View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

Booking the perfect SummerSlam card

Rate this Entry
The "Biggest Party of the Summer" hits Los Angeles for the fifth straight year as SummerSlam commences on Sunday, August 18th at the Staples Center.

And so, what should be the perfect SummerSlam card? Here's what I think should happen:

PRE-SHOW MATCH
INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
KOFI KINGSTON VS. WADE BARRETT
This seems like a possible feud as I expect Kingston to lose the United States Championship to Dean Ambrose at Extreme Rules this Sunday while I see Barrett retain against The Miz perhaps at Payback on Sunday, June 16th.

IRON MAN MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
JOHN CENA VS. CM PUNK
The Voice of the Voiceless is expected to return sometime in June as I look for Punk to reignite his feud against Cena and what better match than an Iron Man match where the Superstar with the most pins in 60 minutes is declared the winner!

UNDERTAKER & KANE VS. THE SHIELD
WWE's love affair with part-timers returns at SummerSlam when it is expected that The Undertaker will reteam with his tag team partner Kane to take on The Shield in a 3-on-2 handicap match.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
RANDY ORTON VS. BIG SHOW
I expect Orton to become the new World Heavyweight Champion perhaps as early as Payback when he is expected to defeat Dolph Ziggler. This will set up a potential match against one of Vince McMahon's favorites, The Big Show!

TWELVE-MAN TAG TEAM ELIMINATION MATCH TO DETERMINE THE SMACKDOWN GM
TEAM BOOKER T (SHEAMUS, ALBERTO DEL RIO, THE MIZ, SIN CARA, THE GREAT KHALI, & CHRIS JERICHO) VS. TEAM TEDDY (MARK HENRY, DOLPH ZIGGLER, DANIEL BRYAN, RYBACK, DAMIEN SANDOW, & FANDANGO)
This feud between Booker T and Teddy Long will happen when Booker T returns from injury later this month which will culminate with this 12-man tag team match with the winning team's captain becoming the GM of SmackDown.

Submit "Booking the perfect SummerSlam card" to Digg Submit "Booking the perfect SummerSlam card" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking the perfect SummerSlam card" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking the perfect SummerSlam card" to Google

Updated 05-17-2013 at 08:38 PM by Dashing Rachel

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I guess it's a decent card...what I wonder about is the fact that guys like ADR, Miz, and Ziggler can be used a little better than a huge tag match. Also, I didn't see Swagger on the card and he's one of the best heels right now. And in the big tag match, you have wrestlers who are rivaling right now, like Jericho and Fandango, and ADR & Ziggler, and those rivalries will probably be long over by the time SS comes around.
    Orton vs Big Show is a money match? not! Waited all this time for Ziggler to win the big one and you think Orton who has had the title like 10x needs to win it again? WWE needs something fresh like Dolph. Not something boring we've had 10x before.

I'm glad you don't book the shows.....LOL!

How many times has Kofi/Barrett faced? That is the only man Barrett defeated in his last IC title run. Give me something new and fresh for crying out loud.

Punk vs Cena for the WWE title 3 years straight.....genius!!

You wanna know why Survivor Series isn't as big as the other in the big 4? The original concept of 5 vs 5 team never means a damn thing. Why would you book that for Summerslam?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJarvis100
    How about this Summerslam card

WWE Championship Triple threat match
    John Cena (c) vs The Rock vs CM Punk

The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

World Heavyweight Championship
    Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Daniel Bryan

6 Man Tag Team match
    The Shield vs Alberto Del Rio,Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara

Sheamus vs Randy Orton

Intercontinental Championship
    The Miz (c) vs Fandango

Ryback vs Christian

Pre Show
    Divas Championship
    AJ Lee (c) vs Natayla
    Good idea.
    CM Punk's return during = WWE title: John Cena (C) vs Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman

World title: Dolph Ziggler (C) vs Randy Orton

Tag titles: Shield (C) vs Taker/Kane

Divas title: AJ (C) vs Natalya

IC title: Fandango (C) vs Daniel Bryan

6 Pack Challenge = US title: Dean Ambrose (C) vs Sheamus vs Jack Swagger vs Del Rio vs Mark Henry vs Miz

Chris Jericho vs Ryback

Wade Barrett vs Big Show
    Updated 05-18-2013 at 10:33 PM by TheGreatOne (spacing)
    I actually like the idea of an Iron Man match between Cena/Punk.

As for the World Title, Ziggler VS Orton is something I'd wanna see.

WWE Tag Team Championship: Kane & The Undertaker VS The Shield.

US Championship Match: Ambrose/Cesaro
    Updated 05-18-2013 at 12:12 AM by bryanb1306 (Adding more to it)
    Stop smoking weed
    My card is clearly the best and the most intelligent!
    Why would you have Ziggler drop the belt to Orton only for Orton to fued with the guy whos is fueding with now?
    Whats with the random IC fatal 4-way and us title triple threat
    Dont think I like the thought of Kane & Taker going after the tag titles
    Barrett vs Big Show (2 heels that i dont see turning face anytime soon)
    Hopefully Punk will be on the actuall card instead of just doing a run in
    When do they ever do matches as exciting as a 4-way tag on a pre show!?
    A gm fued was done just lasy year ending with a big tag match,why do it again,especially with main event guys,would be a waist of time putting ephasis on Booker & Teddy.
    AND Summerslam has only had 6 or 7 matches last 3 years on the main card due to it being a big PPV so the matches are usually longer and still only 3 hours.S.Series has only 6 matches usually now, B PPVs almost always have at least 8 matches sometimes 9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.