View RSS Feed

bearkg88

WWE vs TNA: One Mans Opinion

Rate this Entry
So for those of you who are long time bloggers, you'll remember me from my series of Uncooked blogs, where I looked at each Raw and talked about them, or the Wrestling Blog Challenge series,, where other bloggers would go up against each other. Well, I'm dabbling back into blogs, who knows, you might even see a few Uncooked blogs from me. For this blog though, I'm taking a look at WWE and TNA, and I'm going to try and objectively compare the two companies, and share which i think is better in each specific category. Hope you guys enjoy.

Star Power

For me, I find this to be one of the big ones. On one end in the WWE, you have people like CM Punk, John Cena, Randy Orton, The Rock, and Sheamus. When I think of TNA, I think of Sting, Hulk Hogan, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Jeff Hardy. Personally, I feel like the WWE has better star power, merely for the fact that if you went up to either a casual fan, or a non fan, and said any of those names, most people would know of John Cena and The Rock and know they are in wrestling.

Wrestling Matches

I know if I even tried to sell the idea that the WWE has better wrestling, that i would not be a true wrestling fan. For anyone who has sat down and watched a full episode of Raw, and a full episode of Impact, you'd know Impact is by far the more wrestling oriented program. They have the X-Division, they give their Knockouts more of a focus compared to the WWE Diva's, and there are other times we get PPV quality matches on Impact. I'd say every month to 2 months, we get one to two PPV quality matches on Impact. Look at the WWE. The last one we had was CM Punk vs John Cena. Before that...when was the last time you can think of a ppv quality match on Raw or Smackdown? Exactly.

Storylines

Something that is majorly important across the board for both WWE and TNA, is storylines. So lets look at some of the bigger storylines going on in the WWE and TNA recently. In the WWE, we had CM Punks super long title reign, Cena is working towards redemption, Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger having the mexican american vs the true american feud, and the Shield. Then look at TNA. You have the Aces and 8's angle, which encompasses a lot of things, you have the Hogan/Ray storyline, you have Aries and Roode teaming up, and the Joseph Park storyline. Personally, I think WWE beats TNA in this aspect. While they do have some long term storylines, most of them fit to where whether you are a casual fan or a die hard, you can jump in at any point and be good to go.

Development of New Stars

So in TNA, we have the gut check challenge. Originally I found this idea interesting and innovative. After a while though, it feels, i don't know, blah. Add in that, that there doesn't seem to be a lot of new talent coming out, it is either talent that wasn't being used now being used, or talent who use to be in TNA, coming back to TNA. I feel like they could do a justice in working with talent, not just the gut check people, and developing new stars. Look at WWE. In the last 6 months, new stars we've seen debut, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Big E Langston, Bo Dallas. Other than Bo Dallas, most have been utilized well, especially Rollins, Ambrose, and Reigns. For me, I think the WWE wins this one.

Over All

While there will be the fans who will breath and die TNA, and fans who will breath and die WWE, I think the over all consensus is that if you want pure wrestling with a little bit of storylines and characters, go to TNA. If you want storylines with some wrestling, go WWE. While I think that TNA will never ever be big enough to compete with WWE like WCW could. That isn't a bad thing, but I think those fans living in the attitude era, or wishing we see another company vs company war that leads to a boom, will be sorrily disappointed.

So, I hope you guys enjoyed the blog! Don't go easy on me! I look forward to each persons opinion! Until next time ya'll!

Submit "WWE vs TNA: One Mans Opinion" to Digg Submit "WWE vs TNA: One Mans Opinion" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE vs TNA: One Mans Opinion" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE vs TNA: One Mans Opinion" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've been giving TNA crap on their storylines, but the most recent episode of Impact surprised me. Correct me if I'm wrong but every single match they are building towards at Lockdown has a story behind it. You have the break up of Robbie E and Robbie T, the somewhat awkwardly executed Kenny King vs. Rob Van Dam "you're out of the X Division if you lose" thing, Bully Ray has the nepotism story going on having Hulk favor him to fight Hardy for the title, Team TNA vs. Aces and Eights while I hate the handling of the story the men on each team make sense (except maybe James Storm), Brisco vs. Angle you have Brisco's betrayal of his long time mentor, Gail Kim vs. Velvet Sky was set up nicely with Taryn Terrell arguably screwing over Gail, and Daniels/Kaz vs. Chavo/Hernandez, and Roode/Aries has the champs going for all the gold in TNA while Chavo and Hernandez have been trying to get in their heads recently. Then you have AJ Styles being a loner and distant.

All in all big improvement from TNA in the storylines area lately
    Welcome back. Very nice blog idea. We don't get too many comparisons between WWE and TNA w/o people totally bashing one or the other.

