View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE's Current Tag Team Division

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. Welcomee to another edition of Double O. I am Ozfan. And I will be sharing with you today on my opinion on what to do with the current Tag Team division.

First of all, I would like to tell you about the three handpicked teams I would like to see win the Tag Team Titles...

[B]No. 3 - Rhodes Scholars[/B]
Rhodes & Sandow would make great heel tag champions. If they were to the win the gold, I predict that they would have a pretty decent reign. Say 4-5 months?

[B]No. 2 - Tons of Funk[/B]
I don't know why but WWE built both Brodus Clay and Tensai as big, bad and dominant guys. But since then, they have both been going down, especially Tensai. If they are both to win gold in WWE, it should be the tag titles. And that way, they can be dominant TOGETHER.

[B]No. 1 - The Usos[/B]
No brainer right here...The Usos are one of the best tag teams in WWE today. They came up with Tamina in 2010 and their debut involved them as a fresh new heel tag team who attacked the Tag Team Champions. Since then, they haven't really done much. They've been overlooked for far too long. They NEED to win the Tag Team Championships...a couple of times...

Secondly, these are some tag teams I would like to see formed or reformed. Even just for a little bit as a tryout or tag teams to take on The Shield and give them competition.

[B]The Miz and R-Truth (reform)[/B]
R-Truth has been overlooked for too long as well and Miz seems to be going down in the rankings again. To keep them fresh, I think that they could get involved in a short reformation storyline to take on The Shield.

[B]Team name: [/B]Awesome Truth

[B]Chris Jericho and CM Punk[/B]
I know what some of you are thinking. They have a match at WWE Payback but that would be the perfect set up. They have a great match, near 5 stars, shake hands and then Punk turns face again (which is what WWE have wanted for a while) and they team up to face The Shield.

[B]Team name: [/B]The Best Tag Team in the World

[B]Sheamus and Randy Orton[/B]

Another short term storyline just to take on The Shield. I think Orton should at least get one shot at the WWE Tag Team Championship in his career (excluding the WORLD Tag Team title reign he had in 2006). The same goes for Sheamus. Shemus has won the WWE, World Heavyweight and United States Championships. It would be good to see his career have a bit of a tag team run.

[B]Team name:[/B] None. Since this is only a short storyline.

[B]Titus O'Neil, Ezekiel Jackson and Big E Langston[/B]
Personally....I really want to see his happen. I reckon these guys would be a perfect unit. Not only are they all big and dominant (no puns intended) but they also have experience in the tag division and teaming with skinny, showoff idiots with stupid dance moves (Jackson & Brian Kendrick, Langston & Dolph Ziggler and Titus and Darren Young). Titus would be the leader, while Jackson and Langston tag team. They could be the modern day 'Nation of Domination' (again...no pun intended).

[B]Team name: [/B]The Domination Crew

[B]Other tag teams:[/B]
- Kofi Kingston and Christian
- Antonio Cesaro and Wade Barrett
- Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins (reform)
- Daniel Bryan and John Cena
- Mark Henry and Big Show

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THAT! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. LEAVE YOUR OWN OPINIONS BELOW IN THE COMMENT SECTION BUT PLEASE...NO HATE!

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE's Current Tag Team Division" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE's Current Tag Team Division" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE's Current Tag Team Division" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - WWE's Current Tag Team Division" to Google

Tags: tag team
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Let me first say, I like the idea of this blog. Am I the only one on earth that loves to do PTPs dance? Where dey at? They should be da tag team champions. LOL! Same with Rhodes-Scholars. Why in the hell do you got Ton's of Funk ahead of these teams? In my eyes they are ahead of the Usos. Usos don't entertain me like these teams. They certainly are a contender, but shouldn't be tag champs over PTPs or Rhodes-Scholars. I don't even know if they are still a team half the time. Especially with Sandow having his own show feuding with Sheamus.

As far as your newly made teams, don't like them. I'd like to see R-Truth reform with one turning on the other instead of just being friends. Alex Riley and Miz back together would be cool this time with Riley turning on Miz.

Jericho/Punk really? Punk is like a top draw in WWE and you want to put him in the tag division? Jericho is here to put over singles talent as well.

Sheamus/Orton would be a nice team only if Randy turns on him during or after one of their matches.

The Big E's meaning Jackson and Langston would be cool. I like that duo!!

Ryder/Hawkins should be put back together.

Del Rio/R-Rod team would be cool. Don't forget the Colons.

How about Swagger and Cesaro instead?Both pretty much anti-American.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Let me first say, I like the idea of this blog. Am I the only one on earth that loves to do PTPs dance? Where dey at? They should be da tag team champions. LOL! Same with Rhodes-Scholars. Why in the hell do you got Ton's of Funk ahead of these teams? In my eyes they are ahead of the Usos. Usos don't entertain me like these teams. They certainly are a contender, but shouldn't be tag champs over PTPs or Rhodes-Scholars. I don't even know if they are still a team half the time. Especially with Sandow having his own show feuding with Sheamus.

As far as your newly made teams, don't like them. I'd like to see R-Truth reform with one turning on the other instead of just being friends. Alex Riley and Miz back together would be cool this time with Riley turning on Miz.

Jericho/Punk really? Punk is like a top draw in WWE and you want to put him in the tag division? Jericho is here to put over singles talent as well.

Sheamus/Orton would be a nice team only if Randy turns on him during or after one of their matches.

The Big E's meaning Jackson and Langston would be cool. I like that duo!!

Ryder/Hawkins should be put back together.

Del Rio/R-Rod team would be cool. Don't forget the Colons.

How about Swagger and Cesaro instead?Both pretty much anti-American.
    I disagree with your point on CM Punk. There are tons of possibilities with having one of the company's top draws in the tag division. Back 90s and 2000s, we saw Rock and Sock, Brothers Of Destruction, The Power Trip, and even some thrown together tag teams like Rock and Jericho (alliance), Undertaker and Big Show, and you could even throw team Hell No in there. What does that say for Rated-RKO and DX. Not to mention having a main eventer in the tag division would be a great way to help put over an up and coming tag team without ruining the credibility of the singles wrestler.

On a side note: I enjoyed the blog, and I agree with the Usos winning the championships. My only complaint is tons of funk. I don't get that one at all. Good job!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.