View RSS Feed

Rated_R(ob)KO

STATE OF THE 'E: Bizarro World

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
Yes sir, I promise you a great show! I'm boarding the crazy train and hopping aboard the blog cart in hopes to navigate through this place. I haven't done a blog in like a month or something so, here goes nothing:

[B]Always imitated, NEVER duplicated. The one, the only, STATE OF THE 'E![/B]

Just what in the hell have I witnessed this last week? If I were to have written this right AFTER WrestleMania XXIX coming to you from New York.... oh wait, "New Jersey". Wait, let me touch on that for a second... How in the blue HELL are you going to advertise it as NY/NJ and COMPLETELY negate NJ? I know a lot of us were completely pissed off at that move dudes.

Yeah, you generated a lot of money for our state but, we really and literally, got NO love whatsoever!! All of your AXXESS events took place in NY, HOF took place in NY @MSG... I mean, hell even the set of Mania was Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, and the the friggin' Brooklyn Bridge. What there was NJ? Oh, yeah, the stadium. I forgot. Holding the "Grand Daddy Of Them All" in Metlife stadium was literally VKM saying:

"Sorry, NY... you just don't have a stadium big enough to encompass the amount of fans we want. We still love you and we remember everything from there so don't worry, screw NJ. They mean nothing to me."

I also hate how HORRIBLY it was booked. I mean, holy rusted metal, Batman! I damn well would have instead of watching 20 minutes of promos for John Cena and The Rock, 20 minutes for all the AXXESS and social media shit, I'd have much rather watched a Divas Championship match between AJ and Kaitlyn and also the 8 inter-person tag match that got scrapped because of it. There was at least an hour total of the show that wasn't dedicated to wrestling. And weirdly enough its usually because of shit backstage sketches and a couple musical performances. Which I've come to bear with.

That was also something else that caught me off guard, where the hell was all that stuff this year? Apparently all of the wrestlers are mutes as well. No one had interviews, no one did anything except for wrestle. There weren't any backstage antics or even in ring antics. All matches felt robotic and stiff. It was really off putting.

In my opinion, the ONLY good match at Mania was CM Punk VS. The Undertaker and in all honesty... it didn't stack up to matches past as well. I can say though, I firmly believe CM Punk got his Mania moment. Now don't get me wrong, at all... you know I'll list all of his accolades since being in THE 'E but in my eyes, his Mania moment came when he got to perform "Old School" on The Undertaker. Not many people have done that to him in general and I believe Kane has been the only other person except for Punk to do that at Mania.

And don't get me wrong, Rock/Cena II was better than last years match but it was still Rock and Cena in a ring together. Two guys that only know a few moves a piece and should not have had 45 minutes to finish how we already knew it was going to finish many, many months ago. Oh, real quick... shout out to those who lambasted me for hating all the lavish treatment The Rock was getting in January. You all said he was going to revolutionize THE 'E and ratings would skyrocket, and that CM Punk was a nobody and maybe, just maybe Cena wouldn't win.

Looks like I proved you all wrong. No ratings went up, nobody cared and after ALL that treatment since WMXXVII, The Rock... LEFT! He walked out, got on his plane and went HOME! I don't give a damn what any of you say, he left. What did all of this accomplish? Did ratings go up, did he save the company? Are we in any better position than we were in? Answer to all of that? NO! His abs aren't "ripped off the bone." He's not laid up in some hospital somewhere, he's not feeling anything. Why? Because he's getting ready to film "Hercules", coming soon to a theater near you by the way...

CM Punk said it best, it should have been him and Cena there. I'd have much rather seen their feud end there. Reminds me of what happened to Edge and Cena. They wrestle for a couple years, build an amazing feud and then what happened? Big Show. They didn't have anything for him so they just placed him in the match and screwed up what could possibly have been a great match. I digress.

And on another topic, what type of world have we just stepped into? It seems in one night THE 'E tried to fix everything they screwed up since January. The Monday night RAW from the IZOD center in NJ was just apeshit the whole night. That whole show was better than the disjointed and malformed Mania... DOLPH ZIGGLER IS THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.... Yes, wow! "It's about damn time!" Words spoken from the heart. You could tell. And then that NJ crowd... man that crowd.

They chanted everything and anything they possibly could. For and against. The best chant for me was when "Same Old Shit!" broke out when Cena was speaking. Glorious. But in all reality, April 8th, 2013 will forever be known as the date "FANDANGOING!" became a thing. All over the internet and worldwide, the gesture of dancing to Fandango's... excuse me....

FFFAAAAHHHHHNNNNNDDDDAAAHHHHNNNNGGGHHHOOOO!!!!!!'s

Music has exploded like nothing I don't think VKM could have ever imagined. No w don't get it wrong, people are not exploding over Fandango, no, no, no... they still hate him. But they're going crazy for the infectious theme song. Now granted, people outside of the wrestling world may be going crazy for him and his theme considering his face is plastered all over the iTunes image and everything.

But, in general that episode of RAW is quite possibly one of the best I've ever seen... definitely up there in totality. I haven't seen a crowd that involved since The Attitude Era. Last year's post Mania show was something special as well but, nothing like the one from this year. We have officially stepped into a new world here. I wonder if they can keep that momentum in the oncoming weeks with maintaining the Fandangoing craze, hopefully making Ryback something to behold instead of the joke he's become, and also bringing in the new talent that's been discussed.

