View RSS Feed

Dashing Rachel

Why part-timers are ruining WWE's mid-card?

Rate this Entry
WrestleManiaXXIXlogo.jpg
From the day after the Elimination Chamber PPV to WrestleMania, popular WWE mid-carders such as Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, R-Truth, The Miz, Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro, Sin Cara, and Zack Ryder are being pushed aside by part-time WWE Superstars such as The Rock (the current WWE Champion), Triple H, Undertaker, and Brock Lesnar as of late.

It seems that the WWE is relying too much on these aforementioned part-timers alongside full-timers such as John Cena and CM Punk in a desperate attempt to draw ratings for Monday Night RAW and to a lesser extent, Friday Night SmackDown as well as generate plenty of buys for WrestleMania 29 which takes place on Sunday, April 7th at MetLife Stadium in Meadowlands, New Jersey.

The reason is simple. Cena draws. The Rock draws, Triple H draws. Punk draws. Lesnar draws. Undertaker draws. All six of these men get plenty of reaction from the WWE Universe. Add Paul Heyman, who is no doubt one of the most over heels in WWE history.

By contrast, guys like Rhodes and Ryder don't draw as well and are usually relegated to competing on WWE Superstars and Saturday Morning Slam due to the fact that WWE Creative has nothing for them during the critical WrestleMania season.

As a result, expect guys like Rhodes, Ryder, Sandow, Kingston, Sin Cara, The Miz, Barrett, Cesaro, and R-Truth to be relegated to the WrestleMania 29 pre-show on YouTube (either a battle royal or a lumberjack match) alongside the likes of Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Drew McIntyre, Brodus Clay, David Otunga, Tensai, JTG, Justin Gabriel, Ted DiBiase, The Great Khali, Epico, Primo, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, William Regal, Santino Marella, and Yoshi Tatsu.

But once WrestleMania 29 is in the books, expect everything to be back to normal on both RAW and SmackDown...until weeks leading up to SummerSlam​, that is.

Submit "Why part-timers are ruining WWE's mid-card?" to Digg Submit "Why part-timers are ruining WWE's mid-card?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why part-timers are ruining WWE's mid-card?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why part-timers are ruining WWE's mid-card?" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ....and admit it neither does current IWC mancrush Ziggler. He does not draw except a bunch of fan boys to their computers to fawn over him.
    Of course guys like Rhodes, Sandow, and Ziggler don't draw. The "WWE Universe" has no reason to believe that they are important or special because creative doesn't build them up that way. And then when they do try to do something with the undercard (like the Highlight Reel segment 2 weeks ago and the PTP segment on last Monday's Raw) everyone shits on them for it. It's really a lose-lose situation.
    Hi I deffenantly agree with you on that.. And its sad because it hurts the product in the long run. Not to mention as of late hhh has got no crowd reactioreaction his ending segment was horrible he split open a second person in three Weeks I hope it changes after mania and we will once agian see our fav mid carder hopfully doing some.great things since supposivley they are gonna.spend.more.money on creative
    @Anakincane...AMEN!

@FunkyKong...My take on it is, I think WWE creative is smart enough to see that these guys simply aren't star potential. Look at how much they had to put into CM Punk to make him even the lowest of stars that he is now. That's because he has the potential. The Wade Barretts, Dolph Zigglers, and those guys will eventually be champ and head up the WWE, but it's happening at a time when WWE is reaching some very very low points in terms of true talent and true star power.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    @Anakincane...AMEN!

@FunkyKong...My take on it is, I think WWE creative is smart enough to see that these guys simply aren't star potential. Look at how much they had to put into CM Punk to make him even the lowest of stars that he is now. That's because he has the potential. The Wade Barretts, Dolph Zigglers, and those guys will eventually be champ and head up the WWE, but it's happening at a time when WWE is reaching some very very low points in terms of true talent and true star power.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I believe that is also why you see Ryback, a relatively new guy, getting a singles match on the card. Likewise, the Shield are in a legit match opposed to the battle royal or youtube only pre-show. I think the WWE brass sees the Shield and Ryback as future main event guys and is not as confident in their other mid-carders.
    Ive said it a thousand times, the big stars and draws got their legacies from their wrestlemania moments. These guys are not getting those moments, not even chances. Were just in a different time right now, different ideals of booking, over saturation of product....etc.

The thing to keep in mind too, as much as I hate the part timers coming back and taking over, these guys all mentioned are still very early in their careers, relatively. Taker was in the company about 4-5 years before he was one of the biggest draws, he was always unique obviously, but rarely headlining. Austin, HHH, Foley, these guys all paid dues, which a lot of these guys will, because when they dont, they go the way o f the Miz. I just think its wrong for you guys to dismiss a bunch of these guys right off the top as not having potential. Ziggler, sandow, rhodes, Cesaro, barrett, are all great workers that are multi dimensional. I think they still have tons to offer and are great at what they do, as a matter of opinion. Even Kofi, if they actually took the time to create a character and an angle (whatever that is) and a plan. And The Miz of course, well, fuck that guy.
    It baffles me that a lot of folks are upset because of them coming back. Everyone begged for these guys to return. They are back.....everyone is still finding something to complain about.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.