View RSS Feed

Lucas Chapel

My Personal Wrestlemania xXx

Rate this Entry
Ok first thing's first. This is my dream Wrestlemania line-up and it's perfect for me. I completely understand that a lot of people would hate my booking, but I felt like sharing as a lot of people have shared theirs recently.
It's on the premise that WWE can hire anyone they want despite other commitments (say TNA for instance) and everyone involved is healthy and medically cleared to compete. The show would be longer than usual with all the pyro and ott stage shows and entrances you'd expect at the biggest wrestling show of all time.
Ok here's my personal dream Wrestlemania card:

Battle Royal for Cruiserweight Championship:
Sammy Zyane vs Sin Cara vs Tyson Kidd vs Justin Gabriel vs Hunico vs Primo vs Epico vs Yoshi Tatsu vs Curt Hawkins vs Fandango vs Rey Mysterio vs Adrian Neville vs Xavier Woods vs Funaki vs Shame Helms vs Dean Malenko vs Ritchie Steamboat vs Grandmaster Sexay vs Billy Kidman vs Essa Rios vs Tajiri vs Ultimo Dragon vs Lance Storm
I've included some up-and-coming cruiserweights aswell as stars of the past. The show opener is a Pinfalls/ Submission only Battle Royal. The key in this match is that everyone gets at least one big spot. I'd have a runtime of 20 minutes, with most of the older guys being eliminated first. I'd book the final 3 to be Kidd, Zaine and Sin Cara, with Sammy Zaine (sp?) eventually winning the match; being crowned the brand new WWE Cruiserweight Champion! Runtime 20 minutes. Backstage promos from Santino Marella, Mick Foley, Goldust, David Otunga, 3MB, R-Truth and Alex Riley.
These would all be spread out throughout the entire night. Mainly to get guys on-screen who I haven't booked in maches. Wrestlemania 28 did this really well.

Sheamus vs Randy Orton
Gets two big superstars on the card right near the beginning of the show to keep viewers. I'd have Orton turn heel around Survivor Series and enter a personal feud with his former friend Sheamus. After several months' build up, this match would be the big pay-off with Orton coming out on-top. Runtime 20 minutes.

MMA Match:
Brock Lesnar vs Alberto Del Rio
Lesnar is someone who would work perfectly with Del Rio's MMA background which doesn't get shown enough on TV. I'd have this be extremely technical with various kicks and strikes from both wrestlers. I'd have them trade several submission holds before Lesnar wins with the Kumara Lock after Ricardo throws in the towel for ADR. After the match Heyman cuts a backstage promo on how Lesnar has been mistreated by WWE for billing so low on the card; tonight everyone will learn why Brock Lesnar is WWE's headline wrestler... Runtime 15 minutes.Tag Championship:
Rhodes Scholars vs Prime Time Players (C) vs The Usos vs The New Age Outlaws vs The Wyatt Family vs The Kings Of Wrestling
Another elimination match (a personal favourite of mine!), eventually I'd have Team Rhode Scholars leave with the straps. Standard tag team elimination match with NAO being eliminated first. It's a 12 man match; so we won't get to see every single wrestle shine, but the emphasis will be on Rhodes Scholars, KOR and PTP. Runtime 17 minutes.Christian vs The Bigshow
I'd have this one being built up since the Royal Rumble, with Christian finally beating Bishow. Remember it was Bigshow who injured Christian a while ago and nothing ever became of the angle. Have a spot when Christian kicks out of a monstrous chokeslam; reverses a Final Cut into an KillSwitch. This would lead into a main event push for Christian post Wrestlemania.

Bret Hart vs Hulk Hogan
Ok ok ok. I know what you're thinking. And you're right. 20 years too late. And I honestly don't care. I'd rather see this match happen with both men out-of-shape and in their current state then never happen at all! It would be trading punches, wristlocks, headlocks, nerve holds; with Bret eventually getting the victory. The worst thing is, I'd like to see a rematch with Hogan getting the win back. I know I suck, but it's what I want to see. The promos leading up to this would be ace. Runtime 6 minutes.
The Shield vs Miz, Triple H and Kane (with Ric Flair)
At Survivor Series prior, I'd have The Shield savagely beat Ric Flair to a pulp; causing his friends Miz and Triple H to come to his aid. This leads to a series of one-on-one matches involving the Shield and Miz/ Triple H with both sides trading victories. In the build up to Wrestlemania, the feud has got personal, with The Shield invading Triple H's home simular to how HHH did to Orton a few year's back. The match would have The Sheild win by pinning Triple H after a triple powerbomb. Afterwards The Shield celebrate in the ring and cut a promo on how there will never be anyone who can stand in their way... Runtime 18 minutes.

Chris Jericho vs Curtis Axel
Have a personal feud be built up simular to Jericho's feud with Fandango last year. They'd be a spot where Jericho does that thing where he jumps on the top turnbuckle but turns around and hits the other opponent on the apron (in this case Paul Heyman) I'd have Jericho kick out of all of Axel's attempts; Jericho mails the CodeBreaker and LionSault, only for Axel to kick out. Axel hits a hudge clotheline to the back of the head, neckbreaker and modified PerfectPlex. Jericho kicks out, shocking Axel; as Axel screams at the referee, Jericho pulls the BreakDown out and locks in the Walls for the victory. After the match Axel assults Jericho causing the likes of Arn Anderson, Finlay, Jamie Noble etc to come out to try and pull Axel off of Jericho's unconscious body. Runtime 25 minutes.

