View RSS Feed

Anthony_Eckman

5 Wrestlers Who Should Be WWE/World Champion Soon

Rate this Entry
Usually I only do PPV prediction blogs and Raw review blogs but I feel like I have to get this off my chest. These are 5 guys who the WWE isn't doing anything important with that should be a major champion this year.

5. Cody Rhodes

I love Cody Rhodes. He works well on the mic and in the ring. When he first came in he looked promising. Winning tag team gold and joining the likes of Ted DiBiase and Randy Orton in Legacy. When that storyline ran out he kind of fell flat though. I know he was the last IC Champ to mean anything but that's all he has done the past 3 three years. I think WWE should let him a Money in the Bank briefcase in July and let him win the World Title later this year.

4. Kofi Kingston

Now this may actually surprise most of you but hear me out. Kofi not only can pull it off in the ring but the crowd loves him. Every time he pops on the screen the crowd goes nuts. They haven't pushed him at all since he's came up. They almost did in 2009 when he was feuding with Randy Orton and Legacy but that fell short. I really enjoy watching his matches and think he could be a good babyface to feud with Dolph Ziggler later this year.

3. Wade Barrett

Wade Barrett is the winner of the first season of NXT. Now that stands out too me because it was the only season of NXT that mattered. I loved him when he first appeared and still do. He's great on the mic and great in the ring. He has that kind of heelish personality that makes you just want to punch him in the face. He also put's on great matches with Randy Orton, Sheamus and John Cena. All former champions. Now John Cena is the current WWE Champion so if they have no plans for Cena after he gets done with Ryback I wouldn't mind seeing Barrett get elevated for a while.

2. Daniel Bryan

Okay sure Bryan has been there before. He won the World Title not even 2 years ago. After that though he hasn't been in a major title picture though. He feuded with Sheamus then CM Punk then he got placed with Kane and they held the tag titles forever. Now the way it seems is that Daniel will be turning heel on Kane at Payback and then facing him at Summerslam or Money in the Bank. After that story is over I would love to see Bryan face off with Cena for the WWE Title for a couple of PPVs. I mean, Bryan carried Ryback to his best match on Smackdown a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he can do the same with Cena.

1. Randy Orton

Again, been there before. Nine times to be exact. Even though Orton has held a major title 9 times before he hasn't held one or even been close to one since 2011. That's two years. That's too long for him. Now in my mind they should have him stay face and feud with Ziggler for a while. I know nobody likes him as a face. Hell, neither do I. But it seems like the past few weeks he's starting to be comfortable in this role. Plus with Punk coming back, Ryback here, Lesnar there, Henry still...Cena has plenty of heels to feud with for the time being. So let Orton and Ziggler take place over the summer. I think they'd put on some great matches.

Well thank you for reading. Comment down below with your opinions and who you think got left out.

Submit "5 Wrestlers Who Should Be WWE/World Champion Soon" to Digg Submit "5 Wrestlers Who Should Be WWE/World Champion Soon" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Wrestlers Who Should Be WWE/World Champion Soon" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Wrestlers Who Should Be WWE/World Champion Soon" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    why does Orton need another world or WWE title run?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    why does Orton need another world or WWE title run?
    Well I'm not necessarily saying put the title back on him but I'm just pointing to the fact that if they don't turn Langston face after Ziggler's feud with Del Rio that Ziggler won't have anybody to go up against. So I say just let him feud with Orton. However that looks like it won't happen since it's rumored that Orton and Sheamus will face off at Summerslam so Orton will most likely go heel.
    Kofi has lost me, a true ring lightweight and can't do a promo to save his life, I don't ever see him being world champion unless some changes are made.
    I'll go with none of the above for the rest of the year. DB and Orton are the only two that are world title material, but I see no need to put the title on either at this time.
    I would not give the title to Wade Barrett or Randy Orton. I'd feel better having Henry or Jericho sporting the gold(or even making this list). Orton is too 1 dimensional. You know what your gonna get from him as champion...boredom, little girl screams, and the look. You know the look he gives. Wade is starting to follow suit and is becoming equally dry. He needs the Shield or any group(hell even tons of funk) to elevate him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_Eckman
    Well I'm not necessarily saying put the title back on him but I'm just pointing to the fact that if they don't turn Langston face after Ziggler's feud with Del Rio that Ziggler won't have anybody to go up against. So I say just let him feud with Orton. However that looks like it won't happen since it's rumored that Orton and Sheamus will face off at Summerslam so Orton will most likely go heel.
    If you ask me, Orton vs Ziggler for the world title should happen at Summerslam.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    If you ask me, Orton vs Ziggler for the world title should happen at Summerslam.

or Bryan vs. Ziggler Ironman match
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.