View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - The Shield...what to do to keep them fresh

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. Welcome to another edition of Double O. Please read my last entry, 'Why John Cena will NOT lose the WWE Title at WWE Payback' if you're interested. Let me know what you think. But for now, I would like to share with you my opinion on what WWE could do to keep the Shield fresh.

[B]Six Man Tag Team match limitations[/B]
The Shield are undefeated....in a way. They have beaten every combination of three superstars that they have faced including Cena, Sheamus & Ryback; Orton, Sheamus & Big Show; and Undertaker, Kane and Daniel Bryan, plus others but that would take a while to list since they have dominated since arriving on the scene (no pun intended).

I do not think there are many new challengers to face. They have been going up against the same few guys, i.e. Sheamus, Cena, Orton and Kofi Kingston and earlier on, Ryback. To help them stay well oiled as a faction, WWE Creative could start having them team up in six man tag matches once in a while, e.g. Once every two-three months in major matches.

[B]Tag Team Championship defences[/B]
To help Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins out, instead of defending against actual tag teams, they could also defend against two random superstars who have formed an alliance for 'one night only'. For example, The Miz and Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton and Sheamus or even heel superstars like Antonio Cesaro and Wade Barrett. I think that this would make them seem a bit more dominant. But if this were to happen, they would have to mix it up a bit.

[B]United States Championship defences[/B]
Have Dean Ambrose defend regularly...have him go up against someone one week and then the next week, have him defend it again against someone different. And then two weeks later, have him defend it once more, then at a PPV. Have him lose by DQ, then have a stipulation where if he gets DQ'd, then he loses the belt. Then have a couple of defences where Rollins and Reigns get involved. Either way, have it so Ambrose somehow always walks away with the gold still around his waist.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND LEAVE YOUR OWN OPINIONS BELOW AND OTHER REASONS ON WHAT COULD BE DONE TO HELP THE SHIELD STAY FRESH FOR A WHILE. PLEASE...NO HATE!

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - The Shield...what to do to keep them fresh" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - The Shield...what to do to keep them fresh" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - The Shield...what to do to keep them fresh" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - The Shield...what to do to keep them fresh" to Google

Comments

I hope that next week we are going to see the battle of the new factions
    shield vs the wyat family,

or at least build the family up by beaten the same guys you just mentioned the shield has beaten, and after that cost the shield some matches by interfering building up the feud
    I would like Sami Zayn to form a team with cara and bourne and start taking on the shield
    I'll painfully tell you what I dont want to see....repeat repeat matches. The same match 3 weeks in a row would NOT help the shield. They need to get over on a REAL tag team. Not Team Hell No...Maybe a veteran tag team...that the E is missing now.

Agree with the fundamentals on this blog...Dont F it up E!

Painful Rating: 7.0 out of 10
    vereran tag team? the oldest are primo and epico, and the usos,
    a win over these teams isn't pushing shield
    Quote Originally Posted by grave
    vereran tag team? the oldest are primo and epico, and the usos,
    a win over these teams isn't pushing shield
    Well, it is in a way. The Shield needs regular Tag Title defenses. What's the point in giving them the title if all their gonna do is battle in 6 man tag matches and always feud with DB & Kane? We're not talking PPV tag matches against The Uso's, but Smackdown, Raw, Main Event...why not?
    I think they should stop doing the 6 man tags for a while and start focusing on the championships. Some time down the line, have them lose maybe to the Wyatt Family. That is what I'd do.....

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.