View RSS Feed

TheGreatOne

Wrestlemania 29 booking challenge

Rate this Entry
I know are thinking another WM29 card? Why? This time we are doing this of how we would book it. Not just a bunch of rumored matches. Saw many including my own having rumored matches rather than just booking the show themselves. Booking challenge? I'm asking readers to make up their own card to leave it in the comment section below. Rules: No more than 10 matches on the card. 2. You must feature stars like Lesnar/Rock/Cena on the show. 3.You can't book people on the card who isnt in the roster section on WWE.com. So no Sting, Golderg, and so on. 4.Whoever the champions are still champions when you book them on the card. Which means no Punk vs Taker for the WWE title. 5.Book the best roster possible in your mind+ a Divas match must be on the show. 6. Exlain next to the matches why you had them and how you would build them towards WM29. Here is my card minus the rumored matches:

US title: Antonio Cesaro vs Big Show-After doing his finisher on Khali. He claims he can do that to anybody on the WWE roster. Big Show's music hits and he bails. Big Show asks him to try him out with that belt on the line at Mania. Big Show says he will teach the young punk a lesson at Mania. Cesaro claims Big Show is the poster boy for what is wrong with America cuz he is big, fat, and stupid like the rest of America. W=Cesaro.

Fatal 4-way tag titles: Team Hell No! vs Rhodes-Scholars vs Alex Riley/Miz vs R-Truth/Kofi-Not elimination cuz it would take too much time. Why Kofi/Truth? Recently reformed and both have a history of being tag champs. Them being in the match adds more prestige because they were champs. Miz gotta be on the show. Reforms a team with Riley during one of his Miz TV segments claiming he wants Riley's help to get back to the top of WWE. I'd have Riley turn on Miz during a tag title match vs the winner in the coming months on a ppv. I'm a huge fan of Rhodes/Scholars. I hope they are on the ppv at Mania, but doubt it. Have them win here and feud with rest of face tag teams in the coming months. Tag titles should be defended at Mania to keep that prestige. I don't want the tag titles to mean nothing again. Team Hell No loses tag titles and rematch at Extreme Rules vs Rhodes-Scholars in a Ladder match. Goldust returns to help Rhodes/Scholars win tag title. Be the manager in coming months.

IC title: Wade Barrett vs Chris Jericho
-Student vs teacher type of thing here. I hope they do this match for the actual Mania. No need for Miz involvement. I would have built it like this: Chris Jericho interrupts when Barrett was bragging about being in a new movie. Talks about him coming a long way since NXT having gold around his waist, being a movie star, and so on. Barrett claims he doesn't want Jericho's praise cuz he has surpassed Jericho and that he believes he will be he greatest IC champ of all-time. Jericho responds saying to be one of the best IC champs of all-time you got to beat the record holder of the most times holding the belt. Whats it to you? You can beat me at WM and prove you are better. What is in it for me? record setting 10x IC champ. Have Fozzy perform on one of the Raws before Mania with Barrett attacking him from behind. Also have them face former IC champs leading up to Mania including HTM vs Barrett.W=Barrett.

Divas title: Kaitlyn vs Layla-Since the Divas title has got to be on the ppv I'd say this match would make the most sense. The most experiences of all the divas on the roster right now. Layla looking at the belt and what not. Build it towards you really don't have friends when you have the gold. Help put Kaitlyn over a bit if you'd ask me. I didn't use AJ here simply because Kaitlyn should hold the title longer if you ask me. Beating AJ with Big E out there with her would make 0 sense. Not really helping out Kaitlyn with AJ's limited ring work with Divas. W=Kaitlyn!

World title: Del Rio vs Jack Swagger w/Zeb Colter-I lke the Swagger/Zeb thing with America. However, recent Raw was like....ugh. Del Rio winning along with the next match is what I'd rather see. Del Rio celebrating than out of no where Mark Henry attacks Del Rio from behind laying him out. Chasing his ring announcer out of the arena. Dolph's music hits.....

World title: Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler w/AJ & Big E Langston
-After many failed attempts to cash in, Dolph asks Mark Henry to do the job with award in mind after Extreme Rules Iron Man match vs Del Rio in a rematch for the world title. Ziggler cashes in MITB to be the first to do so at Mania on a face who was winning for his people "LOL!". How can you not boo Ziggler after that?I wouldn't, but still should get some heat after that. Mark Henry's involvement is going to get in Big E's head that Ziggler is using him in an attempt to win back the world title.

