View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Top 10 moments in history of Extreme Rules!!

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
It is time to take the top 10 moments to the Extreme!! When thinking about doing this blog, I was thinking about moments from One Night Stand post ECWs of course. Not realizing Extreme Rules really has only had 4 total ppvs at a time. So I'll try to do my best with what I have regardless. Keep it strictly Extreme Rules here. So what are the top 10 moments in the history of Extreme Rules? I thought you'd never ask:

10.Cena vs Lesnar 12-Love, like, or hate John Cena. No one can deny they were pumped for this match. Been waiting for this match since Lesnar left. Lesnar returned post Mania Raw and F5'd Cena in the middle of the ring instead of getting the heel turn that we will likely not get. No pun intended towards Cena's footwear. The man of WWE before he left and became the man in UFC. Finally returned after all the rumors about a return including a match with Taker at WM27. Now challenging thee man in the WWE since he has been gone. Dream match even though it had happened, but Cena wasn't main eventer as of that time. Most anticipated match for me in the history of the Extreme Rules ppv. Hell, a known fact about Cena's move name was because of Lesnar. Well before they changed it to the attitude adjustment which took me a while to get used to. Before the ppv, blood had already spilled on Raw before the ppv in a brawl. Wrestling fans went nuts because blood really isn't as common these days. Attitude adjustment on the steel steps led to Cena's victory.
9.Sheamus ends HHH's career 10-1 of the best feuds Sheamus had was with HHH. Back in 2010, he was young looking to make a mark by competing and beating a future WWE HOF'r. Sheamus made a reputation before he won the WWE title, to end wrestlers career. He ended Noble's and took out Jerry Lawler. That wasn't good enough for respect factor I suppose, but when he ended HHH's career at Extreme Rules. Well we thought, but Sheamus bragged about it afterwards. It surely will be on a future Sheamus DVD if it hasn't already. 1 could argue, biggest accomplishment for Sheamus up to that time.
8.Finish to Mysterio/Jericho match 09-Jericho/Mysterio feud in 2009 was a memorable one. Whether it was Jericho wearing Mysterio mask in the crowd than attack him, IC title matches, or the finish of this match. Rey went for a 619 like normal, but Jericho ripped off his mask. Mysterio covered his face and missed obviously. Pinned there afterward which made it more about the IC title. Mask vs title next ppv and did the same finish, but Mysterio had another mask on. Feud and matches I still enjoy.
7.Dreamers wins "e"cw title 09-For those notice that I didn't just put ECW together simply to say it is WWE's ECW title or entertainment championship wrestling. Now that I stated that, I figure a lot of people reading are going nuts because I'm crapping on WWE. LOL! Any time anyone is anti anything, it feels like there are more supporters than not. Especially if it is anti-boss type of stuff. Early days of the new ECW, I wondered why guys like Dreamer and Sandman weren't used. Got Sabu and RVD which I love, but no Sandman or Dreamer getting oppurtunities to wrestle for the ECW title. Last title he would hold in WWE and he beat Christian for it. He deserved it and lost it shortly after. Shocking as it sounds, Zack Ryder ended his career. I was a supporter of Ryder back than cuz I thought his music was funny. Before the internet show and all that.
6.2out of 3 falls World title 12-WWE heard it when the world title match ended in 18 seconds at WM 28. I give WWE huge props for making this 2 out of 3 falls match to make up for it. Very rarely, WWE receives props for doing good things. They usually just hear the negatives than the positives. Turned out to be 1 of the best matches of the year. Sheamus and Daniel Bryan put on a clinic, but Sheamus retained the world title.
5."The Announcement"-For those who don't remember or know, John Cena made "The Announcement" at Extreme Rules 2011 after winning the WWE title back. What is "The Announcement"? Osama bin Laden had been found and killed by US troops. President Obama was announcing it live on TV. "USA" chants followed after hearing of the breaking news.
4.Kharma debuts 11-Forgive me for saying this, but I believe Kharma had 1 of the best debuts in WWE history. Certainly on the "diva" side of things even though I nor other males would use that term about Kharma. Been waiting for the debut for some time. You see her leading the best women's division in TNA. She was different from any diva or woman you have ever seen in wrestling. Her size was scary. 6 feet and I'd say the scale would be continuing. Don't have any idea how much weight she is, but dream matches she could have across the board. The feuds among other things such as with Beth Phoenix that never happened. The promos leading in with the dolls. Attacking a former long reigning Divas champion in Michelle McCool. Upset to learn she was pregnant which stopped the great momentum they had with the storyline. Never really returned besides the Rumble match. Debut wrestling fans shouldn't forget.
3.Jeff Hardy wins back world title 09-Thoughts of Jeff Hardy finally winning back the world title after losing it at the Royal Rumble that year? "Finally!" Ladder match for the world title: Edge vs Jeff Hardy. How does that sound on a card? The history between the two from the days when they were battling over the tag team titles. The next moment was literally the next moment.....LOL!
2.CM Punk cashes in 09-Thoughts when hearing Punk's music: "You've gotta be kidding me!" I hated CM Punk. I felt at the time, he was handed too much early. 2 MITBs two years in a row especially after that terrible world title reign on Raw the year before. It should have been MVP or Christian. I was furious! It was such a babyface type of moment that was ruined. Punk was a face at the time. Turned out being 1 of the best feuds in the last 5 years. I rank it above Jericho/HBK from 08 as well when I did my list last year. It was that damn good.
1.Christian wins world title 11-Don't want to be homeristic here, but who can blame me. I was upset when former WWE names would jump to TNA in the earlier years, but that is no longer the case now. Early on though, I didn't like it. TNA kept getting better and better when Christian joined. Every year a big name would join the company. TNA during points before Hogan/Bischoff came.....I'd argue it was the better product from top to bottom. I'd look more forward to TNA shows than WWE. Why did it mean so much? I bought in to Christian. I liked Christian and his cocky attitude. I enjoyed the entertainment aspect he brought. His raps about John Cena at the Rumble and Backlash were classic. I still laugh at them now. Him leaving and becoming a top star in TNA proved WWE made a mistake in my eyes by letting him go. Than everything was making Christian turn into a midcard guy and not having meaningful matches. I was so ready for him to come back. People would say he would just be a midcarder in WWE if he would return. Hell, he was midcarder when he was leaving teaming with Rhino. Rhino rode his coattails just like Daniels rides AJ's. Christian was scheduled to return to be the one to take out Jeff Hardy, but they switched to Matt Hardy which was a terrible mistake. I wanted a reunion tag match between those two teams. I also wanted to see Christian vs Edge for the world title at WM. Didn't happen though....however Edge had to retire. Made the world title vacant and Christian faced Del Rio. He finally did it and won the world title in WWE. Than lost the world title on the very next Smackdown. That moment, I decided to stop watching SD and never began watching again for another year. I was that angry by that decision WWE made.

