View RSS Feed

RatedRKO

My Fantasy WWE

Rate this Entry
Every Monday and Friday Night i look forward to see what Vince Mcmahon and his creative team has in store for RAW and Smackdown. Honestly, if you read my last blog, you would have known that I was very dissapointed in the way things are functioning currently in the WWE. You should go take a look at it. It's a good read. Underutilized talent, and carelessness are just some of the problems of what they have. Lately i have been having dreams of what the perfect WWE would be like and I thought that i should share them with you today and I hope you appreciate my ideas.

Okay, let's get the obvious out of the way. Every member of the IWC wants a John Cena heel turn. It's that simple. What people don't realize about Cena, however, is that he consistently draws more heat than any of the heels on the roster and that's saying something considering he is a face. What's the job of a heel? To generate heat and Cena does that well. Only problem is that his behavior is not one of a heel. If he turned heel, it would be bigger than Hogan or Austin's turns and that's a guarantee. You think's he drawing real heat now? Imagine him as a heel. Beating up people mercilessly, using the cheap way out to win, and cutting heel promos. I think i just tinkled. Many people were expecting this to happen at WrestleMania 29, but, obviously enough, it did not happen. It probbably never will considering that Cena already said he wouldn't work as a heel. There's that plan out the window.

Imagine a faction of CM Punk, The Shield, and Brock Lesnar managed by Paul Heyman. Would you guys even begin to fathom how powerful that group would be? You have the best pound-for-pound wrestler in WWE in CM Punk, the greatest athlete to ever step foot in a ring with Brock Lesnar, and the undefeated Shield. With Paul Heyman, the greatest manager in WWE History, they would dominate the WWE for months upon months. You could go as far as to say that they could be the new NWO, even though hopefully we all know how the last one turned out. Random people were thrown in there like Scot Hall, Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels and even the late Booker T. If this group were to form, i guarantee you that they would become the hottest thing in WWE and one of the greatest factions ever formed in the history of WWE.

Now i don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but WWE needs to cut social media. I understand they try to get more exposure out into the economy but let's face it, nobody cares. If some fat, stupid, crosseyed wrestling fan from Madison, Wisconsin tells me his two cents about WWE and his predictions, I would not care. No one cares. So why, I ask, is it put on television for everyone to see. He gets 15 seconds of fame, and that's more than what a third of the WWE roster gets in an entire week! You see all those twitter things at the bottom left of the screen to see what's trending? I am not going to sit there and go on my computer to go on my Twitter (follow me at @TheRichReality) to see that Hornswoggle is trending. I don't need to see all the Twitter photos and all of that. Oh yea, what's a Social Media Embassador? Do we really care what celebrity comments on their twitter account during the show? We can check that out another time. This is just one issue of the three-hour format, for empty minutes like this. Honestly. It irritates me.

How about them filler matches huh? When we hear WOO WOO WOO, YOU KNOW IT!, we know its Zack Ryder. Unfortunately, we also know that he is going to lose the match. That much is pretty obvious. I need someone to tell me when's the last time he won the match that wasn't a dark match. What about The Great Khali and Hornswoggle. Is this even a tag team? They don't matter. Hornswoggle needs to just go back into his pot of gold and Khali needs to retire. Why are they still here? What about Tons of Funk? Two fat men running in the ring and landing on their opponents. Why? Just why? It turns out every Diva match now is a filler segment. Now clearly, they need their matches but their matches are always greeted with quiteness and the whole crowd cheers when the match is over. Heck, Kaitlyn doesn't even get a televised entrance anymore. Remember when Eve had one? Yea. My dream is no more fillers, social media garbage and lackluster matches. Make every moment of Monday Night Raw mean something.

Another part of my dream is a dream for no more repetitive matches. This past year, I am going to list you some matches you probbably have seen more than twice already:

Randy Orton vs Wade Barrett
Randy Orton vs Antonio Cesaro
Sheamus vs Damien Sandow
Sheamus vs Wade Barrett
Damien Sandow vs R-Truth
Antonio Cesaro vs R-Truth
Antonio Cesaro vs Miz
Mark Henry vs The Great Khali
Sheamus/Randy Orton vs 3MB, or any single member
Ryback vs Antonio Cesaro
Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kinston
Dolph Ziggler vs Ryback
The Great Khali/Hornswoggle vs Primo and Epico
Kane and Daniel Bryan vs Prime Time Players

I have been paying attention to these things and I do not like them one bit. Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro keep getting buried by Randy Orton or Sheamus. The IC and US Titles are now essentially worthless because they can't even win a match. And guess what, most of them aren't even title matches. If The Great Khali can beat both Primo and Epico in a handicap match in under two minutes, why make the match again with Hornswoggle? Does that change anything? Well, it does make the Tag Team Division look incredibly weak. Why is Mark Henry able to beat up Khali in one instance, and the following week all of a sudden be afraid of him? Inconsistency at its finest folks. These repetitive matches need to stop because they mean nothing. Absolutely nothing. Cesaro, Barrett and Dolph Ziggler in particular are the ones that look very weak. And all of them are champions/former champions. Bad booking. Really bad.

Randy Orton needs to turn heel, and he needs to do it now. I can't put it any plainer. I know that the Smackdown roster is lacking all the main babyfaces but Orton just isn't working as a face. He does not wrestle for cheers. He is a natural heel and is a Number 2 guy in the WWE when he is at its best. This is the man that kicked Vince in the head (a feel-good moment for me), the man who DDT'd Triple H's wife and then kissed her as well as give her an RKO. This is the man that spit on Mick Foley's face and nearly killed the Undertaker and now we are supposed to believe that we forget all of that and take him seriously as a face. He just doesn't look that into it in his matches, especially seen by his awkward clotheslines. The fact of the matter is he needs a character change and quickly.

