View RSS Feed

Anthony_Eckman

Raw 6-3-13 Hits and Misses

Rate this Entry
In here I will give an overall score for Raw and what I thought the hits and misses were in my opinion.

Overall Score: 7.5

Hits

McMahon Segment: I liked how this kicked off the show last night. We got to see a rare appearance from not one, but two McMahons. I also liked how they took the Triple H storyline and put into play the fact that they are a family and need to look out for his well being. Now, I don't know how severe Triple H's injury is, probably not really an injury, but still. They played up the angle throughout the first half of the show and I believe it should've went longer. Still a very strong start to the show.

The Shield vs. Randy Orton and Team Hell No: Now as you all may know, I love The Shield. Six man tag matches involving them just make great TV. This match was another epic one. Daniel Bryan is just amazing in the ring and makes everybody look great. Then again, so does The Shield. They just made Kane and Orton look great. The ending was fantastic. The past couple of weeks I've said the ending to The Shield's matches have gotten a little stale but this ended that type of thinking. In having Bryan lose the match but not have it be his fault it keeps his weak link storyline going good.

The Uso's vs. The Prime Time Players: This one gets a minor hit. Not because of the wrestling or anything. It's getting a hit because hopefully WWE will start improving their tag team division to give The Shield credible rivals. The only way to do this is to get up and coming tag teams like these a chance. Now in my mind they'll eventually have The Wyatt Family and The Shield feud but until then, do what I just said.

Contract Signing: I was hoping more from this segment. I'm giving it a hit though because it pretty much solidifies Punk wrestling at Payback. I'm going to be very critical of this segment though. Heyman and Jericho should've been better on the mic. Them dragging on the concept of having the match in Chicago was just bad. I also don't like how they're again making it Best in the World vs. Best in the World at What I Do. What exactly do you do Jericho? Tell grown men to undress then stuff papers down their pants? Whatever. Still getting a hit though cause I truly miss CM Punk.

AJ Lee and The Bella's vs. Kaitlyn and The Funkadactyls: Over the past weeks I've gotten heat for always giving the diva's a miss. Well this time it's hit. Well the story gets a hit. It showed AJ not wanting anything to do with Kaitlyn and saving it for their Diva's Championship match. Also, it was Kaitlyn and AJ in the same match finally. I think these two divas can pull off an okay to good match whenever they face off.

Daniel Bryan vs. Ryback: Remember what I said just a couple of matches ago? Daniel Bryan makes anybody look great. Ryback looked fantastic thanks to Bryan. Sure there was a lot of heavy breathing and sweating on Ryback's part, but he still pulled off a fantastic match. The ending was good too. It keeps Ryback looking strong heading into Payback and doesn't make Bryan look weak by getting pinned twice in one night. Two things to take out of this. Vince, listen to the people who pay money that make you a millionaire. Don't turn Daniel Bryan heel. Ryback, hit a treadmill when you're at the gym next time and work on your cardio.

John Cena vs. Curtis Axel No DQ Match: I thought No DQ matches were also no countout matches. Huh. Anyway still a good match. Would've been better with no countouts but Axel will go undefeated by countout. Prediciton. I liked how they gave Axel a lot of offense. Showed that Cena can look weak sometimes but maybe only for 5 minutes. Ending was okay I guess. Ryback driving Cena through the table only says that Cena will win the first fall and Ryback will win the second at Payback. Still, great job making Ryback look like a monster....finally.

Miss

Alberto Del Rio vs. Big E. Langston: I don't care about a five match series with these two. Also, where was Ziggler? He was scheduled to appear. Anyway you basically get the same match with these two. They work each other out. Big E. slames Del Rio. AJ tries to get involved. Doesn't work. Del Rio locks in the armbreaker. Langston lifts him up and slams him. Then someone gets a retarded pin. I just don't see how a 300 lbs. man can lose from a roll up. Well what else are you going to do when your Heavyweight Champ is out with injury? I say let's see Ricardo and AJ face off next week.

Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes: How is Sheamus in two different feuds at once? He's feuding with The Shield and Damion Sandow at the same time. Now I don't mind him feuding with Sandow. Sandow should get some main event exposure. This match was just sloppy in my mind and Sheamus continues to look like the heel. Sandow though is a great commentator. I love his character. He's so arrogant that it's funny.

Fandango vs. The Great Khali: Now I was going to give this a hit for Summer Rae's dress.....but I had to remember that I need to think like a wrestling fan for this blog and not like a man. Fandango keeps looking weak when he walks out on matches. I don't know who they're planning on him feuding with when he wins the IC Title. Have Christian come back for that.

Wade Barrett vs. The Miz: Again, could've given this a hit for Summer Rae, but I need to focus on the match. Sloppy. Just sloppy. That's all I'm saying. Now when I say sloppy I'm specifically talking about that figure four leg lock. Good move Flair. Give your finishing move to someone who doesn't know how to apply it correctly.

