View RSS Feed

benfenton96

Wrestling's Fan Predictions- WrestleMania 29

Rate this Entry
Hi there everyone, WrestleMania 29 is just a few days away and I am so excited to be watching it! This will be my 7th consecutive WrestleMania I'll be watching live and even though I've heard a lot of people say this is one of the worst card's ever, I still believe that some of the matches can definitely deliver in one way or another. Here are my predictions of what will happen Sunday:

1) Intercontinental Championship- Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz:

Well we've seen on Monday Night RAW 2 weeks ago that these men can pull of an okay match so I'm expecting the same for the pre-show. Obviously not a classic but a decent match none the less. This should have been used for the actual card of Mania but I suppose the WWE have to make the pre-show look interesting at least.

My Prediction: The Miz defeats Barrett to win the title

2) Chris Jericho vs. Fandango:

I have a feeling that this match will open the show of WrestleMania with both men having some sort of grand entrance, especially Fandango. This feud hasn't really been clicking with me and I still think that Jericho should have a more high profiled match than this. Look for another good match here with Jericho bringing out the best of Fandango.

My Prediction: Jericho makes Fandango tap out to the Walls of Jericho

3) WWE Tag Team Championship- Team Hell No (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston w/A.J.

This will be the next match on the card and I give it about a 7-8 minute time limit. We see the debut of Big E Langston and hopefully we'll see a good amount of ring time between Daniel and Dolph as they can really pull of good matches every time there in the ring together. I expect Kaitlyn to maybe interfere in this match up and take out A.J. to distract Dolph who then loses the match for his team.

My Prediction: Team Hell No retains the title with Kane pinning Dolph after a Chokeslam.

4) Sheamus, Randy Orton & The Big Show vs. The Shield:

I think that this match will be near the start of the card due to the other high profiled matches that there are. The Shield have been made to look weak in my opinion over the past few weeks which isn't that good but hopefully they will make themselves relevant again with a good 6-man tag match against Orton, Show and Sheamus. I expect a brawl to break out near the end of the match with The Shield somehow winning. Despite the rumors I still don't think that Orton will turn heel in this match.

My Prediction: The Shield win by pinning Orton or Sheamus

5) Ryback vs. Mark Henry:

This is the match that I think will not good down with the New York fans at all. I would have much preferred Ryback vs. Big Show but we got Henry instead which isn't a bad replacement I suppose. I don't expect this match to go for very long and have the belief that Ryback will get Henry up somehow for the Shell Shocked. Be prepared to hear some boring chants during this match.

My Prediction: Ryback pins Henry with the Shell Shocked

6) Triple H w/Shawn Michaels vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman (No Holds Barred Match; If Triple H loses, his career is over)

I don't know about anyone else but I am actually really looking forward to this match. I knew that there'd be a rematch from last year's SummerSlam and I can't wait for these men to wage war on one another in an epic brawl. The added stipulation of if HHH loses his career is over is a good one and makes this rivalry even more personal. Expect a good amount of weapons to be used and for someone to go through the Spanish announce table. Michaels will superkick Heyman during the match which will then prompt Brock to attack HBK. Then, when it looks like Brock's gonna win Michaels comes in, Sweet Chin Music's Brock which leads to the Pedigree by HHH for the 1-2-3.

My Prediction: Triple H pins Lesnar after a Pedigree with help from HBK.

7) World Heavyweight Championship- Alberto Del Rio (c) w/Ricardo Rodriguez vs. Jack Swagger w/Zeb Colter

This is another match that I'm looking forward to and i think the build for it has been quite good. Yes, some things may have been repeated but I still think that this match has a good build behind it and that both men will do this match justice. Some near falls and near submissions will take place during the match and I expect Zeb Colter to try and interefere but to be caught by the ref and sent to the back, leading to Del Rio getting a pin fall on Swagger. I see a rematch at Extreme Rules, maybe not a Submission but more of a Street Fight where then Swagger will make Del Rio tap out to become the New World Heavyweight Champion.

My Prediction: Del Rio retains the World Title

8) Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyles vs. Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins.

This match should be on the pre-show by all means but I suppose the WWE want their Divas to be showcased to this is how they do it. Nothing special here with a quick 2-3 minute match probably with Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins getting a sneaky win. A quick bathroom break so that the fans can get ready for the next two main events.

My Predictions: Rhodes Scholars & Bella Twins win the one of the Bellas getting the pinfall

9) The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

This is the match I've been looking forward to the most. These men who fought before over the World Heavyweight Title but on Sunday it will be much, much more personal. Ever since Punk won the Fatal 4 Way on Old School RAW I've been wondering on what the feud will be built up upon. Then, with the unfortunate passing of Paul Bearer (R.I.P.) this feud had something to be centered around. I personally don't have a problem with WWE using the death of Bearer for this feud, especially if his children are okay with it, and The Undertaker must be otherwise he won't be doing the promos with Punk in the first place. I expect this to be a very good match and reminds me of when HBK went against Undertaker at WM 25, because it's a guy against Undertaker who can't do the power moves but finds other ways to win and gives a more fast paced match. Expect The Undertaker to nearly get disqualified and try to hit Punk with a chair, but he will stop himself and the match will continue.

My Prediction: Undertaker beats Punk with Hell's Gate. I love this feud but unlike other years with HHH & HBK, I don't have the belief that Punk can actually end the streak.

10) WWE Championship- The Rock (c) vs. John Cena:

Once in a lifetime? More like Twice in a Lifetime! I see why they are doing this match. When Cena lost last year it was a big blow to Cena and throughout the remainder of the year he wasn't seen at all as relevant as he usually is. This year is the year that Cena will finally win back the WWE Title and go on to have a good year in 2013. I expect the same sort of match last year with a good crowd to go behind it. Expect a lot of Cena sucks chants and you can't wrestle from the New York fans but for Cena to pull out the win. Also, I don't expect Cena to ever turn heel, just because of all his merchandise sales and let's face it, he's the hero that's on the Fruity Pebbles Cereal Box, if he goes heel, kids aren't gonna buy that cereal haha.

My Prediction: Cena beats The Rock with the A.A., he won't win by submission. What I'd love to happen is Brock cost The Rock the match and for Cena & Brock to form the New Two Man Power Trip, but that's just wishful thinking haha. I have another feeling that Cena may hold on to the title for a year and face Undertaker next year in a Streak vs. Title Match at WM 30!

Well there you have it everyone, sorry I've gone on too much but wrestling to me is one of the greatest things and I could write about it forever! I expect an overall good card out of this year's WrestleMania but for it also to be a pretty predictable card to say the least. My first Mania was WrestleMania 23, and I am gonna continue watching WrestleMania after WrestleMania until I die!

Leave your comments below, love or hate I don't really care, you have the right to say anything you want!

Submit "Wrestling's Fan Predictions- WrestleMania 29" to Digg Submit "Wrestling's Fan Predictions- WrestleMania 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestling's Fan Predictions- WrestleMania 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestling's Fan Predictions- WrestleMania 29" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

cannot believe you didnt have ziggler cash in mitb...see i knew he shouldve cashed it in at the rumble.. or hell since i was at hell in a cell in atlanta maybe there.. now no one gives a shite...and thats sad because its suppose to matter that you can be the champ at any time..what they should do is have mitb at mania like they did to start off.. and i like your rock cena ending and i like cenabrock, id like for the shield to be working for cena instead..anyhew..i like the rest of your card...

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.