View RSS Feed

JonesHeat

WWE: DreamMania

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
Hey peeps. Thanks for reading this, it is my first time here so be gentle
I have been recently watching WWE, TNA and some smaller promotions and i gotta say that there are some guys either dead or just not in WWE that need to be. The potential for DreamMania (Dream matches for y'all who don't get it). The matches below, feature wrestlers when they were at the very top of their game, their peak. Enjoy and please throw back some comments:

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. CM Punk

I feel that this match would always be the headline. It is just the perfect match. The prior build up with promos, shock tactics, impromptu fights and teases. It would be the type of build up seen on the Rock vs. Austin matches. Both are world class sellers, talkers and able to craft a story in the ring.

Kurt Angle vs. Mr Perfect vs. Taz

I think that many guys from the ECW don't get any real credit due to the Invasion angle and botched debuts. Taz is a case in point. He was a monster in ECW, a real technical wrestler who could also be a brawler. He was the complete opposite of Kurt Angle's clean cut image and ring ability which would, on its own of been a fantastic match if Taz had debuted in WWE a few years earlier. But since we have seen that match, the addition of Mr Perfect would make this just perfection (cheesy pun). He represents the old school wrestling style and again offers another dimension to the match. The styles in the ring alone should be enough but the 3 differing characters with similar move sets would be an interesting fight.

Edge and Christian vs. Demolition vs. LOD vs. Guerrero and Beniot

I don't think much needs to be said here. Each team very bright and unique, each team very different in their move sets and the match would be just unreal, especially if there was a table, ladder or a chair.

The Rock vs. Randy Orton

Personally, this match has made more sense than any other recently. Both play heel roles so well and each gets the crowd going. Plus the background of both being the youngest champion at the time, both 3rd generation wrestlers and both with similar in ring ability. It is a match i think could still happen.

Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Shawn Micheals

Macho Man is the best of all time personally. He was ahead of his time and could create a story just by how he moved in the ring. A close second place is HBK. He is by far the biggest loss WWE has had when he retired. Dispite his age, he was able to pull off matches that others could only dream of doing pretty much every night of the year. This would be a battle of personality and talent. My dream match.

Triple H vs. Harley Race

Hunter is a workhorse but he is/was an ego-maniac. He will be remembered for his burials of Orton, Goldberg and his obsession with being Ric Flair as much as his fights with Austin, Mick Foley and Undertaker. Harley Race is not well known by the younger crowd but was the HHH of his day (or should i say, HHH is the Harley Race of his day). The man was a heel. The man sold fights with slow, methodical wrestling and the man was able to build up fighters by loosing (such was his appeal). This is why it would of been a no brainer for these two to go at it. A technical match of wits here. Maybe to new fans the slow pace would be an off putting thing but the clinic they would put on in technical ability would be to great to miss.

The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho

These two get better with age, but id want to see the younger, aggressive, sneaky and loud Y2J against the older Undertaker. Taker matches are best when a young, hungry guy is against him (exception being HBK). This would be a fantastic, fast paced, big spot strewn fight with a great build up (much like CM Punk vs. Taker was).

I haven't put match types or titles on here nor have i put any big guys up. It's not because i don't like them but very few have ever been amazing. People throw Batista around but honestly, against a prime Lesnar, he would look awful or Ryback who has been here for 5 mins........C'mon people, let him have classic matches rather than just a series of highlights in a 5 min match. Goldberg i like but again, he needs perfect booking to work well and last fight i enjoyed with him was against The Rock.

Anyway, hope you enjoy and i will frequently try to post stuff to read. Cheers y'all.

Submit "WWE: DreamMania" to Digg Submit "WWE: DreamMania" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE: DreamMania" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE: DreamMania" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Savage vs HBK at Mania would be a thesis for what is great about wrestling. It would steal the show and be absolutely epic. To me, Savage was Mr. WrestleMania before that was a moniker to bestow. He had epic matches at 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8. Anyone who can make the Warrior look like a great wrestler and not just a power guy is special. I don't even think I need to comment on HBK's track record. This is a comment to your blog, not a blog of my own. That match would be truly epic.
    Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart
    John Cena vs Hulk Hogan
    Stone Cold vs Goldberg 98
    The Rock vs HBK
    LOD vs Dudley Boyz
    Rockers vs Hardy Boyz
    E+C vs JoMo & Miz
    Taker vs Sting 97
    Brock Lesnar vs Batista

Name of few, some of these particular tag matches prob wouldn't make a top 10 card.
    No Bret Hart? Owen Hart? But you have Taz?
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    No Bret Hart? Owen Hart? But you have Taz?
    Speaking of Taz, him vs Joe at their peak would have been awesome!
    It looks like Dreamania is incomplete as it only has 7 matches and 21 performers. Brain cramps from trying to encompass all of the talent that wrestling has...

Blog Rating 4.0 out of 10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart
    John Cena vs Hulk Hogan
    Stone Cold vs Goldberg 98
    The Rock vs HBK
    LOD vs Dudley Boyz
    Rockers vs Hardy Boyz
    E+C vs JoMo & Miz
    Taker vs Sting 97
    Brock Lesnar vs Batista

Name of few, some of these particular tag matches prob wouldn't make a top 10 card.
    I'd swim across the Pacific to see this card. Wish the blog had these matches

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.