View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

Booking the perfect Money in the Bank card

Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.
MITB2013poster.jpg

In the last PPV before the "Biggest Party of the Summer," Summerslam on Sunday, August 18th in Los Angeles, the WWE invades Wells Fargo Center on Sunday, July 14th (my birthday, BTW) for the fourth annual Money in the Bank PPV.

And so, here's my projected card:

PRE-SHOW MATCH
THE GREAT KHALI & HORNSWOGGLE VS. CODY RHODES & DAMIEN SANDOW
Yeah, I know. Another comedy tag team match. But with a possible change to this year's Money in the Bank ladder match (more on that later), expect Team Rhodes Scholars to be left off the Money in the Bank ladder match. And to make matters worse, expect Rhodes and Sandow to take on the IWC's most disliked WWE Superstars, The Punjabi Playboy and the star of the upcoming horror film, Leprechaun. Yawn.

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH FOR EITHER A FUTURE WWE OR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
PARTICIPANTS: ALBERTO DEL RIO, BIG SHOW, CHRISTIAN, CHRIS JERICHO, DANIEL BRYAN, JACK SWAGGER, MARK HENRY, REY MYSTERIO, AND SHEAMUS
In a new wrinkle, all of the participants in this year's Money in the Bank ladder match are all either former WWE and World Heavyweight Champions due to WWE Creative's lack of faith with the WWE's mid-card division.

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
KAITLYN VS. BRIE OR NIKKI BELLA
I would predicted that A.J. Lee was gonna be the next Divas Champion, but it looks like WWE Creative is going in a different direction as I expect either Brie or Nikki Bella to end Kaitlyn's reign perhaps at the Payback PPV.

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
BRODUS CLAY & TENSAI VS. ROMAN REIGNS & SETH ROLLINS
In an effort to get The Shield in the Money in the Bank PPV, expect Reigns and Rollins to face Tons of Funk for the tag team belts.

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
SIN CARA VS. FANDANGO
I expect Fandango to capture the IC title at Payback which will result in a title defense against possibly Sin Cara.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
RANDY ORTON VS. DOLPH ZIGGLER
I expect Ziggler to retain the title at Payback as I expect him to enter a feud with the Apex Predator. A possible win by Orton will no doubt result in a renewed interest in the World Heavyweight Championship.

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
JOHN CENA VS. RYBACK VS. CM PUNK
Even though I predict that Cena will retain the WWE Championship at Payback , it seems very obvious that it wouldn't be smart to leave off either Punk or Ryback off the card. Thus, a possible triple threat match for the WWE title.

NOTABLES LEFT OFF THE CARD:
ANTONIO CESARO: The MITB ladder match's new format will once again leave Cesaro off the card.
A.J. LEE: Unfortunately for A.J., she has been overshadowed by the Bella Twins.
CURTIS AXEL: May play a role in the WWE Championship match by helping Punk win.
BIG E LANGSTON: Will accompany Ziggler in his match against Orton.
DEAN AMBROSE: Will accompany Rollins and Reigns in their match against Tons of Funk.
WADE BARRETT: ​See Antonio Cesaro.

Submit "Booking the perfect Money in the Bank card" to Digg Submit "Booking the perfect Money in the Bank card" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking the perfect Money in the Bank card" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking the perfect Money in the Bank card" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Doing MITB similar to the way they did it last year with one MITB ladder match with former world champions while the other was for future. Hate the format though.....

MITB match former world champions: Big Show vs Christian vs Jack Swagger vs Del Rio vs CM Punk vs Chris Jericho vs Sheamus vs Orton-I'd probably have Orton win this one and have him lose his cash in.
    MITB match future world champions: Wade Barrett vs Curtis Axel vs Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes vs Ryback vs Cesaro vs Big E vs Ted Dibiase-I like the tease here of people questioning if Big E will win and end up challenging Dolph Ziggler. 3 guys I'd like to see win the MITB this year is Ryback, Sandow, and of course Wade Barrett. I have Barrett winning this because I think Ryback can get a title shot without the MITB.
    US title: Dean Ambrose (C) vs R-Truth-Kofi and R-Truth are connected since their tag title reign. Probably do something such as trash talk about that or simply just have the match.
    pre-show:IC title: Fandango (C) vs Miz-I figure it will be a triple threat match for the IC title at the ppv Payback. I think Barrett loses here so he can move on from the midcard ranks. Figure he gets a rematch for Raw and loses. Move on to win MITB.
    Divas title: AJ (C) vs Kaitlyn-Rematch for the Divas title.
    Tag titles: Usos vs Shield (C)-I was thinking Orton and Sheamus here, but who would win the former world champions MITB? This is why I hate the format. Usos have had issues with them in the past. They say they are next in line for tag belts. Why not? Especially with all the stars in the MITB matches. They'll have a chance to get on the card.
    World title: Dolph Ziggler (C) vs Kane-Before teaming with Taker to take on the Shield at Summerslam, he gets a world title match vs Ziggler. Why not?
    WWE title: John Cena (C) vs Daniel Bryan-Bryan is over and I'd love to see a program with Cena and Bryan. Bryan vs either world champion would be good though. However, I'd rather see this happen.
    Updated 06-02-2013 at 12:59 PM by TheGreatOne (make matches bold)
    I would love to see Damien Sandow snag a briefcase. Axel or a Shield member could also work, although one could argue that the Shield should continue to run on their current title push momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Rachel
    Actually, Kofi Kingston is injured. Otherwise, I would've had him as Fandango's challenger for the IC title instead of Sin Cara.
    Im gona go ahead and call it now that Kofi's injury is storyline so that a) he can have a few weeks off to see his new baby b) Make Ryback look even stronger taking out a big (ish) name. c) I think his time to be pushed a bit more has come and he will return maybe a week before MITB,pip Ryback to the breifcase and then fued with Ryback, possibly with Ryback ending up winning the briefacse off him
    My Card:
    1. Cena vs. Henry - WWE Title
    2. Ziggler vs. Christian - WHC Title
    3. Kane vs. Bryan
    4. Shield vs. Orton & Sheamus - Tag Titles
    5. Del Rio v Swagger v Show v Axel v Barrett v Langston v Sin Cara v Cesaro - WHC MITB
    6. Punk v Ryback v Ambrose v Jericho v Kofi v Miz v Fandango v R Truth - WWE MITB
    7. Wyatt Family v Tons of Funk & Kahli
    8. Kaitlyn v AJ - Divas Title
    Pre-Show: Rhodes Scholars v Uso's
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.