Honorable Hit Mention: Summer Rae.

Very good show beside the misses. WWE creative felt under pressure with Game 7 between the Heat and Pacers last night and I think they delivered. By the way, if it takes a game 7 of a playoff series to make creative feel pressured, there's something wrong. Chalk up a big point to the Heat for blowing the game out early and saving Raw. I know that if that game would've went into overtime or been semi close I'd tune out of Raw. Sorry Grandpa Vince.

Submit "Raw 6-3-13 Hits and Misses" to Digg Submit "Raw 6-3-13 Hits and Misses" to del.icio.us Submit "Raw 6-3-13 Hits and Misses" to StumbleUpon Submit "Raw 6-3-13 Hits and Misses" to Google

Comments

Decent blog, I just had a couple of counterpoints:
    1: Sheamus is not feuding with the Shield right now.
    2: Miz's figure 4 was not done from the proper position, but rather, from the ground. Doesn't necessarily make it sloppy, does it?
    The neglect of the midcard is totally ridiculous. There are lots of guys taking time off for injuries or whatever, but instead of pushing the midcard faces to fill the void in their absence, they just stretch out the remaining main eventers' TV time.

I liked that WWE is pushing Daniel Bryan, but what bothered me about Bryan working two matches is that that it felt more like the only reason Bryan did double duty was to kill TV time. Because WWE didn't want to actually use that time to build anyone outside of the main event scene.

No one should be pulling double duty when there are a lot of talented, but underutilized guys on the roster starving for TV time.

If Bryan absolutely had to work two matches, it would've been better if he had been booked against one of the undercard faces instead of Ryback. Basically have Bryan be so obsessed with proving he's not the weak link that he tries to pick a fight with a jobber so he can assert his superiority. Lets say someone like...let's say Alex Riley tries to calm Bryan down and reassure him that he's not the weak link. Instead of listening, Bryan goads him into a match. Riley would get a few hope spots in and struggles to hang with Bryan, but Bryan would just annihilate him with brutal holds and strikes. Kane comes out, pleading with Bryan to end the match and tells him he has nothing to prove. Riley attempts one last ditch attempt at a comeback, but Bryan catches him in a guillotine and chokes him out for the win. Bryan still gets to look like a badass, and a deserving talent gets TV time.

WWE had a chance to get some fresh talents over, but they blew it because only the main event guys matter.
    I completely disagree Tempest. If it was someone who would never be able to benefit from this like Cena I would be on your side. Daniel Bryan is still an internet hero and even though he's over with the crowd he has not reached that top peak level. This did A LOT to put him towards it. I got excited when he was in the ring. The crowd got majorly excited when he was in the ring. WWE management will notice. He still IS a fresh talent to them.

I don't understand how you could say it's killing TV time if it's something that people want to see?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    I completely disagree Tempest. If it was someone who would never be able to benefit from this like Cena I would be on your side. Daniel Bryan is still an internet hero and even though he's over with the crowd he has not reached that top peak level. This did A LOT to put him towards it. I got excited when he was in the ring. The crowd got majorly excited when he was in the ring. WWE management will notice. He still IS a fresh talent to them.

I don't understand how you could say it's killing TV time if it's something that people want to see?
    I'm not denying Bryan's talent or overness. It's just that Bryan is one of the guys in the "inner circle" who already gets a good chunk of screentime and are booked way above everyone else. Sure he hasn't reached Cena's level (no one has except for maybe Punk, and that's still debatable), but kayfabe-wise he's still a "main eventer". I feel that having Bryan do two matches in one night only re-enforced the idea that "only the main event guys matter". I'm not saying that Bryan doesn't deserve his spot, because I'm a huge fan of the guy. I'm just saying I'd like to see guys other than the upper-level guys on TV.

WWE needs to get out of this "if you're not a main eventer, you're not worth putting on TV" mindset. There are lots of other talents who deserve to be on RAW and SmackDown a little more often.
    The Uso's and PTPers match was a dud and the Contract Signing was also a miss. Two of the best on the mic and it felt like they were waiting for the other person to say something intriguing. Sadly, it never happened and Heyman got something down his pants.

I dont mind Bryan getting 2 matches, but I like the way Tempest booked it. Have Bryan destroy someone who needs the tv time and someone who clearly Bryan is superior to. Keep having Kane try to stop him from being crazy and FINALLY they can start their feud.
    I thought No DQ matches were also no countout matches.

WWE constantly changes the rules. It used to have countouts, then it didn't, now it does. Dumb.

Anyways, liked the blog. Respect for the hit on the divas match. Was it great? No, but it helped AJ and and Kaitlyn's storyline. And I better not see ADR vs Big E Langston on Smackdown for a 6th match.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.