View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

My view: Top 5 positives and negatives of WWE

Rate this Entry
To start this blog out, I must say, I hate discussing the current state of WWE's product. It isn't that it is all bad or good. It is the responses you receive from ignorant fans who believe nothing in WWE is good. All you see is "PG era" what is wrong with WWE. How to fix WWE? Get all stressed out over it. Like some idiots come here and say "John Cena is what is wrong with WWE." For people who talk about PG and John Cena for the reasons as to why "WWE sucks"!! Isnt that the same reason the year before and the year before that? "We need TV-14 to have good wrestling" Really? You have not seen anything great in WWE since they have gone pg? Is there anything positive going on in WWE right now? If you say no to either question.....plz leave now!! WWE doesn't need to be "pg" to be a great wrestling program. Response: "Use all the same cliches". Well, WWE has their negatives certainly, but they also have postives. I'll focus on both today with this blog. After reading this blog, you will have learned something you ignoramous. "You're Welcome!"

Positives
1.Shield-new stable that everyone must tune in to see. The part of Raw you can't miss. 3 young new fresh faces all champions!! They have defeated the best WWE has had to offer. Never have this group lost to any 3 man trio. From their entrance, promos, to their great matches. The Shield is the best thing going in WWE right now. Anyone who can't see that obviously need their eyes checked. The intriguing factor is you know sooner or later the loss will come to the Shield because they all hold gold. Whoever does defeat them will be over as the crowd goes nuts!! Enjoy this stable as it lasts because you'll likely be complaining about 1, 2, or all 3 of the guys not being used properly when they eventually break up. Don't believe it will happen? Look how it turned out for Legacy members Dibiase and Cody Rhodes. Neither was on the biggest stage of them all, WM nor on Extreme Rules ppv(pre-show Cody was).
2.Daniel Bryan-I would argue with anyone that I believe Bryan now gets stronger chants from the crowd than anyone on the roster. Daniel Bryan is arguably the best in the WWE right now having great matches week after week after week. The fans from his promos, entrance, to his matches.....he has the fans in the palm of his hands. The fans are standing and chanting every time Bryan is on their TV screen. Bryan should be getting a world/WWE title match some time this summer.
3.Dolph Ziggler, AJ, Big E-Even though he hasn't been on tv, you gotta love this trio. The tease factor is there with top heel Dolph Ziggler and Big E. When is Big E gonna turn on Dolph. A lot of teases from AJ costing Big E some matches vs Del Rio to them kissing in front of him. When is Big E going to turn on Ziggler? AJ is of course the top diva in the biz and it is a shame she isn't the Divas champion.
4.Curtis Axel-What WWE has done with Curtis is great. Pairing him with Paul Heyman was genius way to get back on track of his career. Endorsements from everyone at every corner. Victories over the likes of HHH and John Cena in the main event of Raw. Yea, the main event of WWE's flagship show. This young gun is getting a push be it pinfalls or countouts. Yes, I want Curtis Axel to be the next IC champion. Not Fandango!!
5.Usos new look and push-On Main event however long ago, Team Hell No was getting beat down by the Shield and all of a sudden....Usos come out to make the save. The most recent edition of Raw with the new face paint which of course is war paint is what they call it. Usos are finally getting a push they deserve. Do I expect them to beat the Shield for the tag titles? No, but it is cool to see them finally get that push after so long.

