View RSS Feed

Jerm2897

Where's The Build Up??

Rate this Entry
Hello Everyone ! I am new to doing the whole blog thing. But this is something that I have wanted to do for awhile now. I know I enjoy others opinions and input, but please don't bash me to hard my first time out!

I am 32 years old and have been watching wrestling for as long as i can remember. The one thing that has changed for the worse. (In my Opinion). Is that there is no real build up for any ppv. When I was a kid and we only had the big 4 and then the addition of the King of the Ring it made five. I tuned in every week waiting to see what would happen as the matches were announced and the build began. We would have months of interviews, taunting, brawling,and ringside interference. Sometimes the build was so great that you couldnt wait to see the match. At the conclusion of the ppv I always felt I got my money's worth. Even if all the matches weren't great. We still got an ending to the build that held our attention. In today's wrestling market the price of the ppv has more than doubled and we now have them coming as soon as three weeks apart. I know people will say "there's to many". Sometimes I agree but you can still have all those ppv and BUILD the storylines up. I for one am tired of paying for a ppv that the only match I for sure know is the main event and maybe one or two other matches. For the most part we get a last minute thrown together match that has no real build and no real meaning. I dont mind seeing the same match for two or three ppv's if the storyline is intriguing. For instance in recent memory. Randy Orton vs Christian, CM punk vs Daniel Bryan. We had build. We had a feud. We had things we wanted to see. I'm just not a big fan of buying something when I'm not exactly sure what im going to see. We buy for the main event or a big feud. The problem is if those two matches don't deliver we feel as if the ppv was a waste. The undercard needs storylines and build up to. Make the whole ppv unfold and make us feel as if we got our money's worth..I for one would pay more for a quality ppv from top to bottom.
Well that's it for my first blog. If I seem to get a decent reaction I may do another. I already have an idea for the next. Please be gentle with your comments and remember it's just one humble man's opinion!!

Submit "Where's The Build Up??" to Digg Submit "Where's The Build Up??" to del.icio.us Submit "Where's The Build Up??" to StumbleUpon Submit "Where's The Build Up??" to Google

Comments

I agree. But every PPV this year so far has got good build (Then again it's WM time) Lets hope they can keep it up. And not have "I hate you lets fight" feuds.
    Its true PPV's dont get enough build but thats mainly because they have to build up Raw, Smackdown and even Main Event. I wish WWE would focus more on the so called "mid-card" matches as equally as the main event of the particular PPV.
    also it is not easy to build up a match or a ppv when you have a part timer as wwe champion, the wwe champion should be one of the big selling points and so far the road to wrestlemania is missing what it revolves around, the wwe championship, also the mid-carders are getting thrown to the side to get a feud that nobody likes shoved in our face so that it forces us to enjoy it.
    Good first post. I have to agree with you here. WWE and TNA both have this problem. To me it is a problem of misplaced priorities. Nowadays the TV product is seen as more important than the PPVs, which financially makes sense, but it really hurts the product. When you book your company based on last weeks ratings the storylines and continuity gets lost in the shuffle. For WWE it seems like they just have way to much going on to even keep track. WWE puts out around 8 hours of new programming every week, that is a ton. As for TNA, it seems like they have no clue and are watching WWE to be their example.
    i totally agree the build is just not there or its not consistent. Vinnie mac is changing the raw plans on the fly every week it seems now. it puts more stress on creative and the superstars themselves now hopefully with the wee spending more money on creative and hhh having the input now things are slowly changing. with the wrestlers now starting to be able to go off bullets instead of a full script the build up magic can now be greater hopefully classic. it sucks being thrown in between feuds it ruins the flow of what should be important which is being consistent and getting it done right... good job again

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.