View RSS Feed

FellaMeep

WWE's eyes and ours.

Rate this Entry
Hey peeps and meeps, I'm FellaMeep and I'm here to talk about how the WWE see's wrestling and their talent, as well as how WE the watcher see's them.

Now this is gonna be a kinda brief blog, I hope you accept my opinions on it and I hope you enjoy the read. Thanks for reading

So right now, as far as I see, People be hating on WWE for things that we feel is not right. A prime example could be, like Antonio Cesaro not getting over, or CM Punk should be WWE champion again or We hate John Cena! I can see all points and views on all of it. But we all must understand. This is the WWE we're talking about. This isn't Ring of Honor were the Talent is over the gimmick, or TNA were popularity matters.

WWE likes to promote "Sports Entertainment" A thing created by Vince to separate his company from official sports industry. Now we can say, its a stupid term and it kinda is. But remember, its all about the entertainment that they put out, they don't care if The Great Khali can't speak English and can't wrestle to save his life. Hes in my opinion as entertaining as watching paint dry. I will admit, he is a dangerous guy, and being a heel would be great for him.

We also have to understand that Vince Hates Independent promotions. He hates TNA and ROH to name a few. This also goes true, for the talent in NXT and on current WWE TV shows. CM Punk, a favorite around the Indy scene at his time is one of the few WWE superstars to keep his gimmick name. Same slightly goes to Christopher Daniels, when he joined the WWF in a attempt to dethrone the Light Heavyweight champion at the time, Taka Michinoku. Vince doesn't trust the independent popularity of a wrestler. In our eyes, unmasking El Generico was the absolute worst thing they could've ever done, his gimmick was great and so is his wrestling ability. In Vince's eyes he agrees to a extent. He believes in their ability, but he wants to transform him into something probably better. Whats better? I don't know. We have to wait and see.

I want to take this time to say what would happen if TNA stars would join WWE and what would happen to them. Out of the entire TNA roster, Only 10 people I believe would be able to keep their name. Aces and 8's :P Sting and Kurt Angle. I don't include Hulk here because he doesn't "wrestle", and A.J Styles, I doubt he would but I don't think Vince trusts his name to be a seller. Even Austin Aries. While I believe he is one of the best around, you have to know, this is the WWE, and OUR opinions DON'T matter to them, all that matters is their entertainment. And to be fair, a name like Aries doesn't sound super sell able like something else.

To Vince, the Entertainment is what matters most and to us, we want wrestling, instead of wasted time. However I can definitely see that there are those who are trying to bring the wrestling back on top in WWE. A prime example could be Katelyn. Once a backdoor Diva in WWE, her ability is off the charts. We all feel and myself included that Diva matches are "piss breaks" however she wrestles like some of the good Knockouts on TNA. Hell I believe Katelyn would kick ass in TNA. Another example could be Antonio Cesaro. He wrestles amazingly however, what holds him back is that hes really stiff with his moves and he really can hurt people. While his moves are perhaps the most realistic we've seen in a while, he doesn't have enough safety that protects his opponents which in return now he has to feel the pain of losing almost every time. Daniel Bryan is perhaps the best Technical wrestler in the world at the moment, probably cutting it close to Kurt Angle, he has so much ability at the moment and really wrestles like a champ. EVENTUALLY and I know this, he will be a WWE champion. And he will hold it for a very long time.

And now we come to the point of, why do we hate certain wrestlers in WWE, Like The Miz, Ryback, Randy Orton and you guess'd it John Cena. I'll stick with these four for now, I'll talk about others in another blog.

Starting off is the Infamous Miz. Miz, starting back in Smackdown in 06, was a really cocky jerk. Initially built to be a lackey and a jobber to the real stars, The Miz held good charisma at the time, even the awesome "HOORA!" I liked that stupid thing lol. As time passed, we were clearly seeing WWE was making Miz out to be a real jobber, For a World title shot, Miz had to be the victim to The Undertaker. However The Miz did not BEAT the Undertaker in fact, it was a beat the clock challenge. After that The Miz lost to Taker the next week and was a well good tag partner for John Morrison. This was only to help hide Miz's flaws and it worked really well, for both of them. When Miz was drafted to RAW, his flaws began to show. He was losing his charisma, and nobody started to care. When Miz "left" and came back, I really think people wanted Eugene to be back and not Miz. Cause really, Eugene is more entertaining than Miz. Over that year, Miz won the title... Why? He should've been the guy to first lose the Money in the Bank. Not Cena. And this was a ploy for people to hate Miz more. And since turning face, nobody cares. And rightfully so. I don't like Miz, I like his song, but thats it.