Why does WWE go by the status quo of make someone a heel and then make him a coward? Honestly. Ryback, one week, attacks Cena and destroys him. Then he is all of a sudden afraid of a man who looks up to him. Why? Why everyone who faces main-event stars like Cena become a coward when they are a bad guy. Can't we see one heel that isn't afraid to fight and just take domination. It makes them look weak and they can't be taken seriously if they are going to do the same thing every week. Why is Damien Sandow afraid of R-Truth? Is he afraid that he is gonna rap about his promos before every match? That's one thing that just plain annoys me.

Speaking of heels, has anyone noticed that the heels are the ones starting to get cheered more than the faces? There is always a collection of people who cheer top-tier heels like CM Punk or Dolph Ziggler or The Shield. There's a reason for that. There's a reason why guys like Wade Barrett was cheered in front of the New York Crowd and wanted him to beat babyface Miz.They are exciting and makes WWE fans come back every week. Not the good guys. The WWE's top level faces are either bland or just plain reptitive. Orton is not being used to the best of his ability because he is a natural heel. Cena, is well, typical Cena. Sheamus is just thrown into random feuds at a time. Del Rio doesn't have that "it" factor that makes fans want to see him again. There is really no faces that can bring crowds back for exciting television because it is the heels that pick up the slack. Heels aren't supposed to be cheered so clearly that's a problem. You would think that creative would have figured this out by now. But i guess Vince Mcmahon's 69 year old fried out brain isn't up to the task. *sigh* Oh well.

Another thing that needs to stop is the backstage interviews with Matt Striker and Josh Matthews. They are so annoying to me. They make every single thing look like a big deal. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have confirmed that Santa Claus is stabalized in the hospital." Give me a break. That's not even discretely funny. And besides, most of the times they are just going to get interrupted by who they are interviewing. After all, everyone wants to hear what John Cena has to say in his backstage interviews, like talking about Antonio Cesaro's nipples, or talking about Matt Striker's shirt. It's just so annoying. No more backstage interviews. Oh yea. How many times have we seen SmackDown open with a face and a heel arguing only to have Booker T come out and make a match later on tonight which is pretty predictable? It isn't any better when Teddy Long used to announce that "We're gonna have a tag team match! Holla Holla!"

WWE needs to teach their Divas on how to cut promos and how to make them exciting. But then again, WWE administration is behind all this. They need senior mentors like Kelly Kelly, Lita and Trish Stratus to teach them. Back then, the Divas division was so good, they once MAIN EVENTED RAW. Now Divas are lucky if they even get a five minute match. That is what it has degraded too. Over the past couple of years, we have seen Eve, Kelly Kelly, Beth Pheonix, The Bellas and Kharma leave, all for their own separate reasons. What the divas division needs now is a monster heel like Kharma was. She would have been great but it looks like she is not returning. Ho-hum. No one cares and every groans their face when we announce a Divas match because they are boring. It's a shame because they have talent, but Natalya, a woman who knows how to apply the Sharpshooter, is one who works as the valet ofThe Great Khali and Hornswoggle with a farting issue. AJ Lee is another valet but at least she gets a title shot.Layla attacks opponents with her butt. Cameron and Naomi are cheerleaders. Only AJ Lee and Kaityln can be taken seriously. No one else.Do you see where I am getting at?

WWE has seem to think that we have forgotten about some people that used to be here but is not. Guess who we have not seen in a while. Christian. Yea. I bet many people forgot about him. Captain Charisma. He is easily a top-tier superstar and could give what WWE lacks right now, main-event faces. Seriously. Who is a face that can main-event. I can only think of John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton, Sheamus and The Great Khali (just kidding). I would involve Chris Jericho, Undertaker and Triple H, but they are part-timers. I would add Daniel Bryan, but he is in the Tag Team Division. You see how thin the roster is. Rey Mysterio and Sin cara were poised to win the Tag Titles after they beat the champs in a match but now they are no where to be seen. Neither of them.

I will end with this. Someone needs to fire the creative team with some of the content we see every week on RAW. Why must we sit through filler matches that do not develop storylines or characters but just to give Vince McMahon a few kicks. We get that Khali can't speak English. So why make him try, especially on RAW? I mean come on now. A few chuckles and senseless humor here or there is fine, but all the comedy characters like Santino, Khali, Hornswoggle, 3MB and Team Hell NO needs to stop. Seriously. Can't we be serious for one with these guys. Everyone i just listed has potential (except for Khali and Hornswoggle). This year's generation of wrestling fans are much smarter, so WWE shouldn't be creating storylines that doesn't make any logical sense because fans will catch on. Every word that a certain wrestler says might disregard the thing they said the previous week.

Well, i have tons of more stuff in my dreams but i have limited time so I hoep you liked a tour of my mind a little bit. Thanks for writing and don't forget to write a comment and follow my Twitter (listed already). Farewell for now.

Submit "My Fantasy WWE" to Digg Submit "My Fantasy WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "My Fantasy WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Fantasy WWE" to Google

Updated 04-29-2013 at 03:48 PM by RatedRKO

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have only one disagreement: Bobby Heenan is the greatest manager of all time. Paul Heyman is probably second.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.