View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Superstar: The Rock "I don't want to hate The Rock anymore"

Rate this Entry
A new series simply giving my opinion on a superstar in WWE or TNA. Recently, rumors swirled about The Rock post Wrestlemania Raw. He apparently got hurt during his match with John Cena at Wrestlemania 29. He went home without telling anyone at 3 pm in the afternoon which caused everyone to go nuts to re-write Raw because he was scheduled to be part of a segment w/Brock Lesnar. A match that was rumored to happen either at Summerslam or WM30. Of course, "The Great One" denies it. I would like to give my opinion on that situation and more on 1 of my all-time favorite wrestlers. So what do I think about The Rock supposedly walking out on the company again?:

Let me start out by saying I believe The Rock. Why? I want to believe The Rock because I don't want to hate The Rock anymore. I'm tired of hating one of my all-time favorites. If The Rock says he talked to Vince, Cena, HHH, Punk the night of Mania after his match....I believe him!! Why shouldn't someone take the mans word? Because they want to believe the negative because they want to hate The Rock. Whether it is true or not....Rock did more good for WWE than bad. He wrestled more than 1 match. That is more than I expected out of the Rock. I didn't expect him to come back after WM28, but he did. Every single word that comes out of The Rock's mouth is taken and twisted. You remember when he first appeared after the long stint off WWE TV? He stated that he would never leave WWE again. Did anyone really believe he would be on 52 Raws? I didn't take it that seriously as everyone else did.

When Rock started to do movies, I didn't know he took time off to do them. I thought he was actually hurt when he was taken off tv. I never did watch the mummy movies, but I did see a decent amount of his movies. Nothing recently though. When he first left, I was upset because his entertainment was unlike any others in WWE. I wanted him on WWE TV entertaining me. The Rock had that transition of using his real name rather than being called "The Rock". Have interviews that left me asking "why Rock why" acting as if he was too good for WWE. However, after watching his documentry, I know why he did it. He did it to make it on his own. That is also why he left. What left did he really have to accomplish in the WWE? He is a 7 time WWE/world champion. His body would have been more beat up, had about the same amount of world title reigns as HHH, among other things. Rock did his job though, he lost a lot of big matches. vs Lesnar, Goldberg, Booker T in battle royal, vs Evolution.

All I wanted from The Rock was 1 match to give back to the WWE. He gave me more than I ever imagined from him. As they say time, heels wounds. I don't want to hate The Rock anymore nor do I want to. I don't want to hate him anymore. If his last match was at Wrestlemania 29, so be it. He gave back to the business he helped built and whom helped him become what he is today. Should we be upset that Rock is done wrestling and that he has wrestled his last match? Wasn't it the same critics complaining when Rock beat Punk and whining because he is in the main event of Wrestlemania? You shouldn't be upset about it. If you are upset about the stupid situation that may or may not be made up? Several other talents have did that or have done worse in the past. Stone Cold Steve Austin did that being an active talent on the roster while being advertised for several events. WWE had several bios, promos on RAW and SD, and promos on that situation. Do you hate Austin for that? They had to do more than rewrite Raw, but live events and even ppvs advertising Austin vs Eddie Guerrero than Brock Lesnar. Didn't even attend that years King of the Ring.

It really depends on the person on what you want to believe. I know when I look back on a guys like Rock or Austin, I want to be happy instead of giving some kind of reaction.....I hate him cuz he walked out on WWE post WM29 Raw. What dream matches are left? Me personally, really only 2 left I want to see....Rock vs Orton or HBK. I figure HBK one won't happen for obvious reasons. Plus, rumor says Stone Cold could be returning at WM30 just like at WM29, 28, 25, amog others. I don't want Rock vs Brock or Rock vs Taker. If he happens to have had his last match at WM29, I get 1 last Stone Cold match in return.....see ya....LOL! I'd rather have Stone Cold vs Punk or Austin than Rock having some stupid rematch. Thanks for the memories Rock and thanks for giving back to the business that helped make you. See ya either during your next big match or certainly your HOF induction.

Do you agree or disagree with my opinion? What is your opinion on The Rock or simply the situation? Leave that in the comment section below. Thanks for reading.

