View RSS Feed

RoadWarrior

7 Tag Teams WWE Needs to Push NOW

Rate this Entry
Since WWE teased us with a revival of the Tag Team Division only to run out of Tag Teams and fail to create new ones, I decided to revive the Division for them with 7 Tag Teams the WWE needs to push right now as serious contenders and legitimate Tag Teams.

Also, these teams have to look alike, use tandem moves and absolutely cannot have "Team" in front of their name. No make shift teams and have to stay together for a long time, not a few months and break up. WWE, take note.

Long Island X - Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
We've seen Midnight Express. Rock N' Roll Express. All Night Express. Ladies and Gentleman.. The Long Island Express. Ryder's a jobber and Hawkins somehow still employed. Both have a history together and it would make sense for them to reunite. They'd be best used as a cocky heal tag team from Long Island. Burn the purple Barney outfit that Ryder wears and give these guys an updated look and we've got ourselves a new team we can love to hate.

New Age Outlaws - Billy Gunn & Road Dogg
One. Last. Run. They've done a few house shows and this is the team to put the Tag Division on the map again. Feuding with Ryder/Hawkins would be perfect way to get them (R&H) over as heals. They still seem to be over with the fans and they'd only win new ones with how entertaining they are. This would be a perfect way to spice up the Tag division with a hot feud between NAO & LIX

The Shield - Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose
I say give them a run as a Tag Team for a while, let them grow into their characters and being a Tag Team would be great for both them and the division. I can see them possibly taking the titles off Hell No in the future
but really who else is there currently right now that could?

The Ascension - Conor O'Brien & Leo Kruger
From what I've seen of Leo Kruger, I'm not a big fan. Personally I'd rather see him in a Tag Team and he just doesn't look like he'd make it on his own. Give him a bit of a makeover and I think he'd make a decent replacement partner. I was excited to see this team debut until Kenneth Cameron f'd it up but this team still be intriguing.

Black Dynamite - R-Truth & Kofi Kingston
I know I know this was MVP & Benjamin's team name in Japan but I couldn't think of another Anyhow, obviously they were as team before but never should have split them up. Kofi and Truth are not going to be
winning at singles or World titles anytime soon. I honestly don't believe WWE is gonna go with these two guys again as far as winning championships and pushing as big singles stars, then again I might be way off. With that said, they're two over babyfaces who can contribute big to the Tag Team Division and still remain relevant without going to jobber status. Please just don't name them Truth In Paradise, Air Jimmy or anything stupid.

Planet Funk - Brodus Clay & Tensai
I know they're already teaming together but like the blog says, WWE needs to push and stick with these two for a while. I like these two teaming together. It's exactly what both men needed, especially Tensai. Brodus is young and has a bright future ahead. Having him paired up with an experience vet will help him in other aspects of his career. I'd really like to see them be two big goofy guys who turn into MONSTERS in the ring. Even
an eventual heal turn for them would be great down the road, but for right now I hope they stay together for a while. The Ascension might be a nice team for them to feud with.

The Usos - Jimmy & Jay Uso
Why WWE has them sitting on the sidelines I'll never know. Push these guys. Invest in them because they could be over huge by now if they had story lines, TV time, etc. They seem to get a pop when they come out
and get the crowd involved in their matches so why the hell not? Two more wasted talents by WWE. I'd try and bring Rikishi back for another run and manage these two. Might help get them over more
and wouldn't hurt them at all.

Well there you have it. 7 Solid Legit Tag Teams we could be seeing on TV every week but for some reason get completely passed over. I'd like to throat punch whoever's responsible for wasting some of these talents and paying themto sit on the sidelines. Hope you all enjoyed this blog.

Now Internet Wrestling Community.. rip it apart... lol

-Road Warrior

Submit "7 Tag Teams WWE Needs to Push NOW" to Digg Submit "7 Tag Teams WWE Needs to Push NOW" to del.icio.us Submit "7 Tag Teams WWE Needs to Push NOW" to StumbleUpon Submit "7 Tag Teams WWE Needs to Push NOW" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hmm... i cant really see any way anyone could tear this apart. Hell i agreed with all of it. Hell no looks to be on its way out, with kane and db's fighting being less goofy and looking more resentful, so itd be a good time for one of these teams to get a monster push to take over the top team spot. Oh, and as for the NAO idea, loved it! One of the best teams in history!!!
    Good stuff. Brodus and Tensai turning into vicious heels would be great.
    Yeah I would love to see all these I love great tagteam action.
    Agreed with all of this blog pretty much. I'm just late to the party on one point: what happened to Kenneth Cameron?
    Not that this blog should be ripped into or anything. I just seriously don't miss the tag team division and don't think too many others do either. Everything has been basically a makeshift tag team since their short revival of the division. It takes up time that doesn't need to be taken up. If you didn't see the Colons, or the Usos, or Prime Time Players for a few weeks, would it really matter that much?
    Love the blog, but I'd put Corey Graves in The Ascension instead of Kruger.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Not that this blog should be ripped into or anything. I just seriously don't miss the tag team division and don't think too many others do either. Everything has been basically a makeshift tag team since their short revival of the division. It takes up time that doesn't need to be taken up. If you didn't see the Colons, or the Usos, or Prime Time Players for a few weeks, would it really matter that much?
    I think Tag Teams are very important to Wrestling. While no one would care if we didn't see The Colons or PTP again, that's exactly my point. They don't invest any time into these teams and don't give the fans a reason to care about them.

Tag Teams most always produce a break out star. "Back in the day" you had Hart Foundation, Rockers, Bulldogs, etc. that produce Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels & Davey Boy. Hell even The Hollywood Blonds had Austin & Pillman. The point is though it gives the guys time to work on their characters, get comfortable in the ring and find who they are before throwing them out there in singles competition.
    If WWE really invests in the Tag Division people would care about it again.

Of course that's just my opinion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.