View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Curtis Axel: What The Future Holds For Paul Heyman's 3rd Client.

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

This past RAW, it was announced that the formerly named Michael McGillcutty, Curtis Axel, was the 3rd client for Paul Heyman. Not a lot of people are pleased with this decision -- but I am for am very happy that a good talent like Joe Hennig is getting this great opportunity to shine. Isn't this something all wrestling fans, including internet fans, have been begging the WWE to start doing? Give new talents opportunities and storylines to work with. Well, we got it. Now, will he do good with it? Who knows. Perhaps in the next six months, Heyman will drop him and he'll go back to being a nobody.

OR.

In a year, he is wrestling for the world title at Summerslam 2014. You never know folks. And we can NEVER know unless superstars are given a chance. So what if Michael McGillicutty does not interest you right now. That's fine. Let's see what he can do first before we immediately start labeling him as a failure. For all we know, by Summerslam, we'll be clamoring for him to be a world champion. It all depends on how well the talent is booked and what the talent HIMSELF makes out of it. I say give him a chance. He has the wrestling heritage of his father and granddad, Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig and Larry The Axe Hennig, and he has great knowledge and passion for the business he works for. On top of that, he has an intense look to him, his wrestling skills are solid and he has Paul Heyman to cover him in the microphone skills department, which is his weakest. The only thing that could hurt him is the WWE Creative Team's inability to give him an important feud or role to make him feel important. Hopefully, they do him right.

Then again, they DID miss a great opportunity to make him look strong by having him pin or beat the living hell out of a weakened Triple H. I mean, how badly will a loss hurt Triple H at this point? Especially if he lost in a weakened state. No big deal. Don't know why they couldn't let Axel get a victory off of it. But, it is early so there is still plenty of time to create opportunities for him to look strong. Not saying I want him to be a 10 time world champion, I just want him to LOOK STRONG and FEEL like a legitimate threat to the main eventers. Is that too hard to ask for?

As for where I feel he should go next? Personally, I'd love to see a rematch between Triple H and Curtis Axel at Payback. Even losing after having a great match with Triple H will make Curtis Axel look great. A win, however, will be monumental. Afterwards, WWE needs to immediately send Curtis Axel after the Intercontinental championship. Why? Well, first and foremost, it is a part of his family's legacy and it would be so fitting for him to win it. Secondly, the current holder, Wade Barrett, has been made out to be a chump ever since winning it and I'm praying someone comes and takes it off of him. I'm sorry. I like Wade Barrett, but you cannot deny that WWE has booked him poorly and he has turned into one of the most uninteresting and insignificant champions I know. He got on the PRE-SHOW of Wrestlemania 29 for christ's sake. Being Paul Heyman's client, I guarantee you Curtis Axel will be featured much stronger and he can definitely make the Intercontinental championship feel more important. Besides that, he'd be able to have MUCH better matches. Think about it:

Curtis Axel vs. Daniel Bryan
Curtis Axel vs. Cody Rhodes
Curtis Axel vs. Justin Gabriel
Curtis Axel vs. Tyson Kidd
Curtis Axel vs. Drew McIntyre
Curtis Axel vs. Sheamus
Curtis Axel vs. Randy Orton

And the list goes on. Don't those matches sound interesting? It should! And you're guaranteed to at least get a good quality match out of it. So yes. I hope WWE plans to send this man after that championship in the future and I hope they give him a strong character direction to make it feel significant.

I really want this guy to be successful. He may not be a world champion, but as long as he MATTERS, then that is all that matters. It feels good to see new talents getting the spotlight.

Thanks for reading. Feedback is appreciated.

Submit "Curtis Axel: What The Future Holds For Paul Heyman's 3rd Client." to Digg Submit "Curtis Axel: What The Future Holds For Paul Heyman's 3rd Client." to del.icio.us Submit "Curtis Axel: What The Future Holds For Paul Heyman's 3rd Client." to StumbleUpon Submit "Curtis Axel: What The Future Holds For Paul Heyman's 3rd Client." to Google

Updated 05-21-2013 at 10:46 PM by Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Tags: curtis axel, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Why aren't people happy? I think its that we know this isn't going far... or long.

I mean its frustrating to have to dig up McGullicutty - who's 33 and its not going to survive the Cena era to take over from him.... so we know its short term.

This was a great chance to launch (from CM Punk, Lesnar to..... ) this was the chance to say the next name was going to be bracketed with them in the future.... I still remember Cenas first WWE match running in against Angle was a great launching pad for a great wrestler - particularly a face.

This was the same chance for a career to be launched... Heyman on board.... on the back of Lesnar and CM Punk. A battle with HHH didn't have to be a win but a young guy and good showing could've gone a long way.
    I think we need to wait for RAW to see how big of an opponent he gets. I would like to see him maybe get a win over Jericho with help from Fandango. It's obviously too early for a world title feud, but I still think he'll be feuding with top guys while wrestling some lower card guys too.
    I like the Paul Heyman Guy thing. I like that it's Mr Perfect's son. What I don't like is the fact that WWE has a tendency of screwing this type of shit up. Look at some of the lost opportunities.

Mark Henry made an impact when he returned out of nowhere. Then, just lost on a consistent basis. Sure, he was able to destroy Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara and Zack Ryder. But how did he do in the Elimination Chamber? How did he do against Sheamus?

Jack Swagger was another who made an impact on his return. They got him a mouthpiece in Zeb and gave him a great character. And what did they do with it? Have him job to ADR 3 times, then lose to Orton. He's got no credibility left and there's really nowhere else for him to go. They destroyed what could have been a great thing.

So basically what faith should I have in WWE doing right with Curtis Axel? I have none...but again, let's wait and see. I'm hoping for good things. Big things. But I'm not holding my breath because let's face it...it is WWE afterall.
    No pleasing some people, theirs a clear cry out for new talent to receive a push due to part timers having to attract fans, then some bitch when they are pushed. If you build guys like this up you're in business WWE. I hope he gets appropriate booking

Great blog
    Quote Originally Posted by DWO
    No pleasing some people, theirs a clear cry out for new talent to receive a push due to part timers having to attract fans, then some bitch when they are pushed. If you build guys like this up you're in business WWE. I hope he gets appropriate booking

Great blog
    DWO - nooone is denying that - my point is refurbing someone old when they had a chance to launch a new career out of this.
    I wish him nothing but luck in the future. Because with a name like Curtis Axel he's going to need it. If the wwe is going to play the name game and build off the past they should have done something with the name Henning.
    Updated 05-23-2013 at 05:04 AM by body slam
    Quote Originally Posted by body slam
    I wish him nothing but luck in the future. Because with a name like Curtis Axel he's going to need it. If the wwe is going to play the name game and build off the past they should have done something with the name Henning.
    Agree - even a shave and better name..... Hell even play off "Mr Perfect". if you are going to "remake" a wrestler you do something to boost them.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.