View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

WWE Superstars on the Chopping Block

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
In response to Thom Hodkinson's article on potential WWE releases http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...-YOU-RE-FIRED!, I have decided to make my prediction on WWE Superstars who are on shaky ground. Most point to the lower card Superstars and Divas, but there are several surprises on the list as I dissect the odds of these aforementioned Superstars and Divas and so, let's get to the list!

ALEX RILEY

The Varsity Villain made his debut as The Miz' lackey and was on his way to become a reliable mid-card babyface until his backstage incident with John Cena dashed his hopes. I would be surprised if Riley lasted until this fall.
ODDS ON BEING FIRED: HIGH

ANTONIO CESARO
The former Ring of Honor standout and current United States Champion has been mired in a funk as of late due to Vince McMahon not high on him and the WrestleMania 29 hype. But still, Cesaro is not in danger of losing his job, yet.
ODDS ON BEING FIRED: LOW

CODY RHODES
Ever since his lengthy Intercontinental Champion ended last spring, Rhodes has been slumping due to backstage heat for failing his Wellness Test. Not even his on-again, off-again partnership with Damien Sandow could save his struggling career. Now that the WWE plans on focusing on Sandow for a singles push, the same cannot be said for the son of Dusty Rhodes

CURT HAWKINS
When was the last time that the former Edgehead has been on TV?

DAVID OTUNGA
The Harvard alum has been MIA since his confidant John Laurinaitis has been "fired" last summer. But due to his Hollywood connections (he's the boyfriend of former American Idol contestant Jennifer Hudson), he's still expected to survive the latest round of cuts.

DERRICK BATEMAN
Who?

EPICO & PRIMO
Even though they're pretty much relegated to competing on Superstars and handicap matches, the lack of true tag teams on the roster should spare them from the chopping block.
ODDS ON BEING FIRED: MODERATE

EVAN BOURNE
The high-flier has been on the shelf with an injury and with two Wellness strikes against him, Bourne's days in WWE could be numbered

EZEKIEL JACKSON
The Guyanese Grappler has been nowhere to be found since last summer.

THE GREAT KHALI
As silly as his character may be, being the only WWE Superstar from India isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

HEATH SLATER
This year's Brooklyn Brawler, Slater has found a niche as the leader of 3MB and while he's been losing as of late, don't expect Slater to get the ax anytime soon (or his bandmates Jinder Mahal or Drew McIntyre, for that matter).

HORNSWOGGLE
As much as most of the IWC find him annoying, Hornswoggle has a purpose: to entertain the kids.

HUNICO & CAMACHO
These two men haven't been seen since last fall.

JTG
Although the former Cryme Tyme member has been relegated to Superstars as of late, JTG is one of the reliable jobbers on the roster and so, it could go either way.

JUSTIN GABRIEL
Another lesser-used high-flying babyfaces, Gabriel should be safe due to his ties to his native South Africa.

MICHAEL McGILLICUTTY
Joe Hennig's son may be a likely candidate to get released but not right now.

TED DiBIASE, JR.
The former Legacy has been MIA since last fall and it's possible that the son of the Million Dollar Man might retire in the very near future.

TENSAI
The former monster is finally finding his niche as a foil to Brodus Clay and so the jury's still out for Tensai.

YOSHI TATSU
The Japanese high-flyer is normally a leading candidate to get cut but with Tyson Kidd's injury, Tatsu should be safe--for now.

ZACK RYDER
Like Hawkins, Ryder hasn't fared much better but at least he should be spared from being released.

ALICIA FOX
The Foxy One hasn't been used much as of late and so expected her to leave on her own terms.

AKSANA
The Lithuanian beauty has had her role reduced when the Bella Twins returned from their year-long sabbatical.

SCOTT STANFORD
Stanford's role has been reduced since Tony Dawson was hired.

Submit "WWE Superstars on the Chopping Block" to Digg Submit "WWE Superstars on the Chopping Block" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Superstars on the Chopping Block" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Superstars on the Chopping Block" to Google

Updated 04-12-2013 at 11:09 AM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SHW
    dusty runs NXT, so we can consider him an executive in WWE.

no way Cody goes anywhere unless it is on his own terms.
    Oh yeah, Dusty Rhodes is the GM of NXT.
    Dibiase and Rhodes aren't going anywhere so long as their fathers work in the E' or they want to be released.

Bourne is coming off injury, so they'll give him another shot but he's definitely not being looked at it for anything substantial.

I would love if the E' released Cesaro, he deserves better.

Tensai is not going to be released now that they paired him with Brodus.

Ryder could get released because he pushing a lot of buttons he shouldn't be pushing.

Riley, JTG, Epico and Primo and a lot of developmental wrestlers have a good shot of being let go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere
    Cody Rhodes ain't goin nowhere and Yoshi is the only Asian guy right now. Asides from them, Hennig and Cesaro, I could care less if the rest of that list gets fired.
    I agree with your rhodes point...

Yoshi isn't the only asian on the roster... The Great Khali anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    I agree with your rhodes point...

Yoshi isn't the only asian on the roster... The Great Khali anyone?
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think Khali can be marketed to south-east asians. I get you're point though.
    Everyone forgets Sakamoto when talking about Tatsu!
    doubtful they'll release mcgillicutty, they seem to find him as a good training buddy for the part timers.
    ryders on the breadline if he doesnt change those shorts though
    Updated 04-13-2013 at 08:39 AM by j-train (forgot a line)
    Why is every so obsessed this time of year for massive firings?!? In case haven't noticed it's been a few years since had any. Most contracts are for less then they were 5 years ago and so more affordable. Many of the superstars you've mentioned as not seeing for some time are just coming back from injury as well. Many more can be seen on NXT (in my opinion the best WRESTLING show on TV right now). While I believe others could go, of your list I only see Bateman being released
    Your out of your mind if you think cody or cersaro are going anywhere, cody is great in and out the ring plus cesaro hasnt even been here long and is a great wrestler, the only reason vince isnt high on him is b/c he doesnt cooperate backstage the way vice expects him to
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.