Upcoming blogs: *subject to change
My View: TNA
Booking Challenge: TNA Slammiversary
Top 10 moments: TNA Slammiversary
Superstar: John Cena

Submit "Superstar: The Rock "I don't want to hate The Rock anymore"" to Digg Submit "Superstar: The Rock "I don't want to hate The Rock anymore"" to del.icio.us Submit "Superstar: The Rock "I don't want to hate The Rock anymore"" to StumbleUpon Submit "Superstar: The Rock "I don't want to hate The Rock anymore"" to Google

Comments

Interesting blog about your feelings & thoughts on The Rock. Let me lay somethings out as first off, I think people have never gotten over the fact that The Rock was suppose to be the long term face of the WWE but chose a film career instead in which left the WWE with John Cena as their face. In all honesty, who wouldn't chose a film career over being a wrestler. I think many in the wrestling industry are simply jealous because The Rock has done something that no wrestler or athlete for that matter has done. Now throughout your blog you make some seriously valid points like The Rock saying "He would never leave again" as I think people truly took that line way out of content. When The Rock returned he never intended to be a full-timer wrestler again. Hell, why should he? He's a proven bona-fide A-List actor who has a long career in film (& television) then he does in the WWE. The simple truth of the matter is...The Rock doesn't need WWE & hasn't needed the WWE in the past 7 years he was gone. The Rock came back because he wanted to comeback because wrestling is in his blood & he loves the live crowd interaction experience (in all truthfulness). The Rock coming back was a HUGE benefit to the WWE from all aspects from business to marketing to fan appeal (that's a fact). As for the "walkout" situation? The Rock DIDN'T technically walkout on the company & people who say that are either ignorant or misguided. Truth be told, The Rock was significantly injuried with torn tendons ripped from his pelvis & 3 hernias near the groin area according to The Rock (hell, the man had surgery because of it). Sorry but he was in the right to leave let alone with 3 hernias, I'm suprised the guy could walk out of the ring after his match. Him not appearing at the post-Wrestlemania Raw had more to do with the long term then the short term in terms of his health & career. I don't blame The Rock in putting himself first in the matter. He's been risking his acting career everytime he steps foot into a match. Now, do I think The Rock is done with the WWE or had his last match? No! Acutally, he is scheduled to return in the fall to promote the new WWE video game as he's on the cover & it was part of his WWE deal. I think The Rock will be back for at least one more match as well whether it's with WWE's choice of Lesnar or The Rock's choice of Taker...that's to be determined. Personally, I would like a Rock vs. Brock match as I would like to see Rock get a win over Lesnar as their first match was a "push-over match" for Lesnar let alone WWE could create a intriguing storyline with the match very easily. The marketing appeal of the match would be a major attraction on various levels alone. There are only two men The Rock has never beaten & that's Lesnar & Goldberg (which was joke to begin with.) As for your dream match scenarios you mentioned, HBK & Rock will never happen because of personal matters between the two as HBK & HHH tried over the years to bury The Rock behind-the-scenes & Rock & HHH's relationship have been on uneasy grounds for years & from reports that is part of the problematic tension between the WWE & The Rock now. You won't see either Orton & Rock be in a match because of personal differences mainly because neither man wants to take the fall & Orton is one of the individuals displeased with Rock's return from the start. No, you can't compare Cena & Rock's relationship to those two other relationships as their differences stem from mainly ego but their is a mutual respect between the two & they are cordial behind-the-scenes even Cena has stood up for The Rock's return & has degraded the locker room talent in the process on various levels. In the end, The Rock will return & "Bring It" for his final farewell in the wrestling world with his retirement match & will get the proper send off like he should. Following The Rock will without question be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in the very near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by CULTOFPERSONALITY
    Interesting blog about your feelings & thoughts on The Rock. Let me lay somethings out as first off, I think people have never gotten over the fact that The Rock was suppose to be the long term face of the WWE but chose a film career instead in which left the WWE with John Cena as their face. In all honesty, who wouldn't chose a film career over being a wrestler. I think many in the wrestling industry are simply jealous because The Rock has done something that no wrestler or athlete for that matter has done. Now throughout your blog you make some seriously valid points like The Rock saying "He would never leave again" as I think people truly took that line way out of content. When The Rock returned he never intended to be a full-timer wrestler again. Hell, why should he? He's a proven bona-fide A-List actor who has a long career in film (& television) then