View RSS Feed

WWE Brain

Flyin Bryan: The Next Ricky Steamboat

Rate this Entry
Last night's Raw went fairly well but the one thing that stuck out to me was Daniel Bryan. Bryan seemed to stand out in his Tag Team title match.

Similarities:

Ricky was given his first big match at Wrestlemania where his competitor could not keep up.

Daniel was given his first big match at Summerslam where his opponent was eliminated in a flash.

2. Ricky Steamboat was forced to team up with Dustin Runnels and they soon won the WCW Tag Team Titles.

Daniel Bryan was forced to team up with Kane and they soon won the WWE Tag Team Titles.

3.Ricky Steamboat was known for his high flying moves.

Last night on Raw, Daniel Bryan hopped off the top rope and I saw Ricky Steamboat in him. I believe the move Bryan used was Ricky Steamboat's Finisher.

4.Ricky Steamboat battled the huge superstars and still made them fall to their knees.

Last year, Flyin' Bryan versed huge superstars like the Big Show and Mark Henry.

5.Ricky Steamboat was known for training on numerous continents and using his japenese heritage in the ring.

Daniel Bryan competed and became known by battling on other continents and still today uses japanese moves in the ring.

Submit "Flyin Bryan: The Next Ricky Steamboat" to Digg Submit "Flyin Bryan: The Next Ricky Steamboat" to del.icio.us Submit "Flyin Bryan: The Next Ricky Steamboat" to StumbleUpon Submit "Flyin Bryan: The Next Ricky Steamboat" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

hmmm...I've never thought about it like that...and I never will...not enough similarities

Painful Rating 5.5 out of 10
    Quote Originally Posted by THE PAINFUL TRUTH
    hmmm...I've never thought about it like that...and I never will...not enough similarities

Painful Rating 5.5 out of 10

And the 5.5 is only due to the fact that Daniel Bryan got a mention in your blog
    Sorry bud I don't see any other than they both like to come off the top rope now and again. Del rio, miz and jericho all use the top rope single ax handle or chop can you say any of those are steamboats. Steamboat was never a world champion bryan was Steamboat never worked heel bryan did Steamboat was the ultimate midcarder he has more in common with kofi kingston than bryan IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by second_city_sinner
    Sorry bud I don't see any other than they both like to come off the top rope now and again. Del rio, miz and jericho all use the top rope single ax handle or chop can you say any of those are steamboats. Steamboat was never a world champion bryan was Steamboat never worked heel bryan did Steamboat was the ultimate midcarder he has more in common with kofi kingston than bryan IMO.
    Uh.. Ricky won the NWA World Heavyweight title in the main event of a ppv against Ric Flair, at a time the thing was just as prestigious as the WWE-title. The IC, when he won it, was the (debatable) equivalent of de WHC at this time. He got to beat main eventers, beating Macho Man Randy Savage at Wrestlemania III. Kofi Kingston ain't got shit on Ricky Steamboat.

I see some similarties between Bryan and Steamboat: decent guys, go to guys for a good match, will do the job, some style similarities. But that can be said of lots of guys - you can compare Bryan with Chris Benoit, for instance.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.