View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

The problems facing WWE today

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
For many years, the WWE has been the de facto wrestling promotion with its many adoring fans, high octane action, and larger-than-life Superstars. However, the WWE has been criticized by the IWC as I try to decipher in my latest blog:

Too many jobber entrances. Unless your name is either John Cena or CM Punk, the number of jobber entrances (it's when the Superstar is already in the ring as his entrance theme is being played) have increased as of late. It's gotten really bad when RAW made the switch to a three-hour format last July thanks to the WWE focusing more on in-ring promos, backstage segments, recaps, movie trailers, and social media.

Too much focus on social media. ​Speaking of WWE's increased use of social media, WWE's love affair for social media was when they replaced non-televised pre-show dark matches with pre-shows which were shown on WWE's official website, YouTube, and Facebook. The online pre-shows became a hit and inspired the WWE to be social media savvy. As a result of WWE's obsession towards social media, WWE's brand Extension was discontinued as a result.

Disappearing divas matches. You noticed that the Divas have pretty much been relegated to competing on WWE Superstars, Saturday Morning Slam, and non-televised dark matches? That's because most of the divas (with the exceptions of either A.J. or Vickie Guerrero) get no reaction from the WWE Universe and are used as bathroom/snack breaks.

Mid-carders getting lost in the shuffle. Remember when Cody Rhodes was one of the longest-reigning Intercontinental Champions of all time? Well, he's now an afterthought as he is being relegated to WWE Superstars, Saturday Morning Slam, and the jobber to the stars. And Rhodes is not alone: guys like Kofi Kingston, Damien Sandow, The Miz, R-Truth, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Sin Cara, and 3MB are all being buried as they too hardly get a reaction from the WWE Universe.

Big names being overpushed.
What do guys like John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Big Show, Sheamus, Kane, and Daniel Bryan all have in common? Well, they are all Superstars who just so happen to be very over with the WWE Universe which is why charisma always comes first and talent second. With Vince McMahon having no faith in the rest of the roster, part-time (but marketable) Superstars such as The Rock, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, and The Undertaker were called to compete at WrestleMania 29 in a last-ditch effort to give WrestleMania 29 ​more buys and drawing power, something that guys like Justin Gabriel and JTG don't have.

Submit "The problems facing WWE today" to Digg Submit "The problems facing WWE today" to del.icio.us Submit "The problems facing WWE today" to StumbleUpon Submit "The problems facing WWE today" to Google

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That is correct. The WWE Universe only wants to see John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, CM Punk, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, and to some extent, Sheamus, Big Show, Kane, Daniel Bryan, and Dolph Ziggler. They don't want to see the likes of Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, The Miz, Wade Barrett, and the divas.
    I have to say Dashing Rachel, this is the best blog I have seen you type. And the whole social media deal just turns our 3 hour Raw back into 2 hours. I mean when Raw was going to be 3 hours, I expected more time for stars to get pushed, and storylines to grow. I was wrong. Again, well done the blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    I have to say Dashing Rachel, this is the best blog I have seen you type. And the whole social media deal just turns our 3 hour Raw back into 2 hours. I mean when Raw was going to be 3 hours, I expected more time for stars to get pushed, and storylines to grow. I was wrong. Again, well done the blog.
    Thanks!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.