View RSS Feed

RockBanditPhil

The RockBanditPhil Predictions for WrestleMania XXIX

Rate this Entry
I am sure that most of you are tired of seeing the WrestleMania 29 predictions posts (there are only about 50,000 of them on here). Nonetheless, I thought I would bore you with my own. I have done some deep thought over the past few weeks and the following post is how I *think* WrestleMania will turn out on Sunday night. The matches are presented in the order that I think they will be in.

Pre-show - Intercontinental Championship: Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz

This should be an excellent match for the pre-show. However, I would like to note that Miz's downward spiral is very unfortunate. Over two years, he goes from a main event win against John Cena at WrestleMania 27 to a spot on a tag team match at 'Mania 28 to a pre-show match at 'Mania 29...Oh well. I think this will be an excellent match. I see Wade Barrett retaining the championship. Although I could see them giving Miz the title in an effort to show how the pre-show match can supposedly matter with a championship changing hands.

WINNER and STILL Intercontinental Champion: Wade Barrett

1) Opening Match: Chris Jericho vs. Fandango.

Vince obviously has high expectations for Fandango. He has received a great deal of hype, not to mention the fact that his first match is at WRESTLEMANIA against CHRIS JERICHO. I have noticed that many are complaining that Jericho was not used for a more high-stage storyline. I am not intending to start a fight here, but I also see many complaining about the fact that WrestleMania tends to use too many high-profile matches anyway (Rock/Cena, Triple H/Lesnar). I trust that Vince is making the right choice. He wouldn't use Jericho against Fandango if he didn't have big plans for Fandango in the future. However, I have to say that I hope Fandango does not win this match. Jericho cannot be the scapegoat for putting younger guys over. He has done that enough over the past few years. I hope and think that Jericho will get this victory. However, it will be a very, very, very close match that will give Fandango a boost even with a loss. It will be similar to the John Cena debut against Kurt Angle.

WINNER: Chris Jericho

2) WWE Tag Team Championship: Team Hell No (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston

I have heard many predictions stating that Ziggler will surprisingly walk out of WrestleMania 29 without any production. I agree with this. I do not see the WWE putting a title on Ziggler just yet. Therefore, I see Team Hell No picking up the victory. However, Team Hell No's run is close to an end.

WINNERS and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions: Team Hell No

3) Ryback vs. Mark Henry

This will be a rather short match. In all honesty, this match will probably be horrible. I am a fan of Ryback but this match will definitely not be a WrestleMania classic that we remember years down the road. I see WWE's push of Ryback to continue. Ryback will struggle to Shell Shock Mark Henry but will finally pull it off for the 1-2-3. Cue Cole and Lawler freaking out about Shell Shocking Henry.

WINNER: Ryback

4) World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger

Ok, my card has way too many face victories, I realize this. However, I do not see Swagger winning the title at WrestleMania. Alberto Del Rio is being built as the replacement for Rey Mysterio to appeal to the Latino wrestling fans. Honestly, I think he is doing an excellent job. On Swagger's part, I love his new gimmick. Swagger needed to come back with some fuel after being a part of a tremendous downfall since his World title run. Swagger obviously needed a manager, as Colter has been an excellent piece for Swagger to step into the main event status as a heel. Nonetheless, I see Vince wanting to give ADR an impressive win against Swagger at the Grandest Stage of Them All with a cross armbreaker submission. This match could be a sleeper that steals the show. I expect some interesting activity between Colter and Rodriguez. I think Swagger will take out ADR after the match and Ziggler will come out. However, he will be stopped by Ricardo Rodriguez who once again sacrifices himself for ADR as Del Rio recovers.

WINNER and STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Alberto Del Rio

5) Sheamus, Randy Orton, & The Big Show vs. The Shield

I think there is only one correct booking for this match. The Shield has to win. Sheamus, Orton, and Show are established superstars in the business. They all have their WrestleMania wins and established careers. As a team that is portrayed to be in flux, beating The Shield would destroy months and months of buildup for the team. JBL labels them as the best team in WWE history. What would that say about them if they lost to a team that has been unable to cohesively operate? The Shield should get an impressive win by Triple Powerbombing The Big Show.

WINNERS: The Shield

6) The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

I debated on where to place this match in the lineup. I couldn't decide if it would precede the Lesnar/HHH match. However, Lesnar/HHH has more build. They have fought recently (SummerSlam), they have a more heated rivalry (Lesnar breaking 25 different limbs in total), and Triple H's career is on the line. Therefore, I place this match next. Although it is highly unlikely, I would LOVE to see a backstage faceoff between CM Punk and none other than Stone Cold Steve Austin before the match. This match will probably be way too long (I am looking at 30+ minutes). CM Punk will come very, very close to ending the streak. However, we all know that it isn't going to happen. Undertaker will struggle but pick up the win.

WINNER: The Undertaker

7) Tons of Funk vs. Team Rhodes Scholars

Bathroom/food plate reload break. NO ONE cares. Even Dusty Rhodes and Mama Funk are wanting this match to end.

WINNERS: Team Rhodes Scholars

8) No Disqualification Match: Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

I have spent a lot of time thinking about this match and its result. We all know that Triple H is almost done. Therefore, I could actually see Lesnar winning this match. However, I don't think it will happen. I see HBK getting involved. I am pretty sure Heyman will receive a Sweet Chin Music at some point. Brock might as well. In the end, I believe that a sledgehammer shot will end the match and "save" The Game's career. I can see a WrestleMania moment at the end of this match. New Age Outlaws come out and they beat the crap out of Brock Lesnar with HHH and HBK.

WINNER: Triple H

9) WWE Championship: The Rock (c) vs. John Cena

The most predictable match of the night probably. I have actually typed up another blog entry that gives 4 reasons why John Cena will win this match. I won't bore you with those reasons here. Simply put, John Cena WILL win this match. There is no way around it. I don't think that Cena will turn heel here. However, he will continue to hint at it by refusing to shake The Rock's hand at the end of the match and giving The Great One a "you can't see me."

WINNER and NEW WWE Champion: John Cena

Submit "The RockBanditPhil Predictions for WrestleMania XXIX" to Digg Submit "The RockBanditPhil Predictions for WrestleMania XXIX" to del.icio.us Submit "The RockBanditPhil Predictions for WrestleMania XXIX" to StumbleUpon Submit "The RockBanditPhil Predictions for WrestleMania XXIX" to Google

Comments

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.