View RSS Feed

ProjectZer0

Tag Team Revolution

Rate this Entry
Hi Everyone! I've only recently joined after reading for quite a while and this is my first ever thread. Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

While watching Batman & Robin (nothing else on tv) I had an idea that could possible kick start the new era of tag teams. The WWE has an annual PPV coming up which in recent years has become a very promoted, and for most of us a must buy event. I'm refering to WWE Money in the Bank.

As we all know there are two Mitb matches which I believe should remain, however one of them should become exclusive for tag teams. The other would revert back to the original rules (both WWE and World championships). The premise would stay the same with tag teams having one year from the PPV to cash in on the tag team champions. The match itself should involve 4-5 teams.

This would be the perfect way to reinvigorate the tag team division and I believe it would also bring importance and value back to that championship if it were a highly contested and under threat. There are plenty of teams within the company that could make this match an annual spectacle. It can also be used to kick start new tag teams in the future as well as the random tag teams the WWE tend to create which could benefit superstars that have no current story (JTG, Yoshi, Riley).

Current and future(*) tag teams that could benefit:

- The Usos
- The Primetime Players
- Primo & Epico
- Tons of Funk
- 3MB
- Team Rhodes Scholars
- Hunico & Camacho
- Hawkins & Ryder*
- Wyatt Family*
- Jackson & Ryan*
- International Airstrike*
- Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara*

With the Shield (Reigns & Rollins) the current Tag Team Champions, and the way they are currently booked it seems no possible team can defeat them. This match can can provide a way for them to eventually lose the titles while also remaining strong if they were forced to defend the titles twice in one night. It would also be give another option for future super teams (e.g Sheamus & Orton, Show & Henry*) to lose their titles if they were to win them.

Thank you for those that took the time to read and I hope you enjoyed it.

Submit "Tag Team Revolution" to Digg Submit "Tag Team Revolution" to del.icio.us Submit "Tag Team Revolution" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tag Team Revolution" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    this is a great idea.. i mean one of the best matches ever in wwe was the first ever tlc
    tons of funk on a ladder, I am going to call my momma
    Great idea and well thought out, but the titles still have a ways to go before restoring their values. Plus, it would actually detract from the ppv in my opinion.
    Don't forget about Neville and Grey.
    Gd idea and I agree with the guy who mentioned pac( neville ) guy is amazing
    Absolutely love the idea.
    I don't see why they just don't have a tournament yearly where the winners face tag team champions instead of doing a crazy ladder match with probably about 20 wrestlers out there. Do it for like a ppv that has no real gimmick like Payback or something.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.