View RSS Feed

Brian Cice

The Stryke Zone: TNA vs WWE

Rate this Entry
Howdy people and welcome to the Stryke Zone. This is my first blog and I decided to take a swing and give my opinion on the everlong internet battle of TNA vs WWE.

First a quick run through at the big matches coming up in both companies.

TNA: Their Lockdown PPV is coming up and it's Jeffy Hardy vs Bully (Bubba) Ray for the World title.

Sting and his team will face the stable Aces and Eights, a rag tag biker like stable.

WWE: Wrestlemania is this month and it is The Rock vs John Cena for the WWE title.

CM Punk faces Undertaker to try and beat the streak.

Alberto Del Rio faces jack Swagger for the World Heavyweight title
.................................................. .................................................. .........

Okay I'll start with WWE first. Many people are complaining about this year's Wrestlemania. They understandably don't want to see John Cena beat the Rock for the WWE title. Now as a person who doesn't mind Cena I don't mind this. I thought it would have been better for Punk to stay champion till Wrestlemania and have Cena beat him, but I'm not on the writing team.

WWE has both very critical and very loyal fans. As does TNA, but WWE gets more scrutiny by the internet. Most times I see people start arguements with a comment like, WWE sucks balls, but never see them back up their arguments with good facts. As a life long fan of the WWE, 10+ years and counting, I'll admit I do miss the old days. I got into the wwe after the end of the invasion, so I got to see the "evolution" from that to ruthless agression, to the product on the tvs now.

I can say I don't mind what WWE puts on tv each week. I like to keep things simple when I watch. I boo heels, cheer faces. The main feuds interest me and make me want to get the ppvs, which i don't cause I'm poor...but that's not important right now. The Shield is the right step for the WWE. Many people were finally happy when Dean Amrbose and Seth Rollins got their call ups. Personally Ambrose annoys me to no end and I can't see how people like him, but he has a huge fan base.

The WWE is slowly starting to shift. It may not be obvious to some, but they are slowly but surely shifting to a new era. What that era is, we can't tell yet.
.................................................. .................................................. .........
Now TNA is a fairly young company. What started as a NWA associate like most companies, soon became a decent alternative to WWE. I used it to fill my week of wrestling since it airs on thursdays. What caught my eye was the six sided ring. Lucha libre style. It was unique and made me want to watch.

Also the talent was all young fresh face talents with a few vets thrown in to get some notice. It was mostly Kurt Angle, Team 3-D/Dudleys, and Ric Flair. Now they had other WWE talents come and go like Jeff Hardy before his WWE title run and R-Truth before he became R-truth and went by K-Kwik.

But it was the young talent that kept you. They were fresh and exciting. AJ Styles was becoming their ace in the hole. Their John Cena if you will. ANd by that I mean their biggest money maker. Their tag team division was good with Beer Money inc and Motor City Machineguns. You had Abyss the monster and man X-Divison superstars. I was hooked.

But then slowly, TNA came up with this idea of bringing in every thrown out WWE superstar in hopes of saying "Hey that mid carder you like? We're making him world champion! CHECK US OUT!" It was a cry for attention in my opinion. Then they decided to bring in a bunch of older wrestlers. Kevin Nash, Booker T, Rhyno, Sting, and Scott Stiener. Was the idea good? Maybe. Did it blow? Yes. Why? because the focus was on them and not the talent they had.

TNA tries to hard to win the older audience. And they do that by bringing in wrestlers from years ago. Look at Ace's and Eights it's mainy D-Von, Festus, Mike Knox (without his awesome beard), Mr. Kennedy, Taz, and A brisco, and Eric Bischoff's son. This gimmick started strong but got drawn out for to long. And now it's dangling on Nexus level of lameness.

Now for my opinion. Which do I find better? WWE. TNA has potential to run alongside WWE on a global scale. However until they learn that their young home grown talent is what will get them there. They will always be behind.

There it is my opinion on TNA and WWE. If you don't like what I said, prove me wrong. I'll gladly listen to your arguments as long as it's logical and not just hating to hate. Good bye for now and carry on.

Submit "The Stryke Zone: TNA vs WWE" to Digg Submit "The Stryke Zone: TNA vs WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "The Stryke Zone: TNA vs WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Stryke Zone: TNA vs WWE" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great blog! I definitely agree with TNA's home grown talent and the six-sided ring - two elements that gave them diversity. I think TNA had its chance to up their game and blew it. They chose the Hogan route... As for bringing in former WWE talent - that's just part of the business to attract more viewers. Has to be done.
    TNA's marketing is the real problem. Aside from their talented roster, the overall product isn't as good as it could/should be. I guess that's for a different blog though.

As for WWE, I don't agree that they are shifting to a new era. WWE has no real competition at the moment, hence the lack of creativity in their product. Nothing is forcing the change other than the aging Cena fans (eventually, they'll be too old to tolerate PG).
    Personally WWE bringing these guys back I think might motivate these younger talents to step up. I mean in a sense the majority of talent are new guys. At least Sheamus, Swagger, DB, Punk, Ryback, Barrett, Ceasaro etc are new guys. They are all and have been champions. Yes u still have guys like Kane and Show and Henry Cena, who in a sense are the new locker room leaders( Since Taker and HHH work 1 to 2 times a year) who can still go and are needed. Now you have the Sheild and baby Rotunda and Fandango. These are newer guys coming and are making an impact, some more than others. This is a good thing. TNA are kinda doing it, but they are slightly behind in creating their own guys. Lets face it, TNA has its Knockouts and x division which consists of their own creations exempting RVD of course. They just need to be careful and not pull a WCW and leave their young talents in the wind while pushing guys like Sting and Mr Personality Jeff Hardy. I'm already seeing it with Roode and His tag team partner who by the way reminds me of a white Eddie Guerrero with his intensity. These two should be at the top. But we all know how it works when the Godfather of wrestling is involved( Hulkster) he just has to be center of everything story wise. Then again it's a lot easier for WWE with 6 hrs of TV time a week compared to 2hrs for TNA to have 3 to 4 major storylines going on monthly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.