View RSS Feed

ozfan

OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Nexus reunion?

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. I am back with another opinion of mine. I feel as if though The Shield have beaten EVERYONE they have come across. The only one they havent really beaten is Triple H. They have beaten the teams of:
- Ryback, Kane and Daniel Bryan
- John Cena, Sheamus and Ryback
- Ryback, Sheamus and Chris Jericho
- Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus
- Kane, Daniel Bryan and Undertaker
- John Cena, Kane and Daniel Bryan

Plus they have left The Rock, The Great Khali and many others lying on their backs on many occasions...

So one question: Who can finally defeat The Shield?

I was thinking a group that knows how this sort of stuff works. A group that left people in their paths lying on their back. I was thinking The Nexus. Which former Nexus members could actually be capable of knocking off The Shield?

[B]CM Punk -[/B] Punk has not been a victim of a Shield attack just yet. I think he could be a potential saviour upon returning. Punk could easily match up to the speed of Seth Rollins.

[B]Wade Barrett -[/B] Here is a guy who I think could easily match up to the quickness and strength of Roman Reigns.

[B]Justin Gabriel -[/B] He has the speed, agility and striking ability to match up to Dean Ambrose. He could be the guy to actually finish it all with his 450 Splash.

Even if it was just for one night, a possible reunion of The Nexus could potentially help out away The Shield. I think this would be a good idea for a storyline. If this happens, it would be good to see this happen at WWE's newest upcoming Pay Per View, 'Payback'.

[B]Six Man Tornado Tag Team match
No Holds Barred[/B]
The Shield (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose) vs. The Nexus (CM Punk, Wade Barrett & Justin Gabriel)

[B]Winners: The Nexus (Gabriel pins Shield member via 450 Splash)

[/B]I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED THAT. LEAVE YOUR OWN OPINIONS BELOW BUT PLEASE....[B][U]NO[/U][/B] HATE!

Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Nexus reunion?" to Digg Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Nexus reunion?" to del.icio.us Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Nexus reunion?" to StumbleUpon Submit "OO: Ozfan's Opinion - Nexus reunion?" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    They have also beaten on
    Justin Gabriel,Zack Ryder & Great Khali on Raw
    Kofi Kingston,Brodus Clay & Tensai on Main Event
    Kofi Kingston & The Usos on Raw
    I don't like your idea, as Nexus was never that big of a deal. You wanna bring back Justin Gabriel ? That guy was pretty good when he debuted, but he is buried a little too much at this point to be considered any threat to The Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJarvis100
    They have also beaten on
    Justin Gabriel,Zack Ryder & Great Khali on Raw
    Kofi Kingston,Brodus Clay & Tensai on Main Event
    Kofi Kingston & The Usos on Raw
    Notice that at the beginning of the post, I said '...and many others lying on their backs'
    Quote Originally Posted by Current Business
    I don't like your idea, as Nexus was never that big of a deal. You wanna bring back Justin Gabriel ? That guy was pretty good when he debuted, but he is buried a little too much at this point to be considered any threat to The Shield.
    Was? He still is good. And yes he has been a bit buried but with his skills in the ring, if this reunion ever did happen, then it would be a good way to build him back up again. Plus I'm not saying it would be for a while, I was thinking more along the lines of a 'one night only' reunion.
    This was a very enjoyable blog to read. I actually really like this concept but I wouldn't book it the same way you did.
    When you look at the old Nexus, all of the guys are still with WWE except for Michael Tarver. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Ryback (Skip Sheffield) have all had major success since the group disbanded. I actually enjoy Slater and think he makes a great jobber. Meanwhile, I am not giving up on Darren Young b/c I think he and Titus O'Neil have the potential to be a great tag-team. However, Justin Gabriel and David Otunga are completely irrelevant. Likewise, Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris (or whatever his name is now) are primarily working in NXT.

So here is what I would do:
    Wade Barrett is attacked by the Shield and is victim of a 3 on 1 attack. He continues to be taken out by the Shield for about 3 weeks. During this time period, the Shield also deliver beatings to Justiin Gabriel and David Otunga. The next time Wade Barrett is attacked by the Shield, Justin Gabriel and David Otunga come to his aid. Ultimately, a 6 man tag is booked at the PPV. During the match, Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris come to the ring and attack the Shield. This leads to a 5 on 3 attack with the Shield left knocked out. Afterwards, Barrett gestures toward the crowd and it is revealed that he has now reformed the Nexus with these guys.
    The Barrett Barrage and the bare knuckle boxer gimmick are just not working in my opinion. I thought Barrett was much better as the Nexus leader when he was feuding with Cena. Meanwhile, WWE creative has nothing for Gabriel, Otunga, McGillicutty or Harris. I think this would put all 5 guys in a better spot than they are now.
    Could we really call that a Nexus reunion? Yes they were all in the group at one point but when punk took over gabriel and barret weren't in the faction. I know I'm splitting hairs though
    I'd rather see an Evolution Reunion to battle The Shield. Orton, HHH, and Batista (even though Batista isn't around right now). Or a DX Reunion of HHH & New Age Outlaws. Or how about a Legacy reunion with Orton, Rhodes, & Debiase (even though Debiase isn't around right now)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.