View RSS Feed

SierraHotelIndiaEchoLimaD

Sting vs Undertaker Wrestlemania XXX

Rate this Entry
Over the years one of the only matches to have never happened has been one of the most wanted, The Undertaker vs Sting. I personally have wanted to see them wrestle time and time again and have never gotten the opportunity to see it.

I thought for sure when McMahon bought out WCW that we'd eventually see it but it never happened. Over the past few years Sting has signed a 1 year deal with TNA each year and just like every other year that has passed as time comes closer to Stings contract expiring the rumors go flying. Hell I was convinced the year before last that we actually might see the match happen but once again Sting signed with TNA.

Let me go ahead and for the record state, The Undertaker vs Sting will NEVER happen. I think Sting at his age now and WWE's gruesome schedule traveling wouldn't want to do it. However over the past two years WWE has been signing guys to part time contracts to help with the ratings. If WWE ever signed Sting this would be the kind of contract you'd see him with.

He would show up and work PPV's like Summerslam, Survivor Series, Possibly the Royal Rumble & certainly Wrestlemania.

With that being said if The Undertaker vs Sting were to ever happen the last chance for it ever happening will be Wrestlemania XXX. I personally believe NOW that the match wouldn't live up to the hype seeing that The Undertaker looks as if he has been undergoing chemo treatments, he looked horrible to me and it age is certainly catching up to him. The Undertaker himself even admitted he "didn't have much left in the tank".

I think for his age Sting is still in good shape, not what he was in the late 90's but I think he can still hold is own fairly well in the ring.

The Undertaker vs Sting should have happened 10 years ago if it was going to happen but it hasn't. I would still like to have said as a avid wrestling fan that "I have seen The Undertaker vs Sting" in a match.

If it's ever going to happen it's got to happen at Wrestlemania XXX for it to be half way acceptable, when both men are capable of walking to the ring much less wrestling a 10 -20 minute match. If the match ever took place after Wrestlemania XXX, I wouldn't want to pay money for it that's for sure.

Submit "Sting vs Undertaker Wrestlemania XXX" to Digg Submit "Sting vs Undertaker Wrestlemania XXX" to del.icio.us Submit "Sting vs Undertaker Wrestlemania XXX" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sting vs Undertaker Wrestlemania XXX" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I just think this match is such an over rated fantasy. personally and i know a lot of people are going to hate me saying this i would love to see rock vs taker. I know rock isn't as good as he used to be and neither is taker but still i think this could be a show stealer. A retirement match for both and it is a fitting of an event as big as mania 30. It writes itself, rock has done everything except beat taker at mania to become the greatest of all time (similar to match against scsa at wm19). These two have put on great matches before. Remember no way out 2002 and the classic triple threat with angle at vengence 2002. as much as a rock fan as i am i also hope this match doesn't happen to protect the rock. I believe taker should retire undefeated but it would be quite damaging to rock to take a loss as he is in that elite class of the greatest of all time which includes very few names including taker, bret hart and scsa. So he should be left out for the wwe universe to ponder what if...?

Posible opponents id like to c taker face but this has to be his last wm are:

Lesner- beast vs dead man - writes itself
    y2j - if any1 remembers these 2s mathches in the past they could possibly top or mathc the hbk matches
    cena - superman vs deadman. again similar to rock done everything but can the deadmun put down super cena for the 123?

I think if cena is champ or any of the others at the time this would be fitting for taker to win and retire as wwe champ as a reward for his hard work.

and finally i would love to c d bryan vs taker. this could be one last epic match and with d bryan so over atm a match with taker at mania could solidify him as the next face of the company.

I know this one wouldn't happen cos this guy is likely to retire in tna but

angle vs taker. if any1 remembers no way out 06 that was suppose to happen wm22 but now with 8 years more experience imagine the clinic these two could put on. again like with the rock both retire,
    Would this coversation ever happen if Sting didn't go with The Crow gimmick as a loner in WCW during the NWO days?
    No offense but after you write Sting-Taker will Never happen half way into the blog, you have pretty much negated the second half of the blog where u go on to give hypothetical storylines that you've already said won't happen.
    It would be a really slow terrible match ... I hope 1 day we see angle v bryan at mania
    I agree with the above comments just because they were kinda similar back in the day i never really thought this as a dream match personally. at this age taker should go out with a bang idk who it should be but something epic and then it;s over because i love taker always have but IMO i don't think that taker vs punk should have happened he looked horrible 20-0 was fine no need for 22-0 his legacy is set in stone always has been
    So people want to see the character of Sting take on the character of The Undertaker.
    When Mark wrestled Steve back in WCW, they didn't really have that great of matches.
    Now they are even older (Sting) and apparently almost done for (Taker).
    They wouldn't put on that good of a match now either, but I guess they could probably go 10 min before one was carried out of the ring.
    Yeah he also made Kane tap out in 5 mins in WCW.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.