Ryback, this is tough, I don't hate Ryback. I like how he is. I like how hes built. I don't see him as a Goldberg. I see him as a Man on a Mission. Ryback or Skip Sheffield is a really held back wrestler. He really doesn't have much, what he does have is shear power. Vince loves this in guys. In our eyes and its true, his talent isn't really there yet. But I don't hate him, I think hes been pushed way too fast. I can understand why they didn't let him "Naturally" grow, they didn't want him to become like a true Goldberg clone. I do not like how the feud with Ryback and John Cena is going. Cena has never "beaten" Ryback. Ryback rarely loses by fall. And fighting John Cena, a great brawler mind you, is like seeing two tanks fight infront of eachother. Exposes EVERYTHING bad about one and the other. However for Cena, he has other skills to match this, Ryback does not. And which I do know this feud will end without Ryback winning, not losing either. I know Cena will not have a 1 on 1 with Ryback. Cena will not lose to him, and Ryback losing a fall to Cena would be horrible for him. In the end, Ryback will never be good, he doesn't have the skill.

Now we have Randy. A person who was set for greatness, and Randy Orton is, well WAS that. Orton has become extremely dull. I can honestly say, hes one of those guys who needs a gimmick to survive. At the moment he has none. Back in 04 being the Legend Killer, he was really at his prime. Beating up legends and kicking ass AND looking good. And he only improved with age. Even becoming the youngest World Champion in history by beating one of the best in wrestling Chris Benoit. Following this it was slowly become bad for Orton. Being Drafted to Smackdown, there was only one legend on that show, and that was Taker. Fighting Taker helped Orton and kill Orton at the same time. Because after the feud and Taker came out on top, Orton kind of lost the Legend Killer trend. So he had to go back RAW. After a few years Orton got back up, and he was the Apex Predator with Legacy. Worked well for both him and Cody, but not Ted. Following, Orton had a Crazy gimmick, didn't work out so well, and now we have Randy Orton who is the same ol same ol. He's fine in the ring, but he needs a gimmick to survive in the world of the WWE. When he turns heel, I'm hoping he'll get somewhere again.

Finally we have John Cena. Now John is someone I DO hate, but I respect. He is not a wrestler no, he is a entertainer. That is who he is and I firmly believe we hate him because of it. He stands for everything we hate about the WWE and he does it so well. "Embrace the Hate". I gotta give Cena props, most guys in his shoes would crack under the pressure by now and explode in breaking walls. Cena is a tough S.O.B, but not invincible. As some guys in the WWE, Age helps them, thats not the case for Cena. His injury's are pilling and facing a guy like Ryback is too dangerous for him. Ryback's not as stiff as Cesaro, but he is stiff. To the point Ryback can really hurt Cena. And if so, Cena might have to take the "Edge Road" as I like to call it. Putting your life over your career. This sounds impossible, because its John "Superman" Cena. It is possible, and to the point WWE could lose their biggest draw. I do not count The Rock as big draw because he does not wrestle on a full time basis. Cena can protect himself, to a extent. He has limits all people do. He has some all round ability, but its mostly brawling. And reading my Ryback statement you could see why. At the end of the day, John Cena is everything WWE stands for. Entertainment first. Wrestling Second.

I hope you enjoyed my blog, I hope to do more, please leave a comment of your opinion, based off mine if you wish. And remember, this is all my opinion, not all of this is fact. Meep meep meep meep meep.

Submit "WWE's eyes and ours." to Digg Submit "WWE's eyes and ours." to del.icio.us Submit "WWE's eyes and ours." to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE's eyes and ours." to Google

Tags: roh, tna, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

So you are telling me, what WWE should do is focus on wrestling more and less on entertainment? Tell me how many women and kids go home to talk about wrestling matches? Tell me how many do you think rate them out of 5? There is a reason why they use the term small pond. WCW/NWA was no comparison to WWF before all the big stars went there. In the red every year even though they had great wrestling matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    So you are telling me, what WWE should do is focus on wrestling more and less on entertainment? Tell me how many women and kids go home to talk about wrestling matches? Tell me how many do you think rate them out of 5? There is a reason why they use the term small pond. WCW/NWA was no comparison to WWF before all the big stars went there. In the red every year even though they had great wrestling matches.
    Well yes, I do think WWE should focus more on wrestling. Thats how I feel what will happen when Steph takes from her father when Vince dies. Cause lets be honest, Triple H will never "own" the company. Hes not a McMahon, but his influence of wrestling will inspire Steph to follow his eyes.

Plus, we don't really need all WWE events have a total of 80% of kids. Its called World Wrestling Entertainment for a reason. And out of 5? Those people would rate it 5/5 because its stupid now. And I wanna watch wrestling. Not Tons of Funk. Not Dancing 24/7 not wasting my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by FellaMeep
    Well yes, I do think WWE should focus more on wrestling. Thats how I feel what will happen when Steph takes from her father when Vince dies. Cause lets be honest, Triple H will never "own" the company. Hes not a McMahon, but his influence of wrestling will inspire Steph to follow his eyes.

