View RSS Feed

davieoooo

Over-thinking RAW.... just enjoy!

Rate this Entry
Over-thinking about how good or bad WWE or TNA is, something we are all guilty of.

Whilst watching Monday Night Raw now it seems a must that we should all be on twitter during the show to see whats trending, then we should go on to various websites to see what everyones opinions is and then offer our opinion of the show. We all sit there and critique the show, whether we are reading or writing about it. Whatever happened to the years when we used to tune into Raw (and Nitro at the time) and just enjoy it? Not over think things, not complain about what we had to watch but when we were just thankful of the entertainment on offer.

I remember in the 90's taping RAW on a Friday night, yes VHS recording and Raw was shown on a Friday night in the UK then for anyone who started watching after the Attitude Era. I would then sit on a Saturday morning with my Nanna and watch RAW and be on the edge of my seat, even before the Attitude Era when it got really good. We didn't sit there complaining about whether something was boring, or they should have done something different, or how much we hated it and then would still watch the next week. We would simply sit down, watch RAW and enjoy the entertainment on offer.

Now it seems as if everyone has to have an opinion and there always has to be something wrong with the product. Everyone seems to be an expert and seems to think that they can write better scripts and the WWE writers are useless. News for people: they are human! They can't please every single person every week!

Yes, the WWE can be dull sometimes but so can every other show on TV. For these people who have to complain about what they are watching, just try this for once... Sit back, relax and just enjoy the entertainment that some people in the world aren't fortunate enough to witness. Otherwise just turn off and lighten up .

Submit "Over-thinking RAW.... just enjoy!" to Digg Submit "Over-thinking RAW.... just enjoy!" to del.icio.us Submit "Over-thinking RAW.... just enjoy!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Over-thinking RAW.... just enjoy!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

As much as I'd like to agree with you, times change. Back when we were watching Raw in the 90s, the internet wasn't as prevalent. I'm sure there are people back then who wanted to complain, but didn't have the forum to do so. Now, it's just a click away. I think the internet has partly ruined some wrestling (mostly WWE to be honest). Also keep in mind that the product has drastically changed. While wrestling companies will always be about making money, some companies can still churn out good wrestling in the process and don't have to undergo such crazy changes, like we've seen with WWE and TNA over the last decade.
    In reality, I do know that these recent episodes are awesome. I think that this recent criticism in due to the timing that we have seen great wrestlemania seasons. Think back to WM 27 season, I think that with the exception of Rock returning..the season was very dull. Then we got an incredible wrestlemania season last year. And I think the criticism is just the nature of the beast whenever you follow switch from dull to great and back to a more dull season. Thats my opinion on it.
    P.S. Check out my blog...its my first one lol
    Agree with you both, last year was a brilliant wrestlemania season and with this year being dull i think next year will be epic especially with it being WM30. Also even though the internet has partly ruined wrestling it is still good that fans can interact with each other but it just gets annoying sometimes when we get the wrestling fans that complain every week about what they are watching but then still tune in :s lol
    Quote Originally Posted by K-O-W KINGS!
    As much as I'd like to agree with you, times change. Back when we were watching Raw in the 90s, the internet wasn't as prevalent. I'm sure there are people back then who wanted to complain, but didn't have the forum to do so. Now, it's just a click away. I think the internet has partly ruined some wrestling (mostly WWE to be honest). Also keep in mind that the product has drastically changed. While wrestling companies will always be about making money, some companies can still churn out good wrestling in the process and don't have to undergo such crazy changes, like we've seen with WWE and TNA over the last decade.
    I have to disagree with this. I think the internet has influenced complaining, not the other way around. Before the internet, I don't think people had things to say like, "Wow, WWE creative sucks because Dolph Ziggler tapped out to the Miz". or "Wow, Hogan is such an idiot. He's ruining TNA."
    Funny you mentioned using a VHS to record Raw. I never understood the logic of "DVR did not exist back in the day so everybody had to flip back and forth between Nitro and Raw." I used to always watch Nitro live only because it started an hour earlier. Meanwhile, I would record Raw on another TV and then watch it the next day. Also, TNT would always show back to back episodes of Nitro. Therefore, if you wanted to watch Monday Night Football and only had one VCR, you record Raw and then record the encore presentation of Nitro. Sorry for the rant
    Quote Originally Posted by weems
    Funny you mentioned using a VHS to record Raw. I never understood the logic of "DVR did not exist back in the day so everybody had to flip back and forth between Nitro and Raw." I used to always watch Nitro live only because it started an hour earlier. Meanwhile, I would record Raw on another TV and then watch it the next day. Also, TNT would always show back to back episodes of Nitro. Therefore, if you wanted to watch Monday Night Football and only had one VCR, you record Raw and then record the encore presentation of Nitro. Sorry for the rant
    They were the good old days haha the young fans will probably be wondering what the hell VHS is lol

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.