View RSS Feed

RobVelcoff

New Tag Teams I'd Like to See

Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.
The tag team division, which received a nice push awhile back, has again floundered. The Shield aren't really a tag team, they're three guys who mostly wrestle in six-man action. Don't get me wrong, the Shield are great, and they should hold onto their respective titles for a long time. But I'd like to see some real teams, with real team gimics. These are not just two random guys thrown together, but actual team gimics with guys currently going nowhere. Anyway, here are some ideas.

1. The Pain and the Power. This is a heel team of JTG and Ezekiel Jackson. JTG is an excellent talker, and Jackson is underused. There can be vignettes on RAW/Smackdown/Main Event showing the words "The Pain and the Power" for a couple of weeks. Then, continue this with a voice over, with JTG saying "I bring the pain!" and Jackson saying "And I've got the power!" Don't show them yet, but do that for another couple of weeks as a build up. I've always liked teams with one big strong guy and one smaller quicker guy, and this team fits that bill. As a finishing move, Jackson can be in the ring squating (or on his knees) and holding the near-defeated opponent around the waist. He had just previously made the tag to JTG, who climbs to the top rope, yells "Downtown" (the name of the finisher), while giving the near-defeated opponent two thumbs down, then jumps off the top rope with a big knee onto the opponent's chest. JTG then covers the opponent for the pin while Jackson remains in the ring to block any interference.

2. 450. This is a face team of Justin Gabriel and Mason Ryan. Again, one big guy and one smaller guy, both underused. They meet in the gym with Ryan benchpressing a large amount of weights, and Gabriel asks him how much weight is on the bar. Ryan answers "450", which causes Gabriel to laugh because that's the name of his finishing move. They team up as a face team. As a finisher, Ryan picks up the near-beaten opponent, tags Gabriel while still holding him in the air, plants him with a British Bulldog type powerslam near their corner, and Gabriel hits the 450 splash for the win. I think this team and my "The Pain and the Power" team could have a great feud with some really good matches. A face manager might be good for this team because neither guy is much of a talker, but if they can develop any kind of team chemistry they could go a long way.

3. The Hot Jocks. This is a heel team with Alex Riley and Ted Dibiase doing a college jock gimic, two obnoxious guys wearing letter jackets and ruling the school. Maybe bring the new diva JoJo Offerman (or whatever her name is) to be their personal cheerleader (because she's not much of a wrestler), bouncing around outside the ring and shaking her pom-poms. They can call themselves "A-Ri" and "Ted Di", doing a lot of double team cheating moves, never winning clean, etc. Riley is a good talker, both come from athletic families, and both are due for a nice push. This type of gimic is easy for fans to hate, because most blue collar types (a/k/a/ wrestling fans) never liked the obnoxious jocks in high school and college and might have been a little jealous of them always getting everything handed to them. Their finishing move can be a double-team hot shot where they throw the near-defeated opponent off the ropes and both of them catch him with a double hot shot against the top rope. The double team ensures that this move can be used against some larger opponents.

4. Long Island Longshots. Face team of Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins. While not a new team, these former WWE tag teams champions desperately need to be repackaged. They worked well together in the past, Ryder still has a large fan base, and this could be a popular team. Their finisher can be a slingshot move called the "Longshot" where Hawkins slingshots the opponent into a Ryder dropkick for the win.

Along with some other teams, the tag team division can be great. The Wyatt family, who I assume with be a heel team, will be a great addition. The Prime Time Players desperately need a manager, maybe Alicia Fox, and they can be a top heel team. The Usos are getting a nice push as a face team, and Primo-Epico work equally well as either a heel or a face team (especially with the uber-hot Rosa Mendes as their manager!). So there can easily be 8-10 teams if you include the Shield and 3MB. Having actual teams that wrestle using specific team gimics, almost exclusively as tag teams, with tag team finishing moves, can really improve the division, and there are unused talents out there just waiting for their chance.

What do you guys think? Are these team ideas good? Do you have other team ideas of your own? Please share below. Thanx. Rob

Submit "New Tag Teams I'd Like to See" to Digg Submit "New Tag Teams I'd Like to See" to del.icio.us Submit "New Tag Teams I'd Like to See" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Tag Teams I'd Like to See" to Google

Updated 06-05-2013 at 01:53 PM by RobVelcoff

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like the Hawkins/Ryder team, managed by Edge, as the Rated R Superstars! Also Cody Rhodes with Curtis Axel...called Rhodes to Perfection, with taking less from the Axe and more from Curt. Dam Law, a cerebral, dressed down tag team like the Brisco Bros., made up of Damien Sandow and David Otunga, The Miz & Alex Riley, again, as Miz'd Opportunities...Alex blows his chances all the time and Miz has been champions, but always falters...the idea is that they rise and have chance after chance...lastly, I like the Freebird plan, made up of group to battle the Shield made up of Wade Barrett, Ryback and Justin Gabriel, led CM Punk ...called the Cult! This would come about after Ryback challenges for the US title and gets gang attacked...Gabriel gets beat down in Smackdown match after upsetting Rollins...to be chased off by Barrett. Barrett and Gabriel challenge for tag team titles and get "trio" banged. In a no DQ PPV, the Shield comes in 1st, then Barrett/Gabriel come out...no music...3rd partner yet to be announced! The old Nexus music starts up and morphs to a Nexus/NWO sound...interrupted and followed with "Cult of Personality" as Ryback comes out as the 3rd partner and Punk coming behind announcing it is "Clobbering Time"!
    Hot Jocks...LMFAO!
    Also...you don't need a Black guy with a Black guy because we all know what that's going to turn into. It'll limit them...and this is coming from a Black guy.

The same goes for having a foreigner with a foreigner. It's not creative.
    I have a feelin zack ryder and curt Hawkins will reunite as a tag team again
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.