I'm all for every week being how this past RAW was, will it happen? No. Unfortunately creative for THE 'E can't get their collective heads out of their asses unless major pressure is on. That's what they need. A rival company to keep them on their toes again. And things to really build towards. With all that being said, I'm gone for another round. As usual death threats, IWC logic, rib rub recipes, and whatever else you throw at me is greatly accepted in the comment section below. Get to it!

See You Soon, Space Cowboy...

Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: Bizarro World" to Digg Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: Bizarro World" to del.icio.us Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: Bizarro World" to StumbleUpon Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: Bizarro World" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Always love your blogs man. Keep up the good work! Hopefully we wont have to wait so long for the next one
    your blog is OK and while i agree they kinda dissed on NJ by not mentioning them much, but i have to say you cant keep saying Cena only knows a few moves in his match with punk a month ago they put on a great match where Cena showed us a little more then normal. and lastly at the end of Rock/Cena II to me it looked like rock was gassed and coudlnt finish like cena wanted to so we got what we got.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwesuperfan09/29/89
    your blog is OK and while i agree they kinda dissed on NJ by not mentioning them much, but i have to say you cant keep saying Cena only knows a few moves in his match with punk a month ago they put on a great match where Cena showed us a little more then normal. and lastly at the end of Rock/Cena II to me it looked like rock was gassed and coudlnt finish like cena wanted to so we got what we got.
    The Rock wasn't gassed as he was more significantly injured let alone wasn't in the best of moods. If you didn't know Rock tore tendons off his pelvis let alone suffered a hernia with 15 min. still remaining in the match. Also, according to reports the WWE did a last minute change before the match for Cena to win the match as originally The Rock was suppose to win & drop the title @ Extreme Rules. The Rock was not having a good night from a health & business perspectives.
    As for this blog from Rated_R(ob)KO, it's greatly flawed & not accurately correct on your facts especially in terms of The Rock & the business elements. You say business hasn't improved? You are factually wrong in more ways then one. The last three Wrestlemania PPV events w/ The Rock have reached over the 1 million buy rate mark while the five prior Wrestlemania PPV events none of them got higher then the 800 thousand buy rate mark & that was only one Wrestlemania out of the five to hit that mark as the rest were far lower. Viewership has improved (grealty in many ways) when The Rock is on BUT that's when people actually KNOW he's going to be on.But the real issue is WWE's marketing which is terribly lackluster & their cockeyed strategy on how they market & advertise is dreadful. I mean for example: WWE advertises as the main attraction for Smackdown a weight lifting competition between Ryback & Mark Henry??? When they should be advertising that The Rock is going to be on instead. He's the true main attraction let alone the biggest & most globe name the WWE has by a long shot. When WWE does advertise correctly the ratings do rise. Something WWE doesn't do anymore is market & advertise on other networks like they did 10-12 years ago. When The Rock returned in 2011 on RAW that show's viewership hit upwards to 7-8 million viewers which was highest rated viewership RAW had in a decade but word got out early that he was the man to be named the host of Wrestlemania & people tuned in but also the media tuned & covered it as well such as Entertainment Weekly, Yahoo, Hitflix, & many others. I could keep going on here but I think I've made my point in showing you are wrong.You can be ignorant or whatever but you didn't prove anyone wrong & whether you like or not The Rock makes for far better business for WWE. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by CULTOFPERSONALITY
    As for this blog from Rated_R(ob)KO, it's greatly flawed & not accurately correct on your facts especially in terms of The Rock & the business elements. You say business hasn't improved? You are factually wrong in more ways then one. The last three Wrestlemania PPV events w/ The Rock have reached over the 1 million buy rate mark while the five prior Wrestlemania PPV events none of them got higher then the 800 thousand buy rate mark & that was only one Wrestlemania out of the five to hit that mark as the rest were far lower. Viewership has improved (grealty in many ways) when The Rock is on BUT that's when people actually KNOW he's going to be on.But the real issue is WWE's marketing which is terribly lackluster & their cockeyed strategy on how they market & advertise is dreadful. I mean for example: WWE advertises as the main attraction for Smackdown a weight lifting competition between Ryback & Mark Henry??? When they should be advertising that The Rock is going to be on instead. He's the true main attraction let alone the biggest & most globe name the WWE has by a long shot. When WWE does advertise correctly the ratings do rise. Something WWE doesn't do anymore is market & advertise on other networks like they did 10-12 years ago. When The Rock returned in 2011 on RAW that show's viewership hit upwards to 7-8 million viewers which was highest rated viewership RAW had in a decade but word got out early that he was the man to be named the host of Wrestlemania & people tuned in but also the media tuned & covered it as well such as Entertainment Weekly, Yahoo, Hitflix, & many others. I could keep going on here but I think I've made my point in showing you are wrong.You can be ignorant or whatever but you didn't prove anyone wrong & whether you like or not The Rock makes for far better business for WWE. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Sometimes a short term solution is not good for overall business (e.g NWO running for as long as it did) The Rock does make money but how legitimacy is being taken away from present superstars? It shows that the E lacks confidence in its present roster and needs to acquire writers that actually give a damn instead of ones that go for cheap sales. The crowd in NJ was unbelieveable and if the E can ignite passion from the crowd, then they will crush present ratings. I say...let Rated_R(ob)KO do it.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.