View RSS Feed

NiallF96

Believe in the shield!

Rate this Entry
Hey there everyone on EWN, and as you can see, I have NO creative mind whatesoever when coming up with a cool, catchy name for my Blog, so I basically have come up with a name being the Blog with no name, if you catch my drift. Confused? Yeah, thought so!

So anyways, this blog will basically be my point of view on things going down in WWE, and possibly some TNA (if I watch it) over the course of the past couple of weeks. Anyways, my first topic is predictably gonna be about Elimination Chamber, as of course it just took place two nights ago. Also, I will have my Raw review, and what I think this means for WM 29. Also, I'd like to take a quick look at TNA, and where the whole Aces and Eights angle is going. And finally, I will make my short prediciton as to what the Wrestlemania 29 Card will look like. Anyways, like I said, onto the first topic. How I felt about Elimination Chamber (pre-Raw)

Basically, it was a predictable show in my opinion, with most of the results I could see coming. (bar Swagger winning the EC, real shocker for me there) Honestly, I think that's the right way to go about it, as I personally feel that the PPV before Wrestlemania doesn't need to be the best of the year, it should just set a good, solid foundation for a huge PPV like Wrestlemania. Onto the events of the PPV itself....

Shocker Of The Night: Jack Swagger winning the Elimination Chamber match.

I pected a strong showing from him, perhaps getting a few pins and just coming short to Y2J, the man I desperatley wanted to see win and go on to face Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania, perhaps in a Ladder Match, where I could see a huge zig-Zag/Codebreaker spot from the ladder. But, alas, it looks as if neither Ziggler or Y2J will battle it out for the WHC at Mania. Del Rio vs. Swagger will be a great technical match, however I, like a lot of wrestling fans, want a great story coming into the match, and I think WWE has a gem on their hands with Right Wing Swagger v. 'Illegal Immigrant' (perhaps) Del Rio.

Match Of The Night: The Shield vs. John Cena, Sheamus and Ryback

Wow! I actually have regained a bit of faith in the WWE with their ability to build up a dangerous faction again. I hope to God it won't be another flash in the pan ie. Nexus, Corre, New Nexus, Spirit Squad, hell they even messed up on the SES . I believe The Shield are the best faction since Evoulution, and last night proved why. Beating three of the biggest faces of the company CLEANLY. I marked the hell out for Roman Reigns' two spears on Ryback and Sheamus. Ryback taking the pin? Not too sure about that, as he needs to get more over, and they need to keep him hot. Sheamus hasn't got anything planned, and he's over as hell anyway, why not have Reigns spear him when he goes for White Noise on Rollins. That being said, great match, MVP=Ambrose, hands down in this one.

Dud of the night: Ziggler vs. Kingston

Yet again, Ziggler has a match with Kingston. I put this down as my dud, not because these two pput on poor quality matches, 9/10 these guys do a good job in the ring. Only because Ziggler seems to face Kofi A LOT, you know what I mean? But hey, at least it gets Ziggler on the card.

Spot Of The Night: Reigns Spear to Sheamus through the barricade

Of the top of my head, I kinda faded off in a bit of the EC Match, so there could have been one incredible spot I missed, but this is my moment of the night. I mean, RR hits one helluva spear, I gotta give it to him! I marked the hell out when he sent Sheamus flying through the barricade, effectively making it a 3 vs. 1 on Ryback till Super Cena nearly saved the day. Thank God he didn't!

Refereeing Mistake of the night/ Stupid Moment of the night: Del Rio/Show Bucket Incident

OK, so now kicking a bucket of the side of someones head is a legal move, but a clearly accidental knee to the crotch isn't???!!! *Sigh*

So guys, those are my initial thoughts on EC, how will I feel about everything after Monday Night Raw? What I expect from Raw:

• A Rock celebration (Yes I read spoilers) and a Cena confrontation
  • Tensai and Brodus will dance
  • Swagger will have a squash match perhaps, and a post match promo.
  • Punk will whine, and Undetaker won't return
  • Lesnar won't show
  • The Divas won't feature at all.

OK guys, so Raw is over, and here are my thoughts

Opening Segment: Cena/Punk

I loved how Punk interuppted him, and they had quite a good back and forth promo, and I think it'll be a great Main Event at Mania. Punk won't beat Cena, but I have a sliver of hope that Punk somehow screws Cena over, Cena gets back in the Main Event by order of VKM and a tiple threat match at Mania ensues. I think Taker has asked for an extra week, and that's why Punk/Cena will happen next week, perhaps as a backup plan for Punk (I know that sounds stupid, but yeah that's what I think)

Y2J/Ryback/Sheamus:

This was a cool segment, and I could perhaps see a Ryback/Sheamus feud at Mania, especially if they lose tonight agains The Shield

Henry/Khali:

Please God, don't have this match at Mania! Henry is so much better than Khali! Strong performance by Henry here against Sin Cara, loving how he just tosses people around the ring.

Cesaro vs. Miz:

I enjoyed this match a lot, however, letting your US Champion, who is on one of the hottest streaks in your company, tap out to a contender? Now that's stupid! Have Miz win via DDT onto a chair, or a SKF onto a chair, not by submission. Poorly booked here!

Kane, Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton segment:

Good segme from these three, Orton just constantly looks like he doesn't give a shit and Kane, DB just click constantly!

Del Rio vs. Ziggler:

Great match from these two, another guy that needs to be kept hot, submits! Oh well, Big E Langston nearly takes Berty's head off, and Dolph is gonna cash in! But Ricardo sprints away with the briefcase, which was quite funny. However, why does the ref need the actual briefcase, just have Dolph say he's cashing in? Good tease despite this, and it keeps Ziggler in the WHC picture.

Zeb Coulter and Swagger's