View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Payback 2013 Predictions

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. Welcome to Double O! I am back with another opinion of mine. This time, I will give you my predictions for WWE Payback! I hope you enjoy.

[I]PRE-SHOW MATCH[/I][B]
Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow[/B]

I have been paying attention to Sandow over the past few weeks...I think that this would be a good way to start a possible push. I think that he will somehow win this match.

[B]Winner: Damien Sandow via pinfall after the Silencer[/B]

[I]EVENT

[/I][B]WWE Tag Team Championship
Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan & Randy Orton
[/B]
The unlikely team of Bryan & Orton...this match could go either way. The Shield have only just won the tag titles so they might retain, plus Orton is overdue for the heel turn and they are looking to push Bryan in the WWE Title direction. Then again, plans always change and they've got a name picked out for their team (Team RK-NO). I am not sure who will win to be honest. But due to me not being able to make a decision, I always go with the current champions by default.

[B]Winners and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions: The Shield via pinfall after a Spear on Orton[/B]

[B]United States Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Kane[/B]

I think that Team Hell NO have officially broken up, due to the segment on SmackDown. This might be leading to Kane getting back into singles title competition. If so, then like Orton and Bryan, he might have a chance to win the title is in contention for...if he loses, he might even turn heel again, which would be good, because let's face it...Kane is destined to be a heel. He's so much better as a heel than a face. Ever since he got in kahootz with Bryan, he's turned into a lovable monster...WWE is PG, not aged 3+. He can still be dominant and scary in a villian way and still not breach PG-TV. I don't see Ambrose losing the title so soon anyways, especially since Kingston did not have a long title reign. It would be too soon for another new champion.

[B]Winner and STILL United States Champion: Dean Ambrose via pinfall after a Headlock Driver[/B]

[B]Divas Championship
Kaitlyn (c) vs. AJ Lee[/B]

To be honest, I think Kaitylyn's title reign is up. Nuff said, plus Ziggler is the World Champion so it would be fitting for his 'girlfriend' AJ to hold the Divas Title as well. They could be the modern day Edge and Lita, plus the new power couple in WWE.

[B]Winner and NEW Divas Champion: AJ Lee via Submission after the Black Widow
[/B]

[B]World Heavyweight Championship
Dolph Ziggler w/ Big E Langston (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio w/ Ricardo Rodriguez[/B]

This match is finally happening. We've been waiting for weeks and over a month. I actually thought at one point that Ziggler would be stripped of the title due to his concussion, which would have been a shame, but it is good that he hasn't been and can defend it. A real no brainer here...I cannot see Ziggler losing the title in his first defence, and I cannot see Del Rio winning the title again for some time. Plus, as I said before, I think AJ will win the Divas Title so yeah, its kind of obvious that Ziggler will retain so he and AJ could possibly be the new power couple in WWE today.

[B]Winner: Alberto Del Rio via Disqualification
STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Dolph Ziggler [/B]

[B]Intercontinental Championship
Triple Threat match
Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz vs. Curtis Axel[/B]

I actually think that Curtis Axel will win...they acknowledged that his late father Mr. Pefect won the Intercontinental Championship and that he could follow in his footsteps. Plus, I do not think Miz will win. He won the title at WrestleMania and then lost it one day later, so if he wins, I do not see why Barrett would have won it back in the first place. Plus, if Barrett retains, I can't think of a good way to use him in a good storyline for the title. I think that Axel would be the man to do that, and to bring a bit of prestige back to the classic championship.
[B]
Winner and NEW Intercontinental Champion: Curtis Axel via pinfall

Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk w/ Paul Heyman[/B]

No doubt that Punk will probably win this match. Plus I expect him to get a huge pop, probably the biggest one of the night. I cannot see Punk taking time off after a huge loss, return and then lose again. Plus, Jericho won last month at Extreme Rules and Punk has not had a PPV victory for the entire year. He lost to Rock at Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber, and then to Undertaker at WrestleMania. He was not at Extreme Rules due to a brief hiatus, so I think he will win this match. For some reason, with Curtis Axel in the picture and Brock Lesnar still around, I expect Paul Heyman to do what he always eventually does, turn on a client. Happened to Lesnar at one stage, then Kurt Angle and then Rob Van Dam. Axel is too fresh, Lesnar is not around enough for this, so I think it will be Punk to be betrayed, resulting in him becoming a face once more. But for now, I think he will defeat Jericho.

[B]Winner: CM Punk via pinfall after a GTS
[/B]
[B]
WWE Championship
Three Stages of Hell match
John Cena (c) vs. Ryback[/B]

Even with Punk returning, I think that his will be the match of the night hands down. I still don't think that Cena has had a long enough reign to just lose the title after gaining 'redemption' against The Rock. I think the reason behind the draw between Cena and Ryback at Extreme Rules was a because they did not want Cena to lose the title, let alone the match and they did not want Ryback to lose at all. I do not think the outcome of that match was based around thr WWE Title one bit. I think they did not want Ryback to lose because he is like Punk, he has not had a PPV win this year. So a draw was the only way they could have Cena retain without Ryback losing.

[B]1st Stage: Lumberjack match[/B]
For this match, I do not think they will have Ryback actually PIN Cena or make him submit. So I think Cena will be the favourable one for this fall.

[B]Winner: John Cena via pinfall
Cena: 1
Ryback: 0

2nd Stage: Table match[/B]
As I said, they did not want Ryback to pin Cena in this match so that's why they made this one a Table match. Plus, Cena has not had the best of luck in Tables matches....Carlito and Kurt Angle, Randy Orton, Sheamus and even R-Truth...the only guy he beat in this match was Jonathan Coachman...aha.

[B]Winner: Ryback
Cena: 1
Ryback: 1

3rd Stage: Ambulance match[/B]
The 3rd and final stage. This match could go either way at this point. Ryback has been using an Ambulance in his 'gimmick' if you would call it that but at the same time, Cena has wrestled this match once to succession. The only factor that people would consider in deciding who the winner will be is the fact that Cena has not held the title for that long, and probably will not have many more World Title reigns, since he is at No. 13...so they would not want him losing one of his last reigns so soon.

[B]Winner: John Cena
Cena: 2
Ryback 1

Winner and STILL WWE Champion: John Cena[/B]

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THAT! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. LEAVE YOUR OWN OPINIONS AND PREDICTIONS BELOW...DO NOT FORGET TO TUNE IN TO ewrestlingnews.com FOR FULL FREE COVERAGE OF THE EVENT.

ALSO, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME OR COMMENT IDEAS FOR TOPICS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO POST ABOUT. WWE, TNA AND/OR NXT [B]ONLY! [/B]THANK YOU!

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Payback 2013 Predictions" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Payback 2013 Predictions" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Payback 2013 Predictions" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE Payback 2013 Predictions" to Google

Comments

I think thats pretty much whats going to happen. However I dont think Sheamus will lose to Sandow. Sandow has attacked Sheamus twice in a row so he looks strong but I think Sheamus will win. I hope Ryback pins Cena in the lumberjack match so he gets really close to the title in the tables match, I think it would be better that way to keep us on the edge of our seats.
    I feel as punk will no show at first Brock will come out rip apart Jericho f5 him then punk comes out and just covers Jericho then we don't see Jericho till around survivor series time also this could start Brock/punk feud with Brock saying punk wouldn't have won if it weren't for him
    Claps!! Nice job agreed with everything on here. I hope Sandow picks up the w!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.