View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

WrestleMania 29 predictions you can take to the bank

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
WrestleManiaXXIXlogo.jpg
We are just days away from the "Show of Shows" as WrestleMania 29 invades MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, April 7th.

The "Granddaddy of them all" is highlighted by not one, not two, but three main event matches: The Rock vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship, CM Punk vs. Undertaker, and Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred match.

And so, here's what will likely happen come Sunday:

The Intercontinental Championship match will be a lumberjack match.

In the lone match scheduled for the WrestleMania 29 ​pre-show, Wade Barrett will be defending his Intercontinental Championship against the Miz. In a effort to give all the male wrestlers who are not booked for WrestleMania 29 a WrestleMania paycheck, expect this match to be a lumberjack match in which the lumberjacks will include the likes of United States Champion Antonio Cesaro (expect him to enter a feud with a returning Christian after WrestleMania 29 is over), Alex Riley, The Great Khali, Curt Hawkins, Yoshi Tatsu, 3MB, Prime Time Players, Epico and Primo, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, Ted DiBiase, Zack Ryder, William Regal, Bo Dallas, Derrick Bateman, JTG, Michael McGillicutty, David Otunga, The Usos, Justin Gabriel, and Mason Ryan.

Randy Orton turns heel.

On paper, the team of Randy Orton, Sheamus, and the Big Show are heavily favored to defeat the upstart heel stable The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns).
However, WWE officials are very high on The Shield (who will be featured as "Jerks in the Month" in the May 2013 issue of WWE Magazine which hits newstands on April 18th) and the Aces and Eights (in which The Shield is rumored to be based on) stable has made Impact Wrestling one of Spike TV's most-watched shows.
Another reason is Orton's rumored heel turn http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...heel-turn-more. Orton's babyface run has gotten as stale as bread since he was drafted to SmackDown back in April 2011 in an effort to give the blue brand a top babyface. And now that brand extension has been discontinued due to the WWE wanting its content to flow across TV and online platforms "The brand split caused blockages," according to Stephanie McMahon and Orton now appearing on both RAW and SmackDown on a regular basis. In order for The Shield to look strong come Sunday, Orton must enter the dark side once again, which will set up an Alberto Del Rio-Randy Orton feud for the World Heavyweight Championship down the road.

Shawn Michaels will help Triple H defeat Brock Lesnar.

After Lesnar defeated The Game at last year's SummerSlam, Triple H wasn't gonna take the loss very lightly. Expect the Heartbreak Kid to pull out all the stops in preventing Lesnar to defeat Triple H this time around.

Kane and Daniel Bryan break up.

I expect the dysfunctional tag team Kane and Daniel Bryan to finally disbanded which will allow the team of Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston to win the tag team titles.

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk will be the match of the night.

I expect the highly-anticipated match between the Undertaker vs. CM Punk will be no doubt be the match of the night with Kane costing Punk the victory.

Dolph Ziggler will not cash in the Money in the Bank briefcase.

WWE Officials feel that Ziggler is not World Heavyweight Championship material as I expect him to cash in the MITB contract on SmackDown ​this week only for Del Rio to emerge victorious.

John Cena will not turn heel.

Let's face it: the WWE would be foolish to turn their numero uno Superstar heel because one, Cena draws and sells merchandise and two, Cena is involved in charitable work (see the Make-A-Wish Foundation).
In other words, it would be a huge mistake to turn Cena heel but expect him to be the new WWE Champion come Sunday.

Submit "WrestleMania 29 predictions you can take to the bank" to Digg Submit "WrestleMania 29 predictions you can take to the bank" to del.icio.us Submit "WrestleMania 29 predictions you can take to the bank" to StumbleUpon Submit "WrestleMania 29 predictions you can take to the bank" to Google

Updated 04-04-2013 at 12:22 AM by Dashing Rachel

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cool blog, though I wouldn't take many of those to the bank. Randy Orton doesn't have to turn heel for the shield to win, I mean, it could happen. Team Hell No! should keep the championships. And don't count out ziggy... obviously the wwe thinks he has what it takes to be world champion at some point or they would have had him either lose the briefcase already or not had him win the match at all.
    We shall see. There are plenty of Superstars (among them being Cesaro, Kofi, Truth, Ryder, Santino, and Sin Cara) who are not booked for WrestleMania 29 due to no Money in the Bank match (thanks to the Money in the Bank PPV) and the part-timers such as The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, and Triple H who draw.
    I hope something happens exciting such as a MITB cash in or a Cena heel turn.
    I noticed you had Curt Hawkins as a lumberjack. Isn't Curt Hawkins the FagNato character who's fighting Jericho?
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I noticed you had Curt Hawkins as a lumberjack. Isn't Curt Hawkins the FagNato character who's fighting Jericho?
    It's Faaan...Daaan...Gooooooooo! No, that's not Curt Hawkins, it's Johnny Curtis.
    Lets not forget, after the pipebomb and while a face, CM Punk was selling more merchandise than Cena. The only way to turn Cena face is to have Punk turn face down the road (like taking the time off he is planning on taking and returning to a heel Cena run WWE).
    do you know what will happen to the WWE if Ziggler cashes in MITB and loses?? the internet is going to go ape shit. They are NOT going to let tha happen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.