Bo Dallas vs Bray Wyatt
I really like both wrestlers; it's my dream Wrestlemania; so it's going on the bill! Being brothers they obviously know each other so well; so could put on a really good match. Could be a bit of a surprise show stealer. Runtime 8 minutes.Mark Henry vs Big E Langston
Standard bigman match. Power moves all the way with Big E winning with a giant Big Ending. Runtime 8 minutes.
Intercontinental Championship
Evan Bourne vs Ted DiBiase vs Kofi Kingston (c)
I'd try and showcase each wrestler as best as possible, show off as many moves from their movesets as possible. This isn't a "tell the story" match, it's another high spot match. Evan Bourne would be the eventual winner; with Kofi refusing to shake his hand leading to the long awaited heel turn after WM...

Divas:
Paige vs Kaitlyn (C)
Standard Divas match. Kaitlyn retains.

Tonnes Of Funk babyface segment.
Popular with the kids. Need a bit of a toilet break. Runtime 5 minutes.

Vince McMahon & Mason Ryan vs Bruno Sammartino & Ryback
Build up writes itself. McMahon and Sammartino hate each other in a feud; after Vince challenges Bruno to a match on RAW and gets a cheeky roll up win, we get this match at Wrestlemania with both men having a younger wrestler on their side to avoid the older men being in the ring. Match ends with Bruno getting Vince to submit to the bearhug. I know it's another car crash match, but I'm the guy who enjoyed Sting vs Hogan at BFG a couple of years ago!
Shawn Michaels vs The Rock
Another one I've dreamed of since I was a kid. I'd have HBK get a victory over The Rock at Royal Rumble (in a stipulation where the winner becomes a WWE Executive; gaining power in WWE). The big rematch at Wrestlemania would be a similar match to the one Rock has with Austin at WM28. Rock gets the big win and both men shake hands after the match.

CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
The match we've all wanted to see. Start building around SummerSlam mand have a tag team match at the December PPV with Austin getting the pinfall on Punk after a Stunner. At Wrestlemania we get both wrestlers giving it 100%, both trading their signature moves whilst telling the story of past vs present.
Austin hits a Stunner on Punk, only for Lesnar to come in an hit the F5 to Austin, allowing Punk to hit the GTS. Team Heyman celebrate. Fans boo with displeasure at the "WCW-Like" finish. Runtime 30 minutes.
World:Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler (C)
The show stealer. This is going to be the wrestling clinic with pretty much everything you've ever imagined taking place in one match. Plenty of Dragon Suplexes, Tiger Drivers, Oscar Street Cutters and moves we haven't seen in a long time. Bryan kicks out of a top turnbuckle ZigZag and hits the Cattle Mutilation to win the World Championship! Runtime 40 minutes.The Undertaker vs Sting
Again another dream match of time. Undertaker picks up the victory following a Tombstone. I don't need to go into any detail because you all know how the match would look. Both men look strong and shake hands after the match. After Sting says in an interview that he isn't done with the Deadman.
Brock Lesnar and Heyman are seen watching this match on their screen in Lesnar's dressing room. The audience see this during the mach on the pop-up promo window, teasing a Taker - Lesnar feud post Mania. Runtime 15 minutes.
WWE:
John Cena (C) vs Wade Barrett
This would be a real "slobber knocker" as JR would say, hard hitting power moves with both men's ability being brought to the table. Trades of various big moves. Ends with Wade kicking out of an AA and hitting the Ball Hammer to Cena. PPV goes off air with Wade Barrett celebrating with the WWE Championship.

Submit "My Personal Wrestlemania xXx" to Digg Submit "My Personal Wrestlemania xXx" to del.icio.us Submit "My Personal Wrestlemania xXx" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Personal Wrestlemania xXx" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A+ for creativity
    How long are your matches gonna be, 5 minutes each probably less due to the ridiculous amount. Not only that, you have guys on Mania that have 0 business being on the card. Mason Ryan isn't on SD or Raw same with a lot of the guys. You are going to have Kaitlyn as the champion for over a year? Match placement is terrible....you think HBK or Austin will come out of retirement not to be in the last match on the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    How long are your matches gonna be, 5 minutes each probably less due to the ridiculous amoungt. Not only that, you have guys on Mania that have 0 business being on the card. Mason Ryan isn't on SD or Raw same with a lot of the guys. You are going to have Kaitlyn as the champion for over a year? Match placement is terrible....you think HBK or Austin will come out of retirement not to be in the last match on the card?
    Did a quick add up and definitely over 4hrs. Some matches didn't have a run time and mentioned promos through out, so at least 5 I would say.

As for guys on card that aren't right now, (Mason Ryan), lost of time to bring up. The bigger issue I think is does anyone really see Rhodes Scholars or Tons of Funk still together?!?

I like the idea of the Cruiserweight match, but guys like Maleko and Storm aren't going to come out of retirement for it. Plus too many guys for pin/submission. Have it over the top and maybe switch to pinfall/submission for the final four.

All in all, I don't agree with most matches, but if this is your dream card than all the power to you. Decent blog and keep them coming.
    I like your creativity with the matches. Two matches we never really got to see Hart v Hogan and Sting v Taker would be mind numbingly awesome. The rest of the card seems a little thrown together. Im not going to hate too much cause its your card and I get that, but all the other matches seem like they are random people put together just cause. Would love for Barrett to be main event ready by then.
    So HBK vs Rock at RR? Then a rematch at wm?

Austin returns in a tag match vs Punk in December, then a rematch at WM?

You have the 2 biggest stars come out of retirement for non WM ppvs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere

I hate WM returns, I much rather see the comebacks a few months before to get the build.
    They were considering doing Rock - CM Punk II at WM this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere

That's for the feedback!
    Some matches may seem a little thrown together, but there'd be plenty of slow-burning build from SummerSlam/ Survivor Series; so all the matches would be in context.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.