Negatives
1.Ryback turning heel-Ugh, I absolutely hate the way they have used Ryback. It has been a downward spiral of losses. Ever since Hell in a Cell, he has lost like every match. Has he beaten a legit WWE midcarder on a ppv? He hasn't won on ppv since the jobbers before HIAC. They have gave too much to Ryback so soon. It is just WWE title match after WWE title match along with all of them being losses except for the recent tie. As expected, Cena will beat him at Payback. Where does he go from there? Especially as a heel? I think the bigger payoff would have been face vs face. I loved me some "Feed me more!" not "Ryback Rules". Since the ppv match is the best out of 3 matches....what will this do to Ryback? He certainly shouldn't get a WWE or World title match for some time after all the times he has faced Punk and Cena. Ryback is mentioned in #4 here!
2.Wade Barrett IC title run-Who has Barrett beat? Who has he defeated? He first got his IC title shot back at TLC. He lost, than he won it on a TV match vs Kofi. He defeated Kofi. What happened after that? He got in a feud with some no name NXT dude who eliminated him in the Rumble. Never did end up having an IC title match vs him. I do however believe he lost to him on Raw after the Rumble. Never did get his win back. He defeated Gabriel at Main Event. He lost his IC title to Miz at Mania only to win it back the next night? What was the point? These title reigns are worse than Santino's back in the day. Payback he is suppose to be defending his IC title in a triple threat match for the IC title. I expect Fandango to win and begin a feud with Miz afterwards. Barrett than goes on to MITB to win a briefcase....just terrible IC title reigns!
3.Remember Divas title?-Yea, there is a Divas title that is never defended on ppv. In yet, we want there to be prestige? If AJ and Kaitlyn can't get booked on a ppv card....don't know what will since AJ is the most over Diva in the company. Why keep holding it off....just give AJ the belt already. A divas match vs how long it takes a person to read a paragraph. I bet it takes you more time than the Divas get on Raw or SD for matches.
4.Use of Mark Henry-Injured? All that time it took to get built back up and you walk away. No match result was more shocking to me than Mark Henry defeating Ryback at Mania. Arn't we suppose to be putting over the young talent? Like Henry is going to last....than he gets beat by Sheamus who has already had his world title runs? I mean, I don't get it at all. Not only that, but instead of Henry facing John Cena at Extreme Rules....Ryback gets that oppurtunity? It makes 0 sense since he lost to him on the biggest stage of them all at the last ppv. ugh.......sucks!
5.Cesaro US title reign-I don't understand why some people do not like Cesaro. I did, I enjoyed a lot of his segments, matches, among other things he did. I thought he was entertaining. I loved the tours that was posted on WWEs youtube page. That long reign didn't have a payoff. He was off Mania, why? Having him lose at Mania would have gave a moment for the other guy. I'd rather have had 2 matches on the preshow than a bunch of promos that I've seen over a dozen times. Hell, that is all Smackdown was virtually before Mania. Why Kofi beat him? Only to lose it in a short time period? It didn't get Kofi over, didn't help Cesaro, what was the point of the whole title reign? I'm glad Ambrose is US champion, but that is one of the reasons the midcard titles lost prestige. If they arn't defended on ppv, they mean nothing. That is where all the big matches take place apparently.

In closing thoughts about critics after this blog: I must first say, that critics out there will say I'm more of a TNA hater than WWE's because I've lean toward the focus of the positives for the WWE and TNA's the negatives. The reason for that is because common theme from what I've seen is "everyone craps on WWE" while "everyone praises TNA for their shows". That is the reason for this. The wisdom I shared here should be shared with the rest of the IWC. PG can't possibly be the reason for WWE being bad because there is greatness on the tv screen. Whether you are fan of Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, or the Shield. You can't deny how great they are. "You're Welcome!"

There you have it! The positives and negatives of WWE currently. What do you think are the positives and negatives in WWE right now? Do you agree or disagree with mine? Leave that in the comment section and more. Thanks for reading!

Blogs coming up(subject to change):
Booking Challenge: TNA BFG series/WWE MITB 2013
Top 10 King of the Ring moments
Superstar: Hulk Hogan
My view: Why King of the Ring should return!

Submit "My view: Top 5 positives and negatives of WWE" to Digg Submit "My view: Top 5 positives and negatives of WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "My view: Top 5 positives and negatives of WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "My view: Top 5 positives and negatives of WWE" to Google

Updated 06-05-2013 at 10:33 PM by TheGreatOne (blogs coming up added)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Great job, i liked how you started this off. I do agree with you through and through there are a bunch of negatives and positives to the show and no matter what people are gonna hate and b****(i myself am guilty) slightly anyways there is a lot of potential to these men i for one think they should cut down on the repeat matches and promos and spend the time really building up the proper superstars seasoned and new talent . it doesn't matter whether we are in the PG era or not the product could still be good if done properly but everyone is gonna have there own opinion about what is good or proper. No one thing or person is gonna "FIX THE COMPANY" and no one person is responsible for "bad TV" a little switching around this brand could be GOLDEN once again
    The thing about Cesaro's title run is that they gave him this massive push, but never pushed any faces to challenge him for the belt. The only credible opponents he had were main event tier guys. Miz had to STEP DOWN so that Cesaro would have a viable contender. It wasn't until they started to cool off on his push that Kofi was able to beat him. And it was Kofi simply because WWE won't push anyone else.