6 man tag: Shield vs HHH, Orton, and Sheamus
-HHH returns on Raw to address the Shield who cant be beat by the superstars he selected that could beat them. Names like Team Hell No, Ryback, and John Cena can't stop them. He claims he is going back in the ring to stop the Shield. Why? Involvement with Punk winning matches in previous months. Matches that were for the WWE title.I can't sit back and watch from a desk any longer. Sheamus music hits and tells H he wants to beat the Shield as well. Orton music hits with Orton asking Sheamus how many times does he have to lose to the shield before he realizes he can't beat them? Orton claims he can beat them on his own. Sheamus and H laugh at him. You wait and see, I'll be the one who gives the RKO to the defeated man at Mania. Orton tells HHH that having Sheamus on the team is a bad idea because he ended HHH's active career a couple of years ago.The past is the past Randy, but Orton interrupts HHH telling him he made a mistake. Practice match on Raw before Mania. 3 face 3mb and Sheamus misses Slater and brogue kicks HHH. Orton tells HHH before their match at Mania that he did it on purpose. Sheamus getting ready to hit the brogue kick on Seth Rollins to end the Mania match, but Orton hits him with an RKO. Shield wins with Orton turning heel. Faces Sheamus at Extreme Rules with HHH as the special ref.

Ryback vs Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman-Instead of returning during Vince/Heyman match. He returns during Ryback vs Heyman. Instead of using all his appearance dates since that happened in January. He addresses Ryback once in between Chamber ppv and than from his home while Ryback is in the ring after losing his WWE title match to Punk the previous week thanks to the Shield. Brock heard that Ryback was the "next big thing" from fans, wrestlers around the world. He was sick of it. He had to shut their mouths especially when he was going to face Paul Heyman. Beating up a manager doesn't make you a top star in this business. You arn't in my league nor do you deserve to have a match vs Brock Lesnar, Heyman says w/Brock next to him chuckling a bit as the fans boo. Brock makes a return to Raw to address his future in WWE. What is next for Brock Lesnar, Ryback's music hits. Rybacks says he has the answer to that question: a beating from me!! He comes down to the ring with Heyman making Lesnar get out of the ring. Heyman asks what makes him think he deserves a match with Lesnar? We discussed this months ao. Heyman says Ryback you couldn't even beat me via pinfall or submission. Vince comes out making the match between Ryback and Heyman.If Ryback wins, he gets his match with Lesnar at WM along with no Lesnar allowed at ringside. Ryback wins with a stupid contract signing. He attacks Lesnar and picks him up,but he failed to lift him. Lesnar F-5s him.Can Ryback lift him which is the theme for this match similar to how the build was for Big Show vs Lesnar at Survivor Series 02. Ryback wins of course!

Undertaker vs CM Punk w/Paul Heyman-Like how WWE has done it especially with the urn involvement. Taker wins of course, but what I'd do with the match would be pretty cool. I hope this happens as well. Lights go out during a pin by Taker after a Last Ride with the ref down. Shield triple team Taker, but lights go out again. This time with old school Kane when lights would go out and that music would play until the pyro hits and lights go back on. Brothers of Destruction chokeslam Rollins and Ambrose. Double chokeslam Reigns. They leave through the crowd as Kane goes after them. Punk gets up and Taker turns into a GTS. Ref crawls and counts, but Taker gets his shoulder up. He sits up after Punk yells at the ref it is a 3. Taker hits the tombstone to win the match of course.

WWE title: The Rock vs John Cena
-Like I said before, I'm probably the minority who wants Cena/Rock 2 simply because Cena didn't win the first time. I like the vet usually to have the younger guy go over. Especially a vet who has hardly on the show. However, I dont want Cena/Rock 3 at Mania. If a match like that would occur. Should happen at Extreme Rules or at Summerslam.

There you have it, my WM29 card minus the rumored matches that will take place. How'd I do? Do you have a card? Are you up to the challenge? Leave that in the comment section below. Thanks for reading.....hope you enjoyed!!

(subject to change)Blogs coming up:
Why isn't Taker Mr.WM?
Top 5 best and worst WM matches of all-time(requested)

Submit "Wrestlemania 29 booking challenge" to Digg Submit "Wrestlemania 29 booking challenge" to del.icio.us Submit "Wrestlemania 29 booking challenge" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wrestlemania 29 booking challenge" to Google

Comments

Love the idea of an old-school Kane coming out. I think we definitely need something to align with the power of the urn to ramp up the drama in the Taker vs Punk match. Besides, surely we aren't supposed to believe Punk can have a serious go at Taker without some interference when HHH took a chair and other weapons and knocked ten bells of s*** out of Taker last year and still couldn't get it done.
    Okay im going to give this a go:

1. No DQ Match - The Undertaker -v- Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman

We all know Lesnar hates Taker so this could be a real easy one to get fans to buy into. Could have Brock destroying Taker in the build up to Mania on Raw with Cole etc saying that the streak is in real jepordy now. It's the match that I really wanted to see. Heyman could be used to talk it up a bit more too.....Obviously an Undertaker win but by a quick submission maybe to shock people.

2. WWE Title - The Rock -v- John Cena

Purely because I cant think of another more interesting use of these two guys. Cena win, would like to say with a heel turn but that's never going to happen.