I like the fact that TNA takes their time and develops storylines over long extended periods of time. I just wish they could do something better as far as leaving cliff hangers and things like that. I think WWE does a better job at that. Where TNA has great ideas and develop their stories longer, I think they take too long. Aces & Eights should have been full out by now, with them looking either very strong, or completely disband by now.

Good blog man. Welcome back and maybe we'll see an Uncooked soon???
    Personally I dont see TNA competing with WWE. They are way to far off. Taking Kurt Angle, A retired Hulk Hogan, A 65 year old Ric Flair or a Broken down Jeff Hardy are not gonna make viewers tune in or buy PPVs.

WCW Competed with WWF cause they took current main eventers and gave fans dream matches every week that they use to have to buy PPVs for. The matches wasn't good by any means but the name value was there. WCW had all TNAs names and several more and they were all relevant and still able to perform (back then they were considered in the twilight of their career imagine almost 20 years later).

If TNA wants to compete they have to stop copying and steal talent that still matters such as Randy Orton, CM Punk, John Cena, Sheamuse or a Chris Jericho.

TNA would steal Lower card talent like Rhino and make them champion with in a month. That makes the company look terrible and lower level wrestling company.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Welcome back. Very nice blog idea. We don't get too many comparisons between WWE and TNA w/o people totally bashing one or the other.

I like the fact that TNA takes their time and develops storylines over long extended periods of time. I just wish they could do something better as far as leaving cliff hangers and things like that. I think WWE does a better job at that. Where TNA has great ideas and develop their stories longer, I think they take too long. Aces & Eights should have been full out by now, with them looking either very strong, or completely disband by now.

Good blog man. Welcome back and maybe we'll see an Uncooked soon???
    Yep. You might just see one after this raw.

As for all the other comments. Thank you guys. Ill try to reply to each
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    Stihltygre, Do you remember the aj styles baby storyline? WWE is much more creative IMO in their storylines, and give them their due diligence and be done with them. With the exclusion of the anonymous gm.
    Denny, you do remember the Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy angle from last year’s WM, right?

How about "Embrace the Hate"?

Or the angle that WWE did similar to the AJ baby angle... AJ Lee / John Cena / Vickie Guerrero scandal...

AJ Lee as GM?

Brock losing to Cena immediately after returning from a LONG absence?

18 seconds to open Mania?

The Fake Heart Attack?

Survivor Series Scramble angle that added Cena to the match... Almost the night of the PPV?

Trust me; TNA had some bad angles and moments in 2012... But let's not give them their "due diligence" without holding them accountable to the same standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin
    Denny, you do remember the Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy angle from last year’s WM, right?

How about "Embrace the Hate"?

Or the angle that WWE did similar to the AJ baby angle... AJ Lee / John Cena / Vickie Guerrero scandal...

AJ Lee as GM?

Brock losing to Cena immediately after returning from a LONG absence?

18 seconds to open Mania?

The Fake Heart Attack?

Survivor Series Scramble angle that added Cena to the match... Almost the night of the PPV?

Trust me; TNA had some bad angles and moments in 2012... But let's not give them their "due diligence" without holding them accountable to the same standards.
    the AJ story lines were actually very enjoyable to me until she began to date Dolph Ziggler, and even this is better than some of the other storylines that TNA produces IMO..

Brock losing was the smart business move. Why have him come back to beat the face of WWE, that would have been inane booking. Brock doesn't care about the wwe, HHH has made him look plenty strong since that point.

The 18 second match Daniel bryan has accredited with getting him over, As a huge fan(even bordering on mark) of Daniel bryan I can say that I'm glad he lost like that. People actually care about him now.

The embrace the hate story line I also liked, it gave a side of John we hadn't seen... plus it gave every ones favorite Broski some air time Win/Win!

I can't recall the scramble thing you are talking about

Paul Heyman's fake heart attack was great! He's a heel and he used a real life event to get over more as a heel. That's good stuff IMO. Jerry was obviously ok with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    the AJ story lines were actually very enjoyable to me until she began to date Dolph Ziggler, and even this is better than some of the other storylines that TNA produces IMO..

Brock losing was the smart business move. Why have him come back to beat the face of WWE, that would have been inane booking. Brock doesn't care about the wwe, HHH has made him look plenty strong since that point.

The 18 second match Daniel bryan has accredited with getting him over, As a huge fan(even bordering on mark) of Daniel bryan I can say that I'm glad he lost like that. People actually care about him now.

The embrace the hate story line I also liked, it gave a side of John we hadn't seen... plus it gave every ones favorite Broski some air time Win/Win!

I can't recall the scramble thing you are talking about

Paul Heyman's fake heart attack was great! He's a heel and he used a real life event to get over more as a heel. That's good stuff IMO. Jerry was obviously ok with it.
    sheeesh... Those are actually all the angles that made me feel like they were constantly insulting my intelligence -_-

I did find the fake heart attack to be pretty good. I just wish it had a better execution.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.