View RSS Feed

WWE Brain

Why Chris Jericho has to win The Money in the Bank

Rate this Entry
Money in the bank is just around the corner and with all the buzz around Rob Van Dam, it is time to focus on another. Chris Jericho has to win the money in the bank breifcase to save his career.Keep reading to find out more or stop reading now.

Chris Jericho has been a huge character in every brand he has been in, WWF/E,Smackdown,Raw,WCW. Chris has had his career because of his rivals and his persona. But as the times have changed so has the WWE. We've moved on to Fandango and other midcarders who,are a joke, will be the future of the buisness. Y2J has been pushed to the side to highlight John Cena, Ryback and CM Punk(The only one of the three I like). If WWE does not start putting Jericho in main events, I fear he will wash up and retire. It dosen't seem he will get a title shot anytime soon, so the only way to get him as champ and in the main event is for him to win Money in the Bank.

Possible Outcomes:
Chris Jericho wins the Money in the Bank and cashes it in at Summerslam. Now as champion I would like to see him verse Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton, The Rock and heck go ahead and throw Cena in there. I don't expect his reign to last 434 days but I would like to see him get a few rematches in extreme stipulations. After that he should be fine, but if he does fall into the midcard again it will be time for him to hang up his boots.

Note: I loved Jericho as Intercont. Champion but with the current roster I don't see it working out to well. This may sound crazy but I would want to see him verse Undertaker sooner rather than later.

Submit "Why Chris Jericho has to win The Money in the Bank" to Digg Submit "Why Chris Jericho has to win The Money in the Bank" to del.icio.us Submit "Why Chris Jericho has to win The Money in the Bank" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why Chris Jericho has to win The Money in the Bank" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I actually am on board with this idea. I think Jericho has many years left if he does it his way, but at the same time, I think this could be a brilliant set up. Have him win. Go on tour with Fozzy, just disappear with the briefcase. Some random PPV have him come on out and Cash it in. The crowd would go nuts, it gives perfect room for him to face talent he hasn't encountered and set up a great storyline.

I would hope he'd cash in by Survivor Series, retain through till the Rumble or the Chamber, and drop it to the next guy and be in 1 of 4 main event matches are Wrestlemania in a Ladder match to win his 10th IC championship. Have him defend throughout the Summer and drop it to the next guy before he has to leave on tour again. It gives him multiple storylines for at least 1 year and brings back prestige to the IC title along with WHC.

Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry were good champions but in my mind and heart the title hasn't meant anything since Edge retired. Him and Undertaker made that title mean so much and its lost a bit of that in my eyes, hopefully Jericho is the guy who can make it mean something again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    I really want Jericho to win MITB as well, considering he came up with the concept. Plus he has been in multiple ones. I think the best way to do this would have Jericho win it and then lose the MITB contract to a younger talent in say a ladder match at Summerslam. Although to some this sounds pointless, it is nice to have surprise victories like this. And this did happen between Mr.Kennedy losing his MITB contract to Edge.
    Only reason wwe had edge win was because they thought Kennedy who got hurt would be out for too long but Kennedy wasn't actually as bad as first thought and ended up returning after a few weeks and could've kept the briefcase. oh well
    "Chris Jericho has to win the money in the bank breifcase to save his career.Keep reading to find out more or stop reading now"

I wish I had stopped reading.
    Y2J does not need to win Money in the Bank to become champion. He is a huge star and has been in the WWE for over 10 years. If he wants the belt all he needs to do is go wrestling 1st and Ozzy 2nd. The thing is Y2J wants to be a rockstar but the thing is he sucks as a rockstar. He is a wrestler and if he wants to do the Ozzy thing in his free time, that is fine but it should not take him away from the WWE.

I don't think Y2J will retire any time soon and he loves what he does in the WWE. I think if he quit or got let go he would do TNA before he would retire from wrestling. I am not saying that will happen by any means but I am saying that is how much he loves wrestling. Anyways Jericho is awesome and I am sure he will be put on a big role here sooner or later but right now he is trying to put over some new talent. The thing is most of the new talent sucks....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.