch about Hogan's airtime.. Yet he has the highest rated segments. When will people comprehend that Hogan doesn't choose his airtime? Spyke demands TNA to give Hogan continuous air time.

To this day, Hogan takes all the credit for all sorts of negative things, and never gets credit for all the positives. Specially all the things he's done for TNA. Yea, the ratings promise didn't happen, but everything else he promised, has happened.

The "let's bash Hulk Hogan" party ended a while ago. Move on, and if you care enough, go to his twitter and politely suggest good ideas to improve Impact. Chances are, he will probably reply to your tweets.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder
    It's funny how people continue to bitch about Hogan's airtime.. Yet he has the highest rated segments. When will people comprehend that Hogan doesn't choose his airtime? Spyke demands TNA to give Hogan continuous air time.

To this day, Hogan takes all the credit for all sorts of negative things, and never gets credit for all the positives. Specially all the things he's done for TNA. Yea, the ratings promise didn't happen, but everything else he promised, has happened.

The "let's bash Hulk Hogan" party ended a while ago. Move on, and if you care enough, go to his twitter and politely suggest good ideas to improve Impact. Chances are, he will probably reply to your tweets.
    What negative things has he taken credit for? IDK where you get the info that says Hogan is the most watched segment on the show. The latest TNA ratings breakdown I found was with Hogan having the 3rd lowest rated segment. Highest rated was patching of AJ Styles with Aces and 8s which was May 23rd. You are trying to tell me TNA has no say on use of Hulk Hogan? I could see 2 segments, but he gets a ton of ridiculous air time. Hogan didn't bring any positive to TNA. What did he bring? His old fart friends in aka Nasty Boys. Brought in Orlando Jordan in to do a type of gimmick I dont want to see again. He didn't take TNA to the next level. TNA has been worse since he has arrived. Ratings in 2012 was at its worst in 6 years. Obviously he hasn't been delivering the goods. Young guys time? You got Bully Ray, Anderson, Jeff Hardy, RVD, among other old farts as champion. TNA's tag division hasn't been any worse than it is right now. Triple threat match every single X-Division title match? Having titles change hands in boxes? What the hell has he done positive for the company?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    What negative things has he taken credit for? IDK where you get the info that says Hogan is the most watched segment on the show. The latest TNA ratings breakdown I found was with Hogan having the 3rd lowest rated segment. Highest rated was patching of AJ Styles with Aces and 8s which was May 23rd. You are trying to tell me TNA has no say on use of Hulk Hogan? I could see 2 segments, but he gets a ton of ridiculous air time. Hogan didn't bring any positive to TNA. What did he bring? His old fart friends in aka Nasty Boys. Brought in Orlando Jordan in to do a type of gimmick I dont want to see again. He didn't take TNA to the next level. TNA has been worse since he has arrived. Ratings in 2012 was at its worst in 6 years. Obviously he hasn't been delivering the goods. Young guys time? You got Bully Ray, Anderson, Jeff Hardy, RVD, among other old farts as champion. TNA's tag division hasn't been any worse than it is right now. Triple threat match every single X-Division title match? Having titles change hands in boxes? What the hell has he done positive for the company?
    since when is 35 old
    Quote Originally Posted by browne81
    since when is 35 old
    I was over-exaggerating purposely. It isn't about the young guys which is my point. He is letting guys who have already held the world title win it or ones that are old win it.
    I have to agree with the great one here in this debate. Good Blog.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.