View RSS Feed

Dennis

A Dennis Blog -- Why John Cena is great for the WWE

Rate this Entry
A Dennis Blog -- Why John Cena is Good for WWE.
Welcome to this weeks edition of A Dennis Blog, this week I am inspired to talk about another controversial issue among WWE fans, John Cena. During this blog I plan to show why John Cena has been pushed to the moon by WWE, but how this is actually advantageous for WWE. I am well aware that many of the IWC will disagree with this and as always feel free to disagree with my argumentation, I embrace debate.

Reason Number One- John Cena helps produce a good product.
The WWE is a business that thrives by getting people to watch their product. Now lets think about how this is possible for a wrestling organization. Many believe it's by producing great matches and great promos that make people think or just say wow. John Cena does both of those things well. If you think of the greatest moments of the PG era, you would probably think of MITB in 2011, EWC in 2006, or edges first title reign... Guess who was involved in every one of those events? John Cena. Cena put on classic matches with three great workers and made fans want to watch the product because of it. I haven't even mentioned the fact that he's a great talker because I think anyone who isn't being bias knows that John Cena can work a crowd as well as anyone on WWE's roster today.

Reason Number Two- John Cena is sparks reaction
In today's society people are more noticed for being contravsial than being right. While this is sad it's true. Look at Glenn Beck for instance, we all know that he uses ad adsurdums to evoke a response from an audience and he has become rich and famous because of it. John Cena, by being a boy scout has enlisted the same response from the drive of the IWC and smarks alike. He became a mega face soon after the end of the attitude era, him being a guy who always does the morally right thing makes him easily hate-able for fans of the previous era. Also because he is such a good guy he is very like-able for children. This leads to the always fun " Lets go Cena, CENA SUCKS!" chants that so often seem to feel the atmosphere at wwe shows worldwide.

Reason Number Three- Having a mega face helps push superstars.
People often forget that superstars need to be pushed properly for fans to care about them. There is no better way in my personal opinion than allowing a superstar to beat someone who seems unbeatable. Look at Cm punk before MITB in 2011, he was irrelevant. He won MITB twice, never got over with the fans. He walks into Money in the bank and pins John Cena, a mega face on a big stage, and all of a sudden he is loved by smarks and fans everywhere. Sure he was loved before that, but having him beat Cena for sure helped his career and made him relevant to the casual fan. I'm sure this was part of the reason they allowed the shield to beat Cena's super team at the last PPV and why he also got beat by dolph ziggler on a few occasions.

Reason Number Four- He is good press for WWE.
John Cena does a ton of charity work for WWE. Many parents view wrestling as to violent, by having someone like Cena meeting sick children WWE is trying to change peoples perspectives on their product. Everything in the business world is done for a reason, John Cena going around and doing a ton of charity work and going on talk shows is done because it makes WWE look better. If you can get someone to view your product because of respect for a wrestler you are increasing your odds of higher revenue in the future, how does that not make business sense?

So to summarize John Cena is good for WWE for the following reasons.
1) He produces a good product.
2) He sparks a reaction, good or bad.
3) He helps push superstars for the future
4) He is good press

Thank you for reading this weeks edition of A Dennis blog. I hope I have put a spin on this issue that you have not thought of before, and as always godspeed to you all!

Submit "A Dennis Blog -- Why John Cena is great for the WWE" to Digg Submit "A Dennis Blog -- Why John Cena is great for the WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "A Dennis Blog -- Why John Cena is great for the WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Dennis Blog -- Why John Cena is great for the WWE" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Reasonable, short, straigth to the point blog which got quite a bit of truth in it. Good job.
    overall good blog i agree with the above comment about it being short, strait to the point and so on he does generate crowd reaction good/bad i'm very curious to see how mania will play out crowed wise for him also i do commend him on the charity work he does make a wish and such considering how many request he gets he never turns it down no matter the schedule even tho most people are against him lately there is no denying the impact he has had on the WWE universe overall product
    Thanks for the nice comments guys. I think it often gets lost how much charity work John Cena actually does.
    Very good points sir. Props to you!
    Thanks Ace.
    not bad, but id like to know whom other than CM Punk got any rub from John Cena and in the end ended up better for it. Far too early now to say the Shields eventual or even current success can be attibuted to John Cena, id say if anyone, itd be The Ryback that provided that. Ill do you one better too and say Edge and Ortons feuds with him helped create their heel personas to the next level. But for years and for right now, i dont think hes doing much for anyone at all. We'll see whats going on later this year. The TLC loss to Ziggler startedout great but well, a lot of us saw Raw last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagg
    not bad, but id like to know whom other than CM Punk got any rub from John Cena and in the end ended up better for it. Far too early now to say the Shields eventual or even current success can be attibuted to John Cena, id say if anyone, itd be The Ryback that provided that. Ill do you one better too and say Edge and Ortons feuds with him helped create their heel personas to the next level. But for years and for right now, i dont think hes doing much for anyone at all. We'll see whats going on later this year. The TLC loss to Ziggler startedout great but well, a lot of us saw Raw last night.
    Edge and Orton like you said got a push, Punk obviously... Ziggler stayed at least semi relevant. He's still in his prime too, I'm sure when he gets older he will put over more people.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.