View RSS Feed

TheRobbSmith

Turning the corner. WWE's journey to finally bringing Indy talent alive.

Rating: 2 votes, 2.00 average.
First blog so I hope you guys don't shoot me down, I plan on writing a lot on here and this stuff is just my opinion. Here we go.

I am thirty one and I cannot remember a time I did not watch wrestling, I have always been a fan of the 80's and early 90's wrestling. Never a huge fan of the Attitude era as I was more of a WCW/NwO fan back then.

The last few years I have grown to appreciate the talent from the Indys and it seems that finally the "E" has opened up just enough to let some true talent shine through.

Baby steps are fine because for the longest time VKM has been about big huge manly monstrous men. Whether you are a fan of the Shield or not you have to appreciate everything they bring to the table. I am particularly talking about Rollins and Ambrose, also Daniel Bryan has been getting to be the American Dragon we knew and loved in ROH. The reason for DB's recent throwback wrestling style is that he has guys that can wrestle that same style in Ambrose and Rollins.

The WWE has been bringing in some fantastic talent to NXT and if you have not watched the current version of NXT on HULU then you are most definetly missing out. Such talents as Sterling James Keenan, El Generico, Chris Hero and Pac amongst many others.

With all these guys being brought into NXT and many more rumored to be signing shortly it looks as if VKM and HHH have finally gotten a little sweet on indy wrestling. I don't think we will see the type of off the wall moves in the ring that we see in the indy's but from what we have seen in recent weeks between DB and the Shield it shows us some of the most technical and awe inspiring wrestling might just have a home in the biggest show in professional wrestling.

Submit "Turning the corner. WWE's journey to finally bringing Indy talent alive." to Digg Submit "Turning the corner. WWE's journey to finally bringing Indy talent alive." to del.icio.us Submit "Turning the corner. WWE's journey to finally bringing Indy talent alive." to StumbleUpon Submit "Turning the corner. WWE's journey to finally bringing Indy talent alive." to Google

Tags: czw, nxt, pwg, roh, shield
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    More of a forum topic.........
    I also like the incorporation of talent with prior experience rather than those who take the home-grown-talent route. It's also nice to see some variety in body type, promo style, and in ring ability. I just wish they would let the wrestlers expand their move-repetoir so that they can truly display their wrestling talents
    I was lost after "Never a huge fan of the Attitude era as I was more of a WCW/NwO fan back then"...oh

This is not a blog and if it was I struggled to stay awake while reading it. Your title and subject are KA(kickass) but that's where it stops. You have to break out your selections and highlight which indy talents are KA INDIVIDUALLY.

RECOMMENDATION: Don't post past bedtime and incorporate interesting facts in your blogs

Painful Rating: 3 out of 10
    I like that more indy talent are getting a shot, but I don't think that "homegrown talent" should be completely dismissed.

Guys like Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Cody Rhodes, and even Alex Riley are guys who have never set foot in an indy ring, but it doesn't made them any less talented. Guys like Zack Ryder and The Miz were only in the indies for a cup of coffee, but it doesn't mean they suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by TempestH
    I like that more indy talent are getting a shot, but I don't think that "homegrown talent" should be completely dismissed.

Guys like Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Cody Rhodes, and even Alex Riley are guys who have never set foot in an indy ring, but it doesn't made them any less talented. Guys like Zack Ryder and The Miz were only in the indies for a cup of coffee, but it doesn't mean they suck.
    What has Alex Riley ever done to deserve anything? I watched his run in NXT and his emergence with the Miz and I personally was not overly impressed. I like Zach Ryder as much as the next guy, but his best contribution was in a tag team with Kurt Hawkins....Jack Swagger (IMHO) has always been vastly over-rated...only Cody and Dolph are really worth mentioning...I'll take the ROH roster over all of the home grown wwe talent any day

Again it's my personal opinion...to each his own
    Maybe it's because I'm fairly new to ROH, and no other independent shows are televised, but I'm not overly impressed. Elgin is the only one currently there who really impresses me, as most of the others would not even be mid-carders in WWE. I realize ROH was much better in the day with Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, the Shield guys, and several others who are now in NXT. Are athletic guys with solid wrestling ability too much to ask for? They don't have to be huge, although if they're under 200 pounds they really better be able to bring something special to the table, like Rey Mysterio. I agree that a mix is good: some big strong guys, some smaller quicker guys, some technical guys, some high flyers, etc. Remember a little over a year ago when every champion was under 225 pounds: CM Punk was WWE champion, Daniel Bryan was World Champion, Santino was Intercontinental, Ryder was US Champ, and Primo & Epico were tag champs. Not sure if we'll ever see those days again, because while using some talent from the independents is fine, Vince will always have a special place in his heart for the big guys.
    Good Post, I totally agree.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.