View RSS Feed

Dusty Roads

Current Feuds That Need Some Juice

Rate this Entry
Lets take a look at a couple feuds that need a little more juice to be entertaining. Something seems to be missing, lets try to figure out what that is.

Sheamus vs Sandow
What’s the point of this anyway? This feud started a few weeks ago but it has ever really taken off. I think partly because the crowd could care less for either performer. Sheamus has hit a plateau lately where the fans aren’t really into him and the creative can’t find anything for him to do. And Sandow, while entertaining on the mic, has been a jobber for the past 6 months. The only way this feud can work is if they plan on putting Sandow over and starting a singles push. I think he would be the perfect guy to get a win over Sheamus and start going after the US belt. Sheamus has a good enough resume where a loss wont hurt him at all, and Sandow needs that signature win to catapult him into relevant mid-card status. Sadly, it looks to me like this is just another way to get Sheamus a win and keep Sandow as a jobber to the stars for now. I sure hope I’m wrong.

Wade Barrett vs The Miz

Well, this has been a clusterfuck hasn’t it? Barrett has been booked horribly since winning back his title the night after ‘mania, and Miz just looks lost with his character. Clearly his face turn hasn’t worked out and his prickish “really??!!” routine doesn’t quite work as a good guy. When these two are in the ring they look clumsy and out of rhythm. Not that we would know since each one gets maybe 3 minutes per Raw to show case their talents. Thank god Fandango has been put into this feud to try to salvage it. (And no, that wasn’t written sarcastically) It seems pretty obvious that creative has no faith in Barrett or Miz, so I see Fandango getting his shot as IC champ. I hope it works out for him too. Even though his character may have peaked, his talents should still be showcased.

Alberto Del Rio vs Big E
I guess you would have to call this a feud by default, since they have faced each other every Raw and Smackdown for 3 weeks straight. I had hoped that Big E would be built up as a monster (still is I guess) that couldn’t be beaten, but that went by the wayside pretty quickly thanks to Del Boro. He still has an aura about him that I like, and I see really big things for him on the future, but this feud is just treading water. Del Rio is just as boring and lost as a face as Miz is. He cant connect to the crowd, and the biggest reaction he gets is thanks to his announcer being able to say “ooh” for 10 seconds. If this mini-feud does continue Id like to see Big E come out on top and eventually break free and feud with Ziggler. A MITB win would do Big E a lot of good going forward, but sadly, losing to Del Rio will not.

Submit "Current Feuds That Need Some Juice" to Digg Submit "Current Feuds That Need Some Juice" to del.icio.us Submit "Current Feuds That Need Some Juice" to StumbleUpon Submit "Current Feuds That Need Some Juice" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kajmere, Id like to think that this would lead to a singles push for Sandow. I love his character, and Id like to see how it holds up in a top level feud. But for this to be considered a push, hes going to have to win, and I cant see Sheamus doing the job to him.
    I definetly agree, well, with all of these feuds. They are getting us nowhere. Personally, I wished WWE would of had Wade Barret feud with Chris Jericho for the IC Title, not the Miz.
    For Sheamus and Sandow, although funny with their segements, this is not really going anywhere. You are absolutely right when you say people are not behind any of these guys. Sheamus is like playing a video game on godmode. At first it is fun, but it gets old real quick when you don't have a challenge. And Sandow just has not been booked right for the past couple months to seem that way.
    Agree with sandow and ginger the silly games they play just take up time the fued could develop something well ... The miz is horrendous in my eyes EVERY match he goes at a snails pace and he makes barrett look bad remember the matches he and sheamus had they were match of the night quality now he gets a sloppy figure four and taps ??? Punk jericho will be best match at payback and I hope ryback wins the title from boring chops
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.