View RSS Feed

Parts Unknown

Wrestlemania 29 "The card that should have been"

Rate this Entry

To all my wrestling fans,

I am super excited for this Sunday's Wrestlemania, as everyone should be. Now, I know that the current match card has got a fair bit of criticism and that is fair, but it is still going to be an amazing show and we should all be grateful that we have such a grand stage in which to watch our beloved wrestling.

In saying that, I think that the match card could have been a whole lot better, so I had a think about what could be different.

Take into consideration the following hypothetical scenarios:

Dolph Ziggler should have already cashed in MITB against Del Rio and won the WHC, probably at Elimination Chamber.

Big Show & Henry should have formed an alliance months ago. They are two giants with a mean streak that could be a dominant force together.

Tensai should have turned on Funkasaurus sometime over the past month. I know his heel run was stale, but he could maybe keep the dancing fat guy thing (but keep it dark/wear black) and maybe Cameron and Naomi could have betrayed Brodus and joined Albert, I mean Tensai.

WWE totally dropped the ball with not following up on Goldust vs Cody after the Royal Rumble. They and we have missed an opportunity that could have become a great storyline with Dusty involved.

So, this is what the Wrestlemania 29 card should be:

WWE Title Match: CM Punk vs John Cena vs The Rock (c)

World Heavyweight Title Match: Dolph Ziggler (c) w/Big E. Langston vs Chris Jericho

Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

WWE Tag Team Title Match: Team Hell No vs Big Show & Mark Henry

The Shield vs Ryback, Randy Orton, Sheamus

Brodus Clay vs Tensai

Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes w/ Dusty Rhodes special guest referee (or Booker T & Goldust vs Team Rhodes Scholars)

US title fatal four way: Antonio Cesaro (c) vs Kofi Kingston vs Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio

Pre Show: Intercontinental title: Wade Barrett vs. The Miz w/Ric Flair (cannot happen due to the unfortunate circumstances)

Now, I know it’s not perfect. Clay vs Tensai would probably be crap, but maybe we could add something else in there instead. Maybe Brodus vs Fandingo stole my baby, or something.

This Sunday will be awesome, but I feel that it could have been booked a little bit different to have made it better. This year there are too many rematches and feuds that don’t make sense.

Oh well, maybe they’ll get it right for 30.

Submit "Wrestlemania 29 "The card that should have been"" to Digg Submit "Wrestlemania 29 "The card that should have been"" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestlemania 29 "The card that should have been"" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestlemania 29 "The card that should have been"" to Google

Comments

y is everyone critising WWE foresight is a gd thing but WWE gave the best they could and they didnt know how the WWE universe would take it! no one did! they know that they didnt give it enough thats y they boosted stuff like Punk vs Taker with the ashes but next year has been in consideration for a few years so they will get it right especially if they have taker vs cena, Punk vs Orton vs Sheamus for wwe title, Rock vs Brock, HHH vs HBK, Ambrose vs Rollins vs Reigns for WHC because Reigns wins it and they all get jelous and Show vs Tensai vs Clay vs Henry vs Ryback vs Brodus Clay in a Battle-Royal for Intercontinental! but the best match they could do is Goldust W/ Booker T vs Cody Rhodes W/ Damien Sandow, Dusty Rhodes as Special Guest Ref in a hardcore match!
    Glad you are not the booker. How in the world can you sit there and try to prove your card is better when you have 2 of the worst active performers still performing at Mania on the show. Del Rio getting pushed back to the midcard makes what they did with the Big Show a huge waste. This is your "dream card"? You have Dolph cashing in to waste the oppurtunity of making him the first to cash in at Mania? Show/Henry make 0 sense. Lesnar vs Taker wouldn't be a good match. Cena should get his W back on the big stage in a bigger match with most prestigous prize on the line.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.