he does in the WWE. The simple truth of the matter is...The Rock doesn't need WWE & hasn't needed the WWE in the past 7 years he was gone. The Rock came back because he wanted to comeback because wrestling is in his blood & he loves the live crowd interaction experience (in all truthfulness). The Rock coming back was a HUGE benefit to the WWE from all aspects from business to marketing to fan appeal (that's a fact). As for the "walkout" situation? The Rock DIDN'T technically walkout on the company & people who say that are either ignorant or misguided. Truth be told, The Rock was significantly injuried with torn tendons ripped from his pelvis & 3 hernias near the groin area according to The Rock (hell, the man had surgery because of it). Sorry but he was in the right to leave let alone with 3 hernias, I'm suprised the guy could walk out of the ring after his match. Him not appearing at the post-Wrestlemania Raw had more to do with the long term then the short term in terms of his health & career. I don't blame The Rock in putting himself first in the matter. He's been risking his acting career everytime he steps foot into a match. Now, do I think The Rock is done with the WWE or had his last match? No! Acutally, he is scheduled to return in the fall to promote the new WWE video game as he's on the cover & it was part of his WWE deal. I think The Rock will be back for at least one more match as well whether it's with WWE's choice of Lesnar or The Rock's choice of Taker...that's to be determined. Personally, I would like a Rock vs. Brock match as I would like to see Rock get a win over Lesnar as their first match was a "push-over match" for Lesnar let alone WWE could create a intriguing storyline with the match very easily. The marketing appeal of the match would be a major attraction on various levels alone. There are only two men The Rock has never beaten & that's Lesnar & Goldberg (which was joke to begin with.) As for your dream match scenarios you mentioned, HBK & Rock will never happen because of personal matters between the two as HBK & HHH tried over the years to bury The Rock behind-the-scenes & Rock & HHH's relationship have been on uneasy grounds for years & from reports that is part of the problematic tension between the WWE & The Rock now. You won't see either Orton & Rock be in a match because of personal differences mainly because neither man wants to take the fall & Orton is one of the individuals displeased with Rock's return from the start. No, you can't compare Cena & Rock's relationship to those two other relationships as their differences stem from mainly ego but their is a mutual respect between the two & they are cordial behind-the-scenes even Cena has stood up for The Rock's return & has degraded the locker room talent in the process on various levels. In the end, The Rock will return & "Bring It" for his final farewell in the wrestling world with his retirement match & will get the proper send off like he should. Following The Rock will without question be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in the very near future.
    Well, Rock did say that was one of the top 3 opponents he wanted to face during the HOF induction ceremony. HBK was one of them along with Rey Mysterio and of course John Cena. I thought there was tension there as well, but him stating that publicly on stage tells me he would be open to it. HBK is retired though and he wants it to stay that way. So, that is why I figure it won't happen. Orton vs Rock would be cool simply because they are both 3rd generation superstars and have crossed paths on a handful of occassions on tv. Won't bother me if neither happen....just the top 2 I want to see.
    I never understood why people hate The Rock, for quite a few reasons you mention. I don't care if he returns or stays away though, creatively it was a weak return and I'd rather see younger guys get a chance to shine.

It's funny. Quite a few people bitchin on Rock for really walking out because he's injured and fed up after a bad Mania and dumb future storylines (who has any long term gain with Brock vs Rock?), are always cheering when Phil Brooks threatens to walk out. In the end though: CM Punk will return until he can't go anymore, whilst Rock really has other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marx
    I never understood why people hate The Rock, for quite a few reasons you mention. I don't care if he returns or stays away though, creatively it was a weak return and I'd rather see younger guys get a chance to shine.

It's funny. Quite a few people bitchin on Rock for really walking out because he's injured and fed up after a bad Mania and dumb future storylines (who has any long term gain with Brock vs Rock?), are always cheering when Phil Brooks threatens to walk out. In the end though: CM Punk will return until he can't go anymore, whilst Rock really has other options.
    I did care if he came back for 1 more match after that long absense. Do I want to see Rock again....maybe promos, special events like Raw 1500, and just for those dream matches. Not for those rematches he had in the past. I think it would be a positive either way he goes if it is to put over Orton or have that dream match vs HBK or simply be done with wrestling inside the squared circle.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.