View RSS Feed

ColoradoDude

My Top Ten from my lifetime...

Rating: 4 votes, 2.50 average.
So, this is my first post --- I read another blogger's post and figured that making a top ten list would be an easy and good place to start.

I am not going way back before my life. I was born in 1984, so all of these selections basically come from 1990-today. I've been a wrestling fan since I was a kid...

10. Sting
WCW and TNA are lucky to have a guy like Sting represent them. He has great character and tells a great story in the ring. He'd be higher up if he faced some of the WWE guys of the past 10 years.

9. Kurt Angle
The first time I actually realized how good he really is was in his WrestleMania 21 match with HBK. He obviously has a fantastic skill-set coming from the Olympics, but he is great at making an audience love him or hate him. Kurt gives his all each match and I find him fun to watch.

8. CM Punk
I honestly don't know if there has ever been a performer who can be so liked when being the "bad guy." His mic skills are top notch, he can wrestle with the best of them, and his attitude relates to a lot of fans.

7. Bret Hart
I can't stand the man. I make fun of him constantly and hate when he opens his mouth. I believe him to be delusional, pompous, and pathetic...however, he was a great wrestler. His technical wrestling ability was top notch and I don't believe I saw many bad matches.

6. Kevin Nash
There simply wasn't a better big man in the business. He had the look, the skill, and the presence to command your attention. Heck, when he appear these days on camera, I am still captivated....and he isn't even wrestling. Diesel/Nash/Big Sexy - whatever you want to call him - he was truly great.

5. Edge
The thing I love about Edge is that he was constantly innovating, changing, and morphing into a new era/stage of his career. I never saw a bad match from him and I don't believe that anyone played the "villain" role better than him. His "live sex show" was outrageous but hit a nerve with fans. Still bummed that the 'Rated-R Superstar' had to hang his boots up.

4. Randy Savage
Anytime I hear his music I remember some great times in my childhood - whether it was his 'Mega-Powers' days or his 'Macho-King' gimmick or his commercials with 'Slim-Jim,' I was always thoroughly entertained. Who can forget the flying elbow drop?

3. Ric Flair
Woooooooooooo! The 'Nature Boy.' I loved everything he ever did - The 4 Horsemen, Evolution, his feuds with Sting & Hogan in WCW, and his last run in WWE. The figure-four was to be feared. Best promos ever.

2. Shawn Michaels
I have always been an HBK fan. His early days with Jannetty were fun, but when he threw Marty's head through the barbershop window, I was hooked. From his days with Sensational Sherri to DX to his born again Christian run, Shawn Michaels was the best in-ring performer I have ever watched. If I had to pick one guy to watch for the rest of my life, I'd pick Shawn.

1. Hulk Hogan
Yes, I am still a 'Hulkamaniac.' He wasn't the best in-ring performer and he's not the best on the mic, but he was the one that got me interested in this great sport. I said my prayers and ate my vitamins. I hated him when he went to the nWo. I cheered him when he returned to tag with Edge. I still am cheering him on with TNA. Hogan was the first to transcend the business. Yes, others worked just as hard if not harder, but Hogan paved the way for the Rock, Austin, and Cena.

Now to address who I left off....
  • The Rock --- I simply don't like him. He left the business and I loathe what he did this last time out.
  • Steve Austin --- I love wrestling being edgy, but I always thought that Austin took it a bit far for my tastes. Great entertainer, just not my cup of tea.
  • John Cena --- I am sick of the Incredible Hulk routine. I respect his hard work, but I am just not a huge fan at the end of the day.
  • Undertaker --- The WrestleMania predictability ruined him for me.

Submit "My Top Ten from my lifetime..." to Digg Submit "My Top Ten from my lifetime..." to del.icio.us Submit "My Top Ten from my lifetime..." to StumbleUpon Submit "My Top Ten from my lifetime..." to Google

Updated 05-16-2013 at 09:19 PM by ColoradoDude

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDude
    Seriously? You actually think Taker will lose? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Blah blah blah. You talk out of your ass about Hogan. Learn to read - I gave an explanation of why I ranked them where I did. I also explained why I left off your heroes.
    I actually thought you could take my opinion the same way I did, but no.

You are telling me to read when you clearly didn't even read by yourself. The thing about Undertaker is that I was not seeing the match as "Undertaker will win this time". Because of the storyline that was played out and the storytelling in the ring I was 60/40 in favour of Undertaker winning the match.

Very classy of you trying to ignore my opinion, did I touch a wrong spot?
    As I said I have never been a fan of my so called "heroes" but in my opinion they did more to the wrestling business than Hogan did and therefore I respect them.

And again this is your blog with your list with your own opinion. Don't forget that the comment section is there for us who wants to share our opinion about different topics.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyno535
    I actually thought you could take my opinion the same way I did, but no.

You are telling me to read when you clearly didn't even read by yourself. The thing about Undertaker is that I was not seeing the match as "Undertaker will win this time". Because of the storyline that was played out and the storytelling in the ring I was 60/40 in favour of Undertaker winning the match.

Very classy of you trying to ignore my opinion, did I touch a wrong spot?
    As I said I have never been a fan of my so called "heroes" but in my opinion they did more to the wrestling business than Hogan did and therefore I respect them.

And again this is your blog with your list with your own opinion. Don't forget that the comment section is there for us who wants to share our opinion about different topics.
    And it's here for me to reply to you too.

I didn't ignore your opinion. I obviously just disagree. I already stated my reasoning.
    My top ten would be:

9/10. Bradshaw and Farooq as the APA
    8. Mark Henry
    7. Taker
    6. Jericho
    5. Booker T
    4. Mysterio
    3. Rock
    2. Foley
    1. Austin
    -Honorable mention of Goldberg, Mike Awesome, RVD, DDP and AJ
    Your a fukin cunt. No steve austin, undertaker or even the steiner recliner!
    Benoit. Eddie guerrero. Mr perfect. Aj styles
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.