View RSS Feed

jginger

Impact Wrestling Review (18/04/2013)

Rate this Entry
I've noticed there has been an abandonment of TNA reviews and since the results don't even get posted on this website, I thought I'd give it a shot. I'd like to make this a weekly thing, so all feedback or even just saying that you like it would be greatly appreciated.

So we start off (After the video package of course) With Devon talking to Wes Briscoe and Garrett Bischoff telling them too "Get the job done." This promo came across as a bit awkward to be honest, but it leads to a match extremely early in the show so I'm not bothered!

Handicap Match: Wes Briscoe and Garrett Bischoff vs Kurt Angle

Before the match TNA played this amazing video package regarding this whole feud. Seriously I'd advise you to go check it out, one of the best I've seen in a long time and that's saying something because this feud isn't the best of feuds.

The match itself was alright. There was a cool spot in it where Kurt Angle hit a double german suplex on the both of them, but other then that it was decent. Mainly to advance storylines.

Wes Briscoe and Garrett Bischoff won due to assistance from Aces and Eights and a chain.

Afterwards Mr Anderson cuts a good promo enforcing the fact that Aces and Eights are in control, and also that they're routing for AJ. Can't wait to see his return. Also I love Mr Anderson in Aces and Eights.

X-Divison Championship Match: Kenny King vs Zema Ion vs Petey Williams

We got to see the Canadian Destroyer which makes it an epic match already! I kid, to be honest I was a bit dissapponted. It was a good match, but it was practically a singles one. Kenny King got hit early in the match and then it was just Petey vs Zema until the very, I mean very end.

It was a good match all in all, but it wasn't really a three way.

Kenny King came in and stole the win by pinning Zema after Petey had the sharpshooter locked in.

Brooke Hogan segment promoting the new knockouts website and has Miss Tessmacher kissing her ass... The less said the better.

Television Championship: Devon (C) vs Magnus

Magnus cuts a nice promo about taking the title, he will be a big star one day. So Magnus comes out, but is assaulted by Aces and Eights. The way Magnus was fighting back looked absolutely amazing, I really hope TNA push him soon. Samoa Joe comes out for the save and reveals that TNA have granted his request for a match...

Mickie James vs Miss Tessmacher

Segment before the match about how Velvet was injured, some bad acting going on in there.

Didn't watch the match, I'm just not very fond of knockouts. I'd have watched it if it was Mickie James vs a better wrestler (Gail Kim/Tara) so I can't really rate it. Glad she won though.

Kaz and Daniels are backstage with AJ and are singing about how the three amigo's are back together, highly doubt that they are but it was funny to see!

Little segment afterwards with Devon and Bully beating up Joesph Parks for trying to get a divorce settled, claiming that it's family business Threw him in the showers and turned it on. They play bullies very well!

Bad Influence came out and cut a promo, seriously it's hilarious. "We're in talks right now for Morgan Freemen to play Dixie Carter." In their new movie. Double A and Bobby Roode come out and the segment gets even funnier, seriously just go see it if you already haven't. Rarely laugh at wrestling but this was so funny. Chavo and Hernandez come out and say there the best tag team. Such a good segment.

Matt Morgan is backstage and cuts a promo about Hulk Hogans mistakes, highlighting each one. It looks like he may be the hero after all. The only problem I had with this was Matt Morgans beard... I couldn't stop looking at it.

Television Championship: Devon (C) vs Samoa Joe

Wasn't looking forward to this match, and it wasn't really very good in all honesty. Would much rather have seen Magnus save Joe. Aces and Eights come out and interfere again.

Samoa Joe loses due to brass knucks from Mr Anderson when the referee's back is turned. Glad for it to be over.

Main Event: AJ Styles vs James Storm

Been waiting for this match all night!!! It was really good. AJ has modified his moveset to be far more aggressive and James Storm put on a really good show as well. Really really enjoyed this. AJ Debuts a new submission finisher which looks brutal as well.

AJ picks up the win and is celebrating with Bad Influence until BAM, he takes both them out. Aces and Eights come out and AJ walks away, leaving them to beat Bad Influence and James Storm up.

Aces and Eights cut a promo about how all of TNA's heroes have been destroyed tonight and how they're in charge. Then all of a sudden I notice Garrett isn't there, no idea why but I just went along with it. Show ends with Aces and Eights taunting in the ring.

Summary

Overall a very very good show. Made you truly feel like Aces and Eights were in charge and that nobody could stop them. I was looking forward to the main event all night and it delivered as well. AJ Styles's new gimmick is really good (although very similar to Stings.) I'd advise anyone to watch this tonight.

Submit "Impact Wrestling Review (18/04/2013)" to Digg Submit "Impact Wrestling Review (18/04/2013)" to del.icio.us Submit "Impact Wrestling Review (18/04/2013)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Impact Wrestling Review (18/04/2013)" to Google

Updated 04-20-2013 at 06:56 PM by jginger

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Nice review mate,Seems to be very little Impact reviews these days and would be looking forward to reading more of these.

Garrett picked up a knock which was probably why he wasn't out at the end.

Have to disagree on the Anderson Gimmick.the guy is just annoying with no real emotion,all he does is scream in the mic.The azzhole gimmick was ok but also ran its course.

The savior is going to be AJ although i don't mind Morgan as it would look more legit a big man taking down a group of thugs.

Personally i hope the whole Aces and Eight storyline either involves better or they end it in the near future.They where handled wrong and only for Bully as the secret leader it saved them some time.
    Cheers mate.

Ah that explains about Garrett, believe it or not the kid is actually growing on me.

Nahh I actually really like Anderson, his cockiness amuses me. He seems like a good heel. Hated the azzhole gimmick, was absolutely horrendous.

I really enjoyed AJ's new in ring style, I for one hope he is the savior although it's just the way they're using Morgan makes it seem like they're going to use him instead. Either way, I'd be interested in seeing either of them in the main event.

I disagree with the majority as well. I'm still enjoying the Aces and Eights storyline. I just think at the minute, they're stuck. What can they do? They're already dominating and taking over the show, it's going to be hard for creative to come up with something else for them to do. Unless they start going for all the titles or something, that could be interesting.

Thanks for the feedback though and I'll be doing another one next week so be sure to read it
    Nice Review mate..the knock outs match is also very decent....ODB man she's very entertaining in what ever she does...

I have to dis agree with you on Anderson...I'm feeling he's out of place...actually he's a talented guy but looking out of place in TNA..

Bully ray and Devon are really good as teh bullies..they are really playing their stuff well..

The best segment of the night is Bad influence / AA-Roode / Chavo-Hernandez one...Daniels-Kaz are really hilarious...I also loved Matt Morgan's lil segment..I'm loving him these days...

The match of the night is definitely the main event..two of my favorites Aj n Storm went against each other..I loved the fact that AJ has modified his moveset and that submission hold looked very brutal..

X-Div match is disappointing.. probably because I was expecting more from it...

All in all a very entertaining Impact!!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.