View RSS Feed

HylianArwing64

My Ideal WWE Title Situation

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone. This blog is going to be about what I think would be an ideal Championship situation in WWE, and by that I mean what titles do I think they should have, rather than the current setup.

Undisputed WWE Heavyweight Championship
This is the big one, I think we need one world champion. The World Heavyweight Championship has lost a lot of its prestige, and the brand extension is practically non-existent at this point. I personally have no problem with wrestlers appearing on both shows, but if that's the case I feel there should be just one world title. I would have the titles unified at Wrestlemania 30. I don't care who does it, but I think Punk or Cena probably deserve to do it more than anyone else on the roster, as they work the hardest in my opinion. In a perfect world, the design of the belt would be the World Heavyweight Championship design, but it seems like WWE wants their logo front and center on the belt, so we would most likely be stuck with the current design, which isn't THAT bad, but also isn't that good.

WWE Intercontinental Championship
To me the Intercontinental Championship is the definitive mid-card title. It should be around forever, and I'm a big fan of the current design that Cody Rhodes brought back. One big decision is that I would unify the United States Championship with the Intercontinental Championship, so that the Intercontinental Title would be the only Heavyweight mid-card championship. You might see where I'm going with this...

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
I would love to have the Cruiserweight division revived. There are currently 20 members of the WWE roster that weigh in at 220 pounds or less. There wouldn't have to be completely separate divisions or anything, but if you were under the 220 pound limit you could challenge for the Cruiserweight title. I would love to see guys like Seth Rollins or Tyson Kidd win this title. And if the WWE decides to make The Shield the dominant stable that it has potential to be, Roman Reigns would win the Intercontinental Championship, Seth or Dean could be Cruiserweight Champion, and Seth AND Dean could hold the Tag Team Titles. I'm just spit-balling ideas here, but you get my main point: bring back the Cruiserweights!

WWE Tag Team Championships
I don't really have much to say here, except please get rid of those God-awful, hideous, rusty-penny belts. And WWE needs to revive the entire tag-team division. Stop throwing random wrestlers into makeshift teams. I love Rhodes-Scholars, but the tag team killed Sandow's momentum as a singles wrestler. They need to go their separate ways, maybe even having one of them turn face and they could feud for the Intercontinental Title, bringing prestige back to it.

WWE Women's Championship
Please stop referring to the roster as Superstars and Divas...they're wrestlers. At least, most of them are. There are definitely some current females on the roster, like Alicia Fox, who have no business even being with the company. Please for the love of GOD bring back the WOMEN'S Championship and get rid of the tramp-stamp belt. Then get women who can actually wrestle and give them enough time to SHOW us that they can wrestle. You made RAW three hours long, stop showing us Touts and recaps and let the women have a match.

Well there you have it. I know plenty of people will probably disagree with my decisions, but I think my plan could easily work if it was handled right. Mind you, I'm no businessman, and I don't pretend to be. I don't know how to run a company. But as a fan, I know I would definitely enjoy seeing this sort of championship heirarchy.

Submit "My Ideal WWE Title Situation" to Digg Submit "My Ideal WWE Title Situation" to del.icio.us Submit "My Ideal WWE Title Situation" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Ideal WWE Title Situation" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are positives and negatives by having 2 world champions. I think it helps the young guys a lot by having 2. Guys like Dolph, Sheamus, among others. It isn't like WWE has great storylines. You actually just want to have a fight over nothing as a 2nd match rather than have them battle for the title? Not me......
    No real reason to bring back the women's title after dumping it. New era with new divas. They need to leave their mark even though I'd prefer women's title. I was upset when I heard they were getting rid of it.

I don't see how others believe IC is so much better midcard title than the US title. In recent years, I'd say we have had better US champions. Cesaro has been better than Barretts, Kofi, or Mizs.

I'd rather the cruiserweight title not be revived. They don't continue to bring in talents to battle for that belt. that is why the cruiserweight division suffered because no new talents came in. If they arn't going to give us what we want....why bring it back? Be nice for the first few months, but after a while it will turn in to an afterthought. Barely get booked on the ppv card.

Don't like the look of the tag titles either, but you know. I think the Shield will do great things with those belts once they get'm. I agree, Sandow is one of my favs. I was upset when I heard of the tag team. They should have won the tag belts. I think that hurt Daniel Bryan as well. Kane seems to ruin a lot of great talents momentum by joining them. Back in the day, RVD, hurricane, among others.
    I agree...Now that there is no brand-split, what's the point of two main titles. The WHC is being treated like the IC. The IC and US title is being treated like the European title

MY IDEA:
    Get rid of the WHC

Book the IC like the WHC

Get more real Tag Teams

Get rid of the Divas title...unless WWe plans on hiring REAL female wrestlers(which they are not), there is no point in having a female title.
    They need to get rid of the WHC, and completely end the brand split.

I found this post on another forum that described the problem with the belts so well...

"SmackDown is like a graveyard for failed pushes. Sheamus, ADR, Swagger, and then guys like Orton, Show and Henry who can't be involved in major feuds on Raw for whatever reason. It's like a vortex, these guys aren't good/relevant enough for the main event but for whatever reason WWE still wants them to be stars, so they stick them on SmackDown where they can be protected for no reason and compete in meaningless filler feuds with one another in a seemingly endless cycle.

If they are going to persist with this then what they need is for everyone involved to be in the hunt for the WHC. At the moment Ziggler, Del Rio and Swagger are the only people in the WHC picture, while everyone else wrestles meaningless matches seemingly oblivious to whatever else is happening and uninterested in the title. It's ridiculous that a guy like Orton hasn't had a title match for 18 months and doesn't seem to care. Sheamus dropped the title to Big Show and now seems to have forgotten that it exists. At some point the sitcom writers lost sight of what they were trying to achieve and now the show is written like a sitcom, with the characters only really interacting with whoever they happen to be feuding with at that time, and one of these feuds happens to contain the WHC. It also doesn't help that the show is used solely as a vehicle to try and promote a single stale, substandard face. First it was Orton, then Sheamus and now Del Rio. The show is entirely centered around making one of these guys look good, meaning that it's extremely predictable and tedious. We talk about Cena being shoved down people's throats on Raw but Smackdown is far worse in that regard, it's pretty much just become a vain attempt to retain credibility for guys that they know wouldn't be able to hack it in the true main event scene on Raw."

Although I wouldn't dismiss Orton, Sheamus, or Big Show as incapable of main eventing RAW, it pretty much hammers the point home that The World Heavyweight Title is just a consolation prize.

Updated 04-22-2013 at 02:39 PM by TempestH
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.