View RSS Feed

RatedRKO

2013 Payback Predictions

Rate this Entry
So Payback has finally dawned upon us and it seems that there is much to talk about. CM Punk will make his return in front of his hometown crowd, Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan will be teaming up, John Cena and Ryback will compete in 3 STAGES OF HELL, Wade Barrett actually gets to be on the show this time, there's a Divas MATCH and, ah...who am I kidding? Let's just get down to the predictions.

Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler - World Heavyweight Title

I read an article here on eWrestlingnews earlier today that had gambling odds for the match and most speculate that Alberto Del Rio has a 17 to 1 chance of winning the title back from Ziggler. Based on how Ziggler has been performing since becoming champion, no one can blame them. Since Dolph cashed in and won the title, he has lost by pinfall to Jack Swagger, then gets knocked out by Swagger, misses time, and then takes the pinfall in a tag match the first night he comes back. Now, I have reason to believe Ziggler is in McMahon's doghouse because to have a World Champion look so weak is indescribable. Also, guess what? Ziggler holds Smackdown's top title and his match doesn't even close the show. No, the tag team title situation closes the show. Ziggler is starting what will be a very dissapointing title reign in my eyes but i don't see him losing tomorrow. What would be shocking though is if he wins cleanly. THAT would be a surprise.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Kane vs Dean Ambrose - United States Title

The only major title i could think of that Kane has not held is the US Title and he gets his first crack at it. Meanwhile, Dean Ambrose looks as awesome as ever. His mic work is masterful, and he is taking a page out of the books of Edge, CM Punk and Chris Jericho in terms of making others look good in matches. I expect a nice match with a combination of powerhouses and brawling tactics but i expect Dean to leave as champion. I don't think he would win cleanly but i also wouldn't count out the possibility of having a DQ finish, which would be rather dissapointing considering its a PPV.

Winner: Dean Ambrose

Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns - WWE Tag Team Titles

To be quite frank, I cannot seem to wrap my head around how this match was created. Daniel Bryan eats an RKO from Orton and then on the following RAW and Smackdown, everything is all peachy. That is just great. Now as for The Shield, they shockingly lost their very first match as a unit but they are still as strong as ever. This also just went further to the point that they will retain at Payback on Sunday. I expect Orton to fully unleash on Daniel Bryan and i don't expect Bryan to turn heel. And besides, why should he be the one turning heel? It should be Orton turning heel as he is the more natural one. The Shield, a cohesive unit will defeat A Viper and A Goat. That's all i see from them. Get it? Got it? Good.

Winners: Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns

The Miz vs Curtis Axel vs Wade Barrett - Intercontinental Title

Well, at least Barrett is on the PPV this time. Barrett is the worst Intercontinental Champion of all time. There is no other way to slice it. Sure he could win against a Zack Ryder but he keeps losing to the likes of Sheamus, Randy Orton and even SIN FREAKING CARA! And all of those were non title matches. Barrett claims himself to be the bare-knuckle brawler but he is not living up to expectations. And guess what? He just lost again to his former subservient teammate, the former Michael Mcguillcutty, Curtis Axel. Barrett cannot leave Chicago with the IC Title. Speaking of Axel, he was just all of a sudden thrown in there at the last minute with no plausible explanation. Ho hum. Meanwhile, Miz is still here and annoys me to the bitter end. Can't he just stick to commentating? Both the Miz and Barrett were the last two to hold the IC Title, therefore it would only make sense to have Axel claim his first major title.

Winner: Curtis Axel

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

Now here is where things start to get interesting. So one day Y2J randomly decides to ask where CM Punk is and calls him out. If this was about him losing twice to him last year at Extreme Rules and WrestleMania, I'd say that's quite a long time to hold a grudge. Meanwhile CM Punk has been spending his free time on twitter, and seeing his Chicago Blackhawks with his girlfriend, former Women's Champion Lita. He also said that he hates wrestling. Yep. He hates wrestling. Anyways, I don't see Punk trolling his hometown fans and i expect him to receive a monumental pop. But here is what i think is going to go down. Punk has been out for at least two months now. Lots of time thinking and I am sure he has done a lot of soul-searching (not really), but i think we are going to see Jericho turn heel. I think it is a huge possibility. I believe Heyman will screw Punk, growing the seeds for Punk vs Lesnar at Summerslam. Oh yes. Meanwhile, I'm not sure what it will do for Jericho considering he will not be available for Summerslam due to his Fozzy obligations. As much as I'd hate to see Punk turn so soon, it has felt like an eternity since he turned, i believe this is the direction he is going to go. Well, anyways, i think we could see WWE throwing a swerve and giving Jericho an unfair pinfall. But, anything is subject to change.

Winner: Chris Jericho

AJ vs Kaitlyn - Divas Title

AJ and Kaitlyn has been in one of the greatest feuds of all time and everyone in Chicago is going too, okay my bad. So Big E comes out with chocolates and flowers and throws down Kaitlyn in what has been a two month mystery of a secret admirer. Well, it's better than Hornswoggle. Meanwhile, AJ has been in Kaitlyn's mind, reducing her and absolutely destroying her on the mic on RAW. Kaitlyn doesn't seemed pleased, especially by her attack on Rosa Mendes recently. Kaitlyn is going to retain and we are all going to be a bunch of happy people. Don't be surprised if AJ gets the upset tho.

Winner: Kaitlyn

John Cena vs Ryback - Three Stages of Hell

Let's get this straight. John Cena will never lose these types of matches. I mean John Cena lose in an ambulance match? What? Really? (The Miz's voice). John Cena, I believe, according to the rules, should have lost the title at Extreme Rules but because of the referee all of a sudden being concerned for his safety, he stopped counting. Right. He was concerned for Cena's safety in a last man standing match. Wasn't he the same ref that counted Cena out in a last man standing match vs Edge at Backlash in 2009 when Show chokeslammed him to a projector and he exploded? WWE logic. Anyway, enough of my babbling. Ryback is furious and has been powerbombing people through tables and sending people through ambulances. It's a shame that it won't mean a thing when he gets sent to the ambulance. In a normal pinfall match, I see Ryback, somehow, winning. In the second match, I see Cena winning the tables match and then the subsequent Ambulance match. I just think that they have shown Ryback strong with tables in the past couple of weeks but he will dissapoint. This match will be very slow-paced and uninspiring. But Cena will find his superpowers, "overcome the odds" and leave Chi-town with the Pinfall. I just want this feud, personally, to be over. Very boring if you ask me.

Winner: John Cena

Submit "2013 Payback Predictions" to Digg Submit "2013 Payback Predictions" to del.icio.us Submit "2013 Payback Predictions" to StumbleUpon Submit "2013 Payback Predictions" to Google

Comments

Thanks for taking the time to write an ACTUAL predictions card. That being said, your predictions were pretty decent . Someone on the forums commented on the Ryback/Cena match; Cena winning both matches 1 and 2, Ryback snapping and destroying Cena, sending him home in the ambulance. Allowing Ryback to still look like a dominate force.

Nice read.
    This seems like the direction the wwe will go with the winners except for the punk match .. I dis agree about the jericho heel turn for the sole reason if they turn hinm heel and he's not around it would be a waste of time in my opinion ... But I do see some sort of swerve coming .. Gd prediction card bro what's you're thoughts on bringing back the king of the ring ppv over MITB ppv
    Am I the only one who sees punk no-showing? Why would they hype his appearing in chicago and building this "feud" without him being there?
    You would continue Punk's losing streak on ppv in 2013? Not me!!

AJ wins....agree with the rest.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.