View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Booking Challenge: Wrestlemania 30

Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Wrestlemania 29 is in the books. Everyone is wondering what matches will we be seeing next year. Tons of rumored matches already being discussed. I chose to try something different with blogs to spice things up. Have a booking challenge 1x a month just for fun instead of all the crazy top 10s. I know what you are thinking? Booking Wrestlemania 30 so soon? If I do it during Wrestlemania season....people won't book the matches they particularly want. They will book matches that are rumored to take place. Of course we have rules such as no more than 10 matches. I'd also like to see at least 1 tag match along with the majority of the titles on the line. Put in bold the matches you are booking and tell me how you would build the feud up to make fans want to see it. Include who you would have as Rumble winner as well. That is about it. Here is how I'd book WM 30:

Tag Team Turmoil for Tag titles: Jack Swagger/Cesaro(C) vs Rey Mysterio/Sin Cara vs Sheamus/Del Rio vs Christian/Tyson Kidd vs Kofi/Big E Langston-I don't believe Cesaro will receive the type a push I'd like to see based on reports. I also don't believe great things will happen for Swagger since he lost the world title match vs Del Rio at Mania. I figure a tag team would be good for both parties. Swagger America type of theme with Cesaro joining. Have virtually every tag team who works in America, but is from a different country. Tyson Kidd/Christian wins tag titles. Student/teacher type of situation here with Kidd getting a big head after this. Develops a feud and a singles career after their tag title run. Kofi turns heel and joins Henry's stable along with Langston.

IC title: Fandango(C) vs Mark Henry vs Big Show vs Kane-Monsters who are really serious vs a dancer. 3 of the biggest monsters in the company wanting Fandango's IC title. Fandango somehow some way finds a way to pick up a victory. Main reason for this is because they needed on the show as well meaning the vets in this match.

US title: Damien Sandow(C) vs Cody Rhodes w/Dusty Rhodes-Sandow is one of my favs in WWE right now. Putting down and insulting the intelligence of fans while being the US champion. Dusty doesn't like the constant disrespect Sandow how has to the WWE fans. Claims America needs a champion to be proud of, so it takes a while, but Dusty finally motivates Cody to challenge and defeat his former tag team partner on the biggest stage of them all. Call the moment: America's Dream!

Daniel Bryan vs Chris Jericho-I know they have faced, but I'd love to see a feud between these two. The matches they could put on certainly would be entertaining. The comparisons continue with Bryan and you know who. Can they outshine that feud from the 2000s? That will be a hard task to follow. Either 1 heel or face it would be solid. Winner=Daniel Bryan!

WHC title: Wade Barrett(C) vs (RR winner)Ryback-Got Ryback winning the world title from Ziggler at some point. What top face should besides him? Doubt Dolph will have it for an entire year so why isn't Ryback champion? MITB winner, Wade Barrett cashes it in after a beat down by Mark Henry and his new stable. Rematch happens, but of course Barrett cheats his way to victory. Ryback wins Rumble to end up to be the one to defeat Wade Barrett for the WHC at Wrestlemania.

Dolph Ziggler w/AJ vs HHH w/Steph-Ziggler has been compared to HBK. Love to see how good a match him and HHH would be. I know they have battled in the past specifically when he was with the Spirit Squad. Dolph/AJ sorta reminds you a bit of HHH/Steph. I was thinking mixed tag, but I think it is better just 1 on 1 with each in their mans corner. Of course involvement in the match. Dolph wins of course proving in their own minds they were the best power couple of all-time.

Special ref Paul Heyman: Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk-You gotta wonder how long WWE will keep these two from each other. Like they don't know Paul Heyman is managing someone else. Paul Heyman is forced into this situation basically to make a decision. Who are you with? Punk/Brock lose team vs team Survivor Series match. Each trying to blame the loss on the other. Punk mentions, maybe if you actually competed more than 2x a year maybe we would have won. Brock responds maybe if you were a foot taller you would say it to my face. Face-off and Heyman is in between the two. Lesnar wins thanks to Heyman. Lets be honest here, who needs Heyman more of the two? Punk or Lesnar? Punk gets a rematch at Extreme Rules and wins....everyones happy!!

The Rock vs Randy Orton-
They did compete in a tag match at WM20. I've always been interested to see how these 2 3rd generation superstars would do in a feud together. Legend Killer gimmick and he wants to add another name to that list. I'd have Orton win here.

Main Event WWE title: The Undertaker vs John Cena
-To add to the prestige of the WWE title. Undertaker asks for his last Wrestlemania to challenge for 1 last shot at the WWE title. I know many people would hate to live through a long title reign, but wouldn't it be better to say WWE title than to give Cena the praise such as you are the man in the WWE. That is why I choose to face you? That is how I want Taker to go out. In the main event vs the franchise in the WWE. Win or lose, really doesn't matter to me. I've been wanting Taker/Cena feud since Cena became a main event player. Never did happen, however they did have a match or 2 on random Raws. That is the nod, I believe Taker deserves.

There you have it!! My Wrestlemania 30 card with a little less than a year away. What is your card? How did I do? Are you up to the challenge? Goodness, I hope I don't see Sting, Austin, or something like that until it is confirmed they will be wrestling in the event. In Stings case, at least under contract with WWE. That is all....hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading!