3. Iron Man Match - CM Punk -v- Daniel Bryan

I think a properly serious fued (without AJ Lee involved) between these two could be great. Could start off with them being best friends and tagging for a bit but then Punk turning heel. Could even build this up with them attacking eachother at indie events. Winner: Daniel Bryan

4. World Heavyweight Title Match - ADR -v- Jack Swagger

Was quite happy with this fued and the whole Tea Party angle on it. It's relavent and is a great way to get heat on the robotic Swagger. Winner: Jack Swagger

5. MITB Ladder Match - Randy Orton -v- Kofi Kingston -v- Kane -v- Cody Rodes -v- The Miz -v- Antonio Caesario -v- Mark Henry -v- Sin Cara

Kind of just threw together people because I think Mania should have a MITB match. Winner: Randy Orton (with a heel turn to come)

6. 6 Man Tag Match - The Shield -v- D-Generation X (HHH & The New Age Outlaws)

Why the fuck not? That's why! Have The Shield invade a D-X reunion. Have them take out Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash and maybe even cut some promo's on Scott Hall to build some legit heat on the Shield. Winners: The Shield but with D-X having the last laugh and getting their finnishers on them post match so everyone goes home happy.

7. Intercontinental Title - Wade Barrett -v- Sheamas

With Barrett as the heel could really build this as England -v- Ireland. Have Barrett be-little Ireland and continuously say the British are superior etc. Winner: Sheamas

8. Dolph Ziggler -v- Chris Jericho

These guys are great together. Is a great chance to really put over Dolph on the biggest stage. Winner: Dolph Ziggler

9. The Big Show -v- Ryback

Can Ryback pick up the Giant? (deja vu anyone?) I think this would work and again would be a good way to put of Ryback on the biggest stage. As far as im concerned he's not ready for main eventing yet so this is a good start for him.

Anyway there's my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyd
    Okay im going to give this a go:

1. No DQ Match - The Undertaker -v- Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman

We all know Lesnar hates Taker so this could be a real easy one to get fans to buy into. Could have Brock destroying Taker in the build up to Mania on Raw with Cole etc saying that the streak is in real jepordy now. It's the match that I really wanted to see. Heyman could be used to talk it up a bit more too.....Obviously an Undertaker win but by a quick submission maybe to shock people.

2. WWE Title - The Rock -v- John Cena

Purely because I cant think of another more interesting use of these two guys. Cena win, would like to say with a heel turn but that's never going to happen.

3. Iron Man Match - CM Punk -v- Daniel Bryan

I think a properly serious fued (without AJ Lee involved) between these two could be great. Could start off with them being best friends and tagging for a bit but then Punk turning heel. Could even build this up with them attacking eachother at indie events. Winner: Daniel Bryan

4. World Heavyweight Title Match - ADR -v- Jack Swagger

Was quite happy with this fued and the whole Tea Party angle on it. It's relavent and is a great way to get heat on the robotic Swagger. Winner: Jack Swagger

5. MITB Ladder Match - Randy Orton -v- Kofi Kingston -v- Kane -v- Cody Rodes -v- The Miz -v- Antonio Caesario -v- Mark Henry -v- Sin Cara

Kind of just threw together people because I think Mania should have a MITB match. Winner: Randy Orton (with a heel turn to come)

6. 6 Man Tag Match - The Shield -v- D-Generation X (HHH & The New Age Outlaws)

Why the fuck not? That's why! Have The Shield invade a D-X reunion. Have them take out Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash and maybe even cut some promo's on Scott Hall to build some legit heat on the Shield. Winners: The Shield but with D-X having the last laugh and getting their finnishers on them post match so everyone goes home happy.

7. Intercontinental Title - Wade Barrett -v- Sheamas

With Barrett as the heel could really build this as England -v- Ireland. Have Barrett be-little Ireland and continuously say the British are superior etc. Winner: Sheamas

8. Dolph Ziggler -v- Chris Jericho

These guys are great together. Is a great chance to really put over Dolph on the biggest stage. Winner: Dolph Ziggler

9. The Big Show -v- Ryback

Can Ryback pick up the Giant? (deja vu anyone?) I think this would work and again would be a good way to put of Ryback on the biggest stage. As far as im concerned he's not ready for main eventing yet so this is a good start for him.

Anyway there's my two cents.
    Dude. That was probably the best version of someone's WM card I've seen on here. That's exactly how I would book it for all the same reasons. Well done.
    You broke your own rule! You said only currently active superstars on the roster can be featured but you have goldust helping rhodes scholars win.other than that, i really like how you booked everything. And the cool thing is that all of these matches seem plausable.
    Quote Originally Posted by blink
    You broke your own rule! You said only currently active superstars on the roster can be featured but you have goldust helping rhodes scholars win.other than that, i really like how you booked everything. And the cool thing is that all of these matches seem plausable.
    I should have been more specific meaning booking those dudes in matches.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.