Plus, we don't really need all WWE events have a total of 80% of kids. Its called World Wrestling Entertainment for a reason. And out of 5? Those people would rate it 5/5 because its stupid now. And I wanna watch wrestling. Not Tons of Funk. Not Dancing 24/7 not wasting my life.
    You are just an ignorant hater type of a mark. You sit there and whine about everything blame pg for the WWE being bad among other things. You don't need kids at the events? Really? How much of a loss in merchandise sales is that taking that away. Who is rating WWE out of 5? I'm talking about matches. No kids go home and discuss how great a match was on Raw or SD. They will talk about the results of those matches.

Entertainment was the reason WWE became as big of a company as it is today. You actually think people like the wrestling part of wrestling? Why did WWF lose the ratings war for 80+ weeks with old guys like Piper, Hulk Hogan, among other old guys instead of seeing Owen, Bret, HBK, among other great performers. People tuned in to WWF to hear Austin raise hell.....not to see him wrestle. You are sitting here complaining of use of guys who can't even get booked on a ppv card.
    I enjoyed reading this blog. Agreed with some points but not everything. I do want to comment about what you said regarding Sami Zayn. El Generico with the mask, without the mask, same name, Sami Zayn name....who cares. The man is the star, not the gimmick. Look at Rollins and Ambrose. There is no reason to think that WWE will not see Zayn's talent and capitalize on it. Maybe 1% of the people that watch WWE actually watch NXT and maybe .1% of the people that watch WWE have even heard of El Generico. VKM would have kept the El Generico name and gimmick if he thought it would get over. Tyler Black is doing just fine being Seth Rollins as is Bryan Danielson being Daniel Bryan. VKM did allow Punk, RVD and Mysterio to come in with their existing names and gimmicks. And I do think WWE will make exceptions if they feel that a guy can easily get over by maintaining his gimmick from the indy days.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    You are just an ignorant hater type of a mark. You sit there and whine about everything blame pg for the WWE being bad among other things. You don't need kids at the events? Really? How much of a loss in merchandise sales is that taking that away. Who is rating WWE out of 5? I'm talking about matches. No kids go home and discuss how great a match was on Raw or SD. They will talk about the results of those matches.

Entertainment was the reason WWE became as big of a company as it is today. You actually think people like the wrestling part of wrestling? Why did WWF lose the ratings war for 80+ weeks with old guys like Piper, Hulk Hogan, among other old guys instead of seeing Owen, Bret, HBK, among other great performers. People tuned in to WWF to hear Austin raise hell.....not to see him wrestle. You are sitting here complaining of use of guys who can't even get booked on a ppv card.
    I agree that people watch WWE for the entertainment and not the wrestling. There is much better "pure wrestling" in ROH, Japan and other indy promotions. Anyone who prefers this type of programming is best to avoid WWE as there are many alternative options. Personally, I tune into Raw for the corny story lines, the tongue and cheek characters, the comedy and the chaos. As a result, I don't buy many PPVs as it is just wrestling. Oh yeah, and it is not worth $40 or whatever they charge when other promotions regularly have better wrestling on their PPVs and charge half that amount.
    Dude no one will watch WWE if theres no promos or storylines thats the fun part sure putting on great matches is imp but thats what PPV are for, the match after the story!!!
    And i for one find miz highly charismatic!!
    OK...... Let me just start of by saying I don't agree. anyways i'm not here to bash at all everyone is entitled to there own opinion but some of the other com mentors make a great point WWE WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT THE CORNY STORY LINES as sad as it is. I do enjoy a great Technical wrestling match it gives you this feeling in the air of OMG what the F*** just happened. Yes the wwe is predictable but that's business. i myself have wrote about it numerous times. I personally think the Miz is AWESOME ( i knew of him prior) and i don't hate on cena's 5 moves of doom but it is true the wwe has a lot of non wrestling skits and stories but who would buy a PPV if and it does most of the time included the same stuff from the other shows. there needs to be great story telling to make a feud work and its not because of the PG era I grew up in the attitude era and watched every week to see Austin torture Vince or DX pissing off yes i have grown up and excepted that we are in new times but even then pure wrestling would never get you on top of the ratings maybe just the top of the company. I did agree with you tho about cesaro and ryback being stiff in the ring and it being dangerous. the wwe has lost so much money over the last 10 years due to ratings and live events not selling so if you took the kids away the adults wouldn't show up and where does that leave the E in the gutter. There is a way to showcase great wrestling ( D BRYAN, PUNK) and make it part of the story. The only way things will change if everyone becomes cohesive and tells Vince things need to change slightly the product come become overall better

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.