Submit "Booking Challenge: Wrestlemania 30" to Digg Submit "Booking Challenge: Wrestlemania 30" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking Challenge: Wrestlemania 30" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking Challenge: Wrestlemania 30" to Google

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Swagger and his actual gimmick with Antonio Cesaro ? Really ?
    Special ref Paul Heyman: Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk

I love the idea
    great blog your card is the only one that may actually happen, everyone elses on here is just dreaming. i would change your tag team match a bit some of those teams make no sense but are creative, but you have to have at least dean ambrose and seth rollins on the card they will be big this year for WWE but the perfect match will be Cena vs Taker it just makes sense to have this match and at WM31 it will FINALLY! be cena and punk in the main event
    Quote Originally Posted by wwesuperfan09/29/89
    great blog your card is the only one that may actually happen, everyone elses on here is just dreaming. i would change your tag team match a bit some of those teams make no sense but are creative, but you have to have at least dean ambrose and seth rollins on the card they will be big this year for WWE but the perfect match will be Cena vs Taker it just makes sense to have this match and at WM31 it will FINALLY! be cena and punk in the main event
    I know Ambrose and Rollins will be there. I just don't know if they will still be a group or not. If they are still a group....I could whip something up.
    ok ima give this a try

i would love to open up my wrestlemania with a match for the tag titles, but who in the hell knows what tag teams will be there or who the WWE will through together at that point in time so ill just do as they do and throw some ppl together
    Tag team titles
    Mark Henry and Big E d. The Usos (c)

following Big E and Ajs turn on Dolf, Big is is then approached by Mark. he tells him that alne they are two strong monster, but together they can be unstoppable. after the Usos gain the titles from Roads Scholars at the rumble they are confronted the raw after by Mark and Big E. they are put in sinlges matches at EC with the stipulation that both Henry and Langston have to win in order to challenge for the titles

IC title
    Kofi Kingston (c) d. R. Truth

on a Raw Truth confronts Kofi ( who is heel) and tells him that ever since he gain gold hes lost himself along the way. he talks on how they used to be good friends and he feels Kofi stabbed him in the back. but after weeks of being 1 upped by truth, Kofi catches the win with the unlikly help of Big E (new power stable?)

Randy Orton d. The Rock

i loved your idea on this one so im going to just throw this one in there Heel Orton wanting to once again kill Legends. what better Legend than The Rock?

Divas Championship

Charlotte d. Kaitlyn
    why not have the daughter of flair win her first title on the biggest stage of them all.. hopefully shell be on the main roster. i dotn expect kaitlyn to hold the title that long, but i do expect her to hold it it a couple more times before mania. we can haveCharlotte come in and talk about the state of womans wrestling in the WWE and that shes here to bring new life to it and she wants a shot at the tittle and is told she needs to earn her shot. after surviveing a battle royal for #1 contender she stops at nothing to make Kaitlyns life hell leading into wrestlmania

triple threat Us Title Match
    Big Show d Ryback & Roman Reins (c)

i see all members of the sheild going on to have successful carreers after the faction is over with. that being said i see Reins capturing the title at Survivor series. Reins will be dominate. Show doesnt like that. Show wants to be the only dominate player in the business. and hes going to prove his dominance win he takes the title from Reins. hes then interupted by Ryback who says hes the ONLY dominate player in the company and if anyones going to take the title from Reinds its going to be him. they are put in a #1 contenders match at the Chamber where Reins interferes and sets up the tripe threat match

#1 contender for tag titles

Seth Rollins & Chrstian d Wade Barret & Sheamus

we need more tag team action. why not have Christian take rollins in and have and unlikly team of Berret and Sheamus, two men who love to fight

The Undertaker d. Brock Lesner casket match

Undertaker returns during the road to wrestlmania on Raw and begns to talk about wrestlemania and his streak and thats hes been waitin for someone to step forward but is starting to believe that noone else wants the hell that cause with facing The Phenom at Mania. Brocks music hits and out he comes with Heyman. Heyman starts to talk and he says the only reason the streak still stand is because Taker hasnt stepped onto the biggest stage of them all with his client Lesner. And why not have MY CLIENT put you and a casket and bury you once and for all. Taker will have some trouble with Lesner but is help by Kane after he returns (lets say Broke did a number on him) and Kane helps to shut the casket on Lesner

WHC

Drew McInyer d. Dolf Zigglar (c)

since i had Big E and AJ turn on Dolf itd make sence for him to have a face turn. id really love if theyd put more focus on Drew than they had when he arrived. He has potential to be a bad ass heel with the bad ass music to go with it. Drew rises the ranks, captures the IC, loses it and wins the elimination chamber to become #1 contender

Fatal 4 Way for the WWE Championship

Dean Ambrose d D Bry, CM Punk(c), & Cena

many would ask how we get a fatal 4 way. first we have Cena invoke his rematch clause and he wants it at mania. Ambrose wins the Rumble and since he stil hs a choice he wants a shot at the WWE Champion at mania as well. and heres the twist right before the match starts MR Money in the Bank D Bry come outs and say hes goin to cash in beat the # of them in the ring. and prove thats hes in fact the best in the business
    I enjoy ur blogs but this one just seems rushed I only agree with 3 of them being Bryan vs Jericho, Triple H vs Ziggler and Brock vs Punk the others I could do without
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.