View RSS Feed

TheFugitive

RE: Booking Challenge: WM 30

Rate this Entry
Hi everybody! I was reading the blogs and came across TheGreatOne’s WM 30 booking challenge. I figured I’d throw my two cents out there because I’m always up for some good ol’ fashioned fantasy booking. I tried to follow the rules as best I can, but there are a couple of wildcards I had to get in there. I know it’s highly unlikely any of this will happen, but it is all stuff I’d like to see.

Special Attraction: 8 Man Money In The Bank for WWE Title Match Contract: Sheamus vs Orton vs Y2J vs Kane vs Big Show vs Miz vs Barrett vs Mysterio
Yes, I am aware there is a PPV view called MITB and most likely will have two of these matches *neither of which will be as good as thisJ*, but in 2013 like they did at the EC and HIAC, they cut back to one ladder match, ands it for a WHC match contract. This creates outrage from fans, which drives to WWE to put this spectacle on at WM 30 *Hey, a guy can dream, right?* The catch is all participants, like at the last MITB, had to be former WWE Champions. The exception is Barrett, who cut a shady deal with Brad Maddox to gain entry.

Four Corners Tag Title Match: Mark Henry & Swagger(c) vs Prime Time Playas vs Tons of Funk vs Rhodes Scholars
Actually I much rather have seen something like this at this years Wrestlemania to get PTP, the Funk and the Scholars on the show and up the ante on the importance of the tag team title. I don’t think Rhodes Scholars will be a team by WM 30, but this match filled a lot of holes for me, so I’m going with it.

Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan
Mainly the point here is Brock has to be on the card. The rumor going around is he will face The Rock but I hope it doesn’t happen that way. I don’t have anything against the Rock and I’m sure they’d have a decent match, but I don’t think it’s beneficial to put two part timers against each other. I think they should be paired off with the current full time guys to give them some rub. Brock Lesnar is a physical freak and a legitimate bad ass. The guy doesn’t say a word on the mic and still is one of the most intriguing characters out there. If you go ahead and put him against Daniel Bryan, talk about David vs Goliath! Daniel Bryan has the in ring ability to have incredible matches and I’m sure this wouldn’t be any different. Bryan might seem a little low ball for Brock but I think that’s what needs to happen to elevate the “guys of the future”. The build up? Lets say Bryan eliminated Brock in the Rumble and Brock got pissed.

US Title Triple Threat Match: Roman Reigns (c) vs Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose
Before I get bombed with people pissed I ended the Shield the same way they ended Legacy, hear me out. First, I liked Legacy and that match. Second, I like the Shield. I’m thinking they own the mid-card title scene for the summer with Rollins and Ambrose holding the Tag Titles. Towards the end of the year infighting destroys the group and it becomes every man for himself and Reigns US Title becomes the object of desire.

Triple H vs HBK: One Final Time
I know Triple H and Shawn Michaels have had pretty much every match imaginable and both were in the main event of WM 20. That was a triple threat match and they’ve never faced each other in a one on one match at WM. I also know storyline wise HBK is retired as a result of his loss at WM 26, but how often does the retirement of a wrestler actually hold up? I would be on board with this mostly because it would be a scenario where Triple H would likely retire. I’m not saying he can’t cut it or have a good match. I think his match with Brock was pretty good. I just feel there isn’t anything left for him, except to have one more match for the ages at WM with Mr. Wrestlemania. The two best friends go out there, tear the house down one more time and leave the in ring game for good. Plus I think HBK is the greatest of all time, so I’d definitely want to see it.

WHC Title Match: Alberto Del Rio(c) vs Antonio Cesaro (RR Winner)
I think Antonio Cesaro got shafted this year, even more so than the performers who got cut from WM. He had a bunch of good matches with the Miz, and he’s been a good US Champion. I think him and Del Rio could have a classic. Del Rio‘s been in the WHC match two out of the last three years, so it made sense to me.