There you have it!! The top 10 moments in the history of Extreme Rules 09-12! Any moments I may have missed or you believe should have been considered? How'd I do? Leave it in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!!

Blogs coming up:
My View: TNA
Booking Challenge: TNA Slammiversary 2013
Superstar: John Cena
Top 10 moments in history of TNA Slammiversary

Submit "Top 10 moments in history of Extreme Rules!!" to Digg Submit "Top 10 moments in history of Extreme Rules!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 10 moments in history of Extreme Rules!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 10 moments in history of Extreme Rules!!" to Google

Comments

This is a great list! I couldn't agree more with the top three spots.
    I love this blog but i would prefer it if it mentioned Zak Ryder interfering in Orton vs Kane 12, i believe that was a great technical match and gave the viper a real boost.
    Sheamus didn't end Triple H's career? The Game still wrestles a few matches a year. This will be his second in a month come Extreme Rules 2013. Hell, I even think he has at least ONE more World Title run in him.

But a great list none the less. I wouldn't exactly put Punk's cash in on the list though. I would put Punk vs. Jericho from last year instead.
    The only other change I would do to the list is 'The Announcement' from John Cena. I would make that No. 1.

A day that changed U.S. history
    God bless America.
    Love from Australia. We salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozfan
    Sheamus didn't end Triple H's career? The Game still wrestles a few matches a year. This will be his second in a month come Extreme Rules 2013. Hell, I even think he has at least ONE more World Title run in him.

But a great list none the less. I wouldn't exactly put Punk's cash in on the list though. I would put Punk vs. Jericho from last year instead.
    The only other change I would do to the list is 'The Announcement' from John Cena. I would make that No. 1.

A day that changed U.S. history
    God bless America.
    Love from Australia. We salute you.
    I was thinking about it, but when you think about wrestling events history and moments.....you think wrestling first. That is why I didn't have it at the top.

I know HHHs career didn't end. I put "So we thought" when addressing why it was in the top 10 list.

Punk's cash in is instantly on my mind when I think Extreme Rules. Huge heel moment by a babyface at the time. HM certainly would have Jericho/Punk.
    All i gotta say is....LOL!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.