View RSS Feed

jhorton1215

Road Wild: WM29 Preview and Predictions

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone, back with another installment of "Road Wild". I know the first time, I said I would be building my own version of WWE up until WrestleMania, but decided that was just too much to do since WWE kept throwing curveballs in the dirt. (Baseball reference)

So I've decided just to take the card, break it down, and give my thoughts and predictions for what I would like to see unfold.

PRESHOW

Match 1: Intercontinental Championship
Wade Barrett(c) vs. The Miz

Interest Level: 1.5
Prediction: The Miz

With The Marine 3 coming out, and Miz not taking the US Title from Cesaro, I feel WWE was just saving this win for him. Barrett's reign has been forgettable (but we can't blame that all on him), and WWE wants to give The Miz back a title that he lost to Kofi, who lost to Barrett. So I guess Kofi will win it back in a month or two. (Why is Kofi not on this card?)

Match 2: Clusterf*ck Match
Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins (Not announced for pre-show, just my guess)

Interest Level: .5
Prediction: Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bellas

I feel bad for Cody. I'm a huge supporter and he's stuck in this mess. I actually thought they would turn him face with all the angles with Kaitlyn. Might still happen, who knows... Anyways, The Heels have to win some matches on this card, since the Faces will mostly dominate.

END OF PRE-SHOW

======================

WWE PRESENTS:
WRESTLEMANIA 29

Video Package
America The Beautiful
Announcer Intros

Match 1: Tag-Team Championships
Team Hell No(c) vs. Team Zig E.

Interest Level: 3 (2.9 just from AJ)
Prediction: Toss-up

I really don't care who wins, just as long as Ziggler as made to look strong for later in the show... I'm sure most of you can guess where I'm going with this.

Match 2: My Bathroom Break Match
Ryback vs. Mark Henry

Interest Level: .5
Prediction: Ryback

I don't like Ryback. There's nothing about him that appeals to me, because I'm older than 13. I prefer Mark Henry, but Vince will have Henry put over his next "monster". Snore.

Match 3: World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto Del Rio(c) vs. Jack Swagger

Interest Level: 2
Prediction: Alberto Del Rio

To be honest, I'd have a higher interest level if the World Title was not involved in this feud. I would have picked Swagger, but then he got high. So I think Del Rio will go all "Juan Cena" and win the match, only... to have Dolph Ziggler cash-in with help from Big E. NEW WORLD CHAMPION. (For however long Creative lets him hold it)

(Lets insert Diddy's waste of time "concert" right here)

Match 4: 3 vs 3
The Shield vs. Big Show, Orton and Sheamus

Interest Level: 4
Prediction: The Shield

Like others have said. The Shield have already beaten the strongest team they could have faced. Losing here would kill all their momentum. Big Show will be able to get along with his team, however, he is not the one Sheamus couldn't trust. It shall be Randy Orton... A lot of people are predicting this to happen, and I think WWE should still go through with it here, only because Orton needs to turn and get heat behind him... Roman Reigns spears the Big Show, and The Shield win. Orton is not a member of The Shield, just turns due to "beef" with Sheamus.

Match 5: No Holds Barred
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

Interest Level: 2
Prediction: Triple H

Do I really need to explain?

Match 6: DWTS Jealousy Match
Chris Jericho vs. Faaaandaaaangoooo

Interest Level: 1
Prediction: Chris Jericho

You know, he doesn't have to lose to put someone over. Just having a great match, and losing would be good for Johnny Curtis. He can get his revenge attack afterwards, and leave Jericho motionless.

Match 7: The Streak
The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

Interest Level: 4
Prediction: Undertaker

I am a Punk fan, and I'd like to see him get a big win after jobbing to Dwayne for two straight PPV's... However, he's taking time off, and no way will the streak end this year, if ever. 21-0.

Match 8: Unannounced Divas Title Match
Kaitlyn(c) vs. AJ Lee

Interest Level: N/A
Prediction: Paige... Not really... I don't care

May or may not happen. But after all those matches before, these fans need a restroom break before Snoozefest 2.0.

Match 9: WWE Championship
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson(c) vs. John Cena

Interest Level: 1.5
Prediction: John Cena

Cena overcomes the odds, hits an AA and wins. He earns The Rock's respect, and they shake hands.

SIERRA
HOTEL
INDIA
ECHO
LIMA
DELTA

S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Shield enters through the crowd, Rock and Cena try to band together, but are quickly over matched. To the outside, Reigns spears Rock into the barricade, and then he is thrown into the steel steps... Cena gets Triple Powerbombed through the SPANISH announce table. WrestleMania 29 ends with the future of the WWE standing tall over the past and present.

==================

Hope you enjoyed.

Submit "Road Wild: WM29 Preview and Predictions" to Digg Submit "Road Wild: WM29 Preview and Predictions" to del.icio.us Submit "Road Wild: WM29 Preview and Predictions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Road Wild: WM29 Preview and Predictions" to Google

Comments

Fandango will likely win by cheating. Like Jericho really needs the W here.

Barrett wins.....

Rest I agree with other than your interest levels.
    I love how you formatted the blog. Easy to read, short and sweet, straight to the point and good diction. Also, love your idea of having the Shield take out Cena and Rock after the main event.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Fandango will likely win by cheating. Like Jericho really needs the W here.

Barrett wins.....

Fandango, probably will win, just thought I'd go out on a limb.

I'm not sure about Barrett, at this point. This whole "feud" is just pointless and based on the fact that both guys were in a recent movie. I don't care for Miz at all, but I just feel like he'll pull it out.

And yeah, it's just my personal interest level. Those will vary from each person.
    Why write this blog if you are just basically going to say that you havent got any intrest in the matches and it sounds like you dont care.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJarvis100
    Why write this blog if you are just basically going to say that you havent got any intrest in the matches and it sounds like you dont care.
    The bad punctuation and spelling keep me from wanting to respond to you, but I will...

I wrote the blog, because I'm disappointed that I don't care. I wanted that to be my intention. I care for 2 matches on the show, but the (lack of) build-up for the other matches, along with a few rematches, have made me sour on the show as a whole. I believe the show will be end up being good, if done right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Barrett wins.....

I think Barrett's losing.

They've been giving Miz title shot after title shot after title shot since the beginning of the year. Something's gotta give.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.