The Rock vs Dolph Ziggler
When The Rock came back, he was in the main event of everything and 90% of the time, he was the last segment on Raw. They gave him an incredible run where he main evented two WMs and let him beat CM Punk, who was on the biggest roll in the business, twice within a month. I know he is a huge name, an instant draw, and doesn’t have to do anything he doesn’t want to, but I think he still has more to give back. He should take a cue from Jericho and work with someone who isn’t Cena, Punk, or Brock and see he if can elevate someone to that level. It didn’t seem like he had problems with doing that towards the end of his first run with putting over Brock at Summerslam and even working with the Hurricane a few times on TV. If he can take Dolph Ziggler to the next level his legacy would be that much greater. The Rock does his thing, hurling insults at Dolph and AJ. Dolph snaps and has a pipe bomb moment talking about how he is sick of the part timers stealing the spotlight at WM and he is going to steal the show by beating the Rock at WM 30.

IC Title: Ryback (c) vs Fandango
After cooling off from his fued with Cena, which he lost, a heel Ryback feeds on this mid card title. Fandango seems like he is one of those guys that will end up a face because of his budding popularity. They throw these guys are thrown into the fire at WM 30 in the middle of some huge matches to see what they are made of. Mostly this is more of a come down match for the crowd who needs a breather for the final stretch J

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs CM Punk
I’ve liked the trend of WWE bringing back big names over the past couple of years for the recent Wrestlemanias. I may not always agree with how they have used those guys but that’s another story. For WM 30 I hope they take it to another level by making this rumored match happen. These guys are both unbelievable on the mic and in the ring. I could go on and on about how great their careers have been and how a feud would be can’t miss. You have the straight edge superstar vs the hall of fame beer swilling rattlesnake. This time, CM Punk is the one interrupted by the breaking glass. They’ll take it from there. As for including Austin, I figured I already brought HBK out of retirement, so why not? At least I’m not using Sting.

WWE Title Match: John Cena (c) vs The Undertaker
Yeah, I jacked TheGreatOne’s main event. I really want to see this though, even more so than Punk/Austin. With John Cena winning the WWE Title, it looks like he’s back on the rocket to the moon. First he won the Royal Rumble, and then got his redemption against The Rock in the main event of WM 29. I think he should he should continue this roll and hold on to the title all the way until WM 30 *pauses for the collective groan of the Anti-Cena movement* He holds on to the belt, jumps all the hurdles, and climbs all the mountains…again, until around WM 30 when the lights go out and we hear the bell for The Undertaker. He’s done it all at WM with his streak, but he wants to finish his career at WM 30 with an exclamation point. At WM 28, he “ended an era” and at WM 29 he honored the memory of Paul Bearer. Finally at WM 30 he wants to walk off into the sunset with the WWE title and as “the man” in the business and to do that he has to beat John Cena, who will facing the biggest challenge of his career...ever…again. I know The Undertaker doesn’t need to pad his resume anymore than it already is. I also know putting the streak and the title in the same match may seem excessive. I still think it would be cool and a fitting end for The Undertaker. Maybe I still haven’t gotten over no streak vs streak but I think this is the highest profile match on the table outside of Punk/Austin.

Anyway, that’s what I’d like to see. You’re welcome and I hope you enjoyed.

Submit "RE: Booking Challenge: WM 30" to Digg Submit "RE: Booking Challenge: WM 30" to del.icio.us Submit "RE: Booking Challenge: WM 30" to StumbleUpon Submit "RE: Booking Challenge: WM 30" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thos is actually a great card imo
    I would totally watch this. Only thing I don't like is the Shield thing but whatever you can't win em all!
    This I must painfully say is a pretty good card with the exception of Rock vs Ziggler. Throw in Angle vs Ziggler.

Good Blog

***PAINFUL STAMP OF APPROVAL***
    i love this card and agree with all but the fact that you did a mitb, but i think if u change it to the winner goes into the whc match later then it could work, have sheamus or Orton win and then have that person go on to win the title!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE PAINFUL TRUTH
    This I must painfully say is a pretty good card with the exception of Rock vs Ziggler. Throw in Angle vs Ziggler.