I feel as though Ambrose is doomed to the same fate. Ambrose is booked strong, but the belt will remain irrelevant because there are no credible midcard faces and the only people good enough to wrestle Ambrose are above the U.S. Title.
    Quote Originally Posted by TempestH
    The thing about Cesaro's title run is that they gave him this massive push, but never pushed any faces to challenge him for the belt. The only credible opponents he had were main event tier guys. Miz had to STEP DOWN so that Cesaro would have a viable contender. It wasn't until they started to cool off on his push that Kofi was able to beat him. And it was Kofi simply because WWE won't push anyone else.

I feel as though Ambrose is doomed to the same fate. Ambrose is booked strong, but the belt will remain irrelevant because there are no credible midcard faces and the only people good enough to wrestle Ambrose are above the U.S. Title.
    Exactly, I was hoping for maybe Swagger to start off his run by defeating Cesaro for the US title being the All-American American as a face for a while.I think Cesaro is good though and could be great. He just faced a bunch of jobbers as you said during that reign. He always faced top main event guys and lost on RAW/SD every week. None challenging for the belt. How many losses does one guy need against Sheamus/Orton.
    Quote Originally Posted by BECCA_IS_AWESOME
    Great job, i liked how you started this off. I do agree with you through and through there are a bunch of negatives and positives to the show and no matter what people are gonna hate and b****(i myself am guilty) slightly anyways there is a lot of potential to these men i for one think they should cut down on the repeat matches and promos and spend the time really building up the proper superstars seasoned and new talent . it doesn't matter whether we are in the PG era or not the product could still be good if done properly but everyone is gonna have there own opinion about what is good or proper. No one thing or person is gonna "FIX THE COMPANY" and no one person is responsible for "bad TV" a little switching around this brand could be GOLDEN once again
    Got in some heated discussions in the blog world just recently which really got me going to start the blog. I appreciate the comment. Thanks for reading.
    Great blog! I agree with just about everything your saying. The Shield and Bryan are the two best things WWE has right now. They put gold on the Shield, time to do the same for Bryan. I think Axel is very close to being a negative. I love that hes getting a push and the paring with Heyman only helps his cause, but he hasnt shown me much to get excited about, except for the Heyman connection. I hope he gets built up the right way and not shoot straight to the top to fizzle out. Speaking of fizzling out, whats the deal with Ryback? I dont get the point in building him up to be a beast and then lose every PPV hes in. Seriously, if he doesnt get the belt at Payback (which he def wont after reports of Bryan/Cena match) then hes lost with nowhere to go but Del Rio/Swagger/Cesaro/Miz/Barret territory. And I think you forgot one huge omission in the negatives...SHEAMUS! His character is just so out of synch right now its really laughable. His jokes, his demeanor, and his general lack of direction have him trending down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Roads
    Great blog! I agree with just about everything your saying. The Shield and Bryan are the two best things WWE has right now. They put gold on the Shield, time to do the same for Bryan. I think Axel is very close to being a negative. I love that hes getting a push and the paring with Heyman only helps his cause, but he hasnt shown me much to get excited about, except for the Heyman connection. I hope he gets built up the right way and not shoot straight to the top to fizzle out. Speaking of fizzling out, whats the deal with Ryback? I dont get the point in building him up to be a beast and then lose every PPV hes in. Seriously, if he doesnt get the belt at Payback (which he def wont after reports of Bryan/Cena match) then hes lost with nowhere to go but Del Rio/Swagger/Cesaro/Miz/Barret territory. And I think you forgot one huge omission in the negatives...SHEAMUS! His character is just so out of synch right now its really laughable. His jokes, his demeanor, and his general lack of direction have him trending down.
    Sheamus is still winning every week though. I enjoyed the segments with Sandow to. One of my top 3 favs features Sandow. Glad he is finally getting a push as a singles star. Feel as if it was stalled because of cody rhodes.

As far as, Axel, WWE did a great job recreating him. Awesome name, music, and putting him with Heyman. In the main event of Raw every week vs future WWE hof'rs picking up the win granted by countout.....still a W for bragging rights.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.