Good Blog

***PAINFUL STAMP OF APPROVAL***
    This isn't a dream card type of thing with all-time superstars. If Angle was part of the WWE, I'd definately put him on mine. However, since he isn't under contract....that is against one of the rules I set. Even though he did break the Austin rule, but I'' respond to that with following comment.
    1 of the main reasons why I don't believe Austin will come back is because he won't be in the main event. If he isn't in the main event aka last match.....than I highly doubt he would consider doing it. I'd love to see him face Cena or Punk though. I think that is 1 of the very few matches that would have CM Punk main event the show. Faced Cena so many times....no way that should finish any WM in the future. Faced Taker and Orton already at Mania. Limits the options a bit....

Rest of card thoughts:
    MITB will no longer happen at Mania since they have a ppv. I hate the concept of ppvs being named ppvs like when I kick your butt at TLC in a TLC match. I don't mind Lockdown because it isn't cage and what not.
    Henry/Swagger is a strange combo. I would like to see Henry join forces with Big E or/and E Jackson. Build them up a bit just by association. Get their names out there. Possibly even have Kofi or PTP join.
    I wanted HHH vs HBK to be HBKs last match. I also wanted Cena vs Taker at WM26. Instead these past few WMs have been a bunch of terrible rematches over the years. Edge and Big Show vs Cena for the world title. Following year, Batista vs Cena. HHH vs Orton. Taker vs HBK or HHH. WM is no longer as special as it once was because of these stupid rematches. I always want to see new feuds on the biggest stage. However make exception for HHH/HBK cuz it is his final match and neither have faced at Mania nor in recent years.
    Didn't have Shield on my card cuz at that point, would they still be group? If they broke up....likely would find a hard time finding themselves like Dibiase and Rhodes did after Legacy.
    Lesnar vs Bryan is interesting because their submission holds, but I'd rather see Lesnar face a dude like Sheamus, Batista, CM Punk or even Randy Orton. Daniel Bryan is one of my favs....just rather see one o those dudes face him first.
    Del Rio is still boring to me even with the face turn. Gets a better reaction than I thought he would get. Still believe they should have let Dolph cash in at Mania. Mania wasn't good reading by results and the high expectations I had for it. Orton heel turn, new world champion, Ryback beating Henry(still hasn't got a W on ppv and won't vs Cena), Miz winning only to keep it for less than 24 hours?....I could go on. Del Rio simply shouldn't be world champion again for a while. I think Dolph should lose it to Ryback at some point between now and Mania. MITB winner cashes it on him at some point and wins the belt from him.
    RR winner Cesaro isn't particularly high on WWEs list even though i think highly of him. I think he was the stronger of the 2 midcard champions. Him losing to Kofi made his title reign mean nothing.He was the dude I was most upset he wasn't on the card. Sandow was also a disappointment. However, Tons of Funk didn't belong on the card anyway. I doubt they will still be a team this point next year. I figure Tensai will no longer have a job.
    Rock vs Ziggler matchup would remind me of the days when Billy Gunn would face The Rock. Whether it be one on one or Rock N Sock vs the New Age Outlaws. I'd rather see if HBK could come out for 1 match to be against The Rock. If I made a fantasy card and could book a handful of matches.....that would be one of them. Been so ready for that since Rock came back for the HOF when he inducted his father and grandfather.
    Ryback vs Fandango would be cool. Any time you got a dancer involved with a serious and intense freak like Ryback.....it is a match I would enjoy. Reminds me a bit of the Disco Inferno vs Goldberg days.
    You know my feelings about Taker vs Cena. I have that much respect for the Deadman he should end his career in the final match of Mania vs the man in the WWE. WWE title or not....love to see it. Been waiting for this almost a decade now. I want a feud, not just a match like we've had in the past. People claim I'm just a crazy Cena fan wanting to see this match. Hell, you got the biggest star in the WWE vs a man who has never lost on the biggest stage at WM. You are not a wrestling fan, if you don't want to see that match. It is like saying you don't want to see Hollywood Hogan vs undefeated Goldberg. Not every match is going to be a technical wrestling contest. 2 huge names going at it for the biggest prize on the biggest stage is enough for me.
    no you got it all wrong except I do agree there will be a money in the bank match. for the last couple of years they have been putting it off that way it doesn't get old, or repetitive every year. Giving it a couple years and doing one builds up more popularity. the real perfect final card for wrestle mania 30 no joke this is a spoiler. I met CM punk in a hotel one time, and he told me everything. Wrestle Mania 30 card will go as follows money in the bank ladder match Kane vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. Christian vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show vs. Shamus vs. RVD United States Title triple threat match Daniel Brian vs. The Miz vs. Fandango after leaving tag team division to seek singles titles Daniel Brian wins the U.S title at survivor series in a 6 man elimination style match. Daniel Brian defeats miz at Royal Rumble with help from fandango who has been fueding with miz recently. Fandengo eliminates Daniel Brian in Royal Rumble. The Miz eliminates Fandengo in the Royal Rumble causing at match at elimination chamber between Fandengo and Daniel Brian for U.S title. Miz interfears and cost fandango the match, therefor making a triple threat match at wm for U.S title Intercontinental title Cody Rhodes vs. Golddust New Orleans Back Lot Match once again Cody comes in during royal rumble and is eliminated lasting the longest so far, and then Goldust comes in and pleas to team up, and seems like the will for a couple minuetes they clean house. Golddust and Cody even eliminate Booker t, and Damien Sandow to make it look legit, and then Golddust Eliminates Cody Rhodes this time. only makes him snap and get Golddust eliminated casuing a New Orleans back lot match. much like the Hollywood backlot math years ago between piper, and Golddust Special guest referee: Special referee: Hulk Hogan; Vince vs Trump trump prommissed that he would kick vinces ass, and issues him a challenge at wm. they fewed for a couple months even pick wrestlers to represent them to determine their match at elimination chamber trump picks john cena, and vince picks CM Punk. Cena wins this time because not much is on the line. I didn't expect this one, but trump call for a special guess refree match. weeks go by with teases of who it could be cena, orton, brett, the rock, and then out comes Hogan 2 weeks before mania and declares he's the ref and how vince chewed more than he could handle and has screwed over to many wrestlers, and that will come to and end and I get my revenge and count the 3 count where trump will be victorious. one fall loser leaves wwe for good Brock Lesnar vs CM this one builds up from a summer conrontation they have this year, and we don't hear from brock for months after Cm Punk says he's athe better Paul Heyman guy, and there can be only one guy, and I'm that guy. After Punk loses to Cena at Elimination chamber vince trys to get even and put him in a handicap match vs the shield. the everyones surprise Cm Punk survives them one night on raw, and then after them match Here comes the Pain Brock comes out and attacks Punk. Heyman is beside himself, and doesn't want anything to do with what they are doing. vince is salvivating at the mouth and is enjoying Heymans men,and him go down. Vince makes a wm proposal that they wrestle and the loser leaves wwe for good. wwe title triple threat HHH vs Randy orton vs Batista hhh will beat cena at rumble and Batista returns in controversial elimination of orton. batista is declared winner of rumble but loses to orton in a no dq match at elimination chamber setting up hhh vs batista vs orton for wwe title. divas title fatal 4 way kaitlyn vs beth pheonix vs mickie james vs Kharma world heavyweight title Dolph ziggler vs John Cena One final match old generation HHH vs HBK win or lose their both done. the streak undertaker vs sting after months of shield jumping 1 on 3 attacks. they finally trap taker and knock him out of action for months, and then destroy vince, and we go back to the mystery gm, and the gm favors the shield all the time, and come to find out right before survivor series the mystery gm is Sting, and the leader of the Shield coming from celing. setting up shield with sting vs wwe at survivor series without undertaker still. at royal rumble kane is getting jumped by all three members of shield and they go to powerbomb kane. then doom. out go lights takers in ring, and taker, and kane eliminate them all. 1st raw back after royal rumble Kane is wrestling again, and shield interrupt and come from the crowd. they about enter the ring when doooom out go light, and again undertaker is in the ring, and they retreat. at elimination chamber taker is about to win the world title in the chamber when out comes shield, and he fights them all off. and then out comes sting from the rafters baseball bat and all points it at shield after they turned on sting before royal rumble for their loss to wwe at survivor series. points it at shield, and then wacks taker over the head. ziggler wins. stings first official match will not be wrestlemania vs undertaker but 2 weeks after chamber sting vs John cena, and 1 week before wrestlemania sting, and shield vs undertaker, kane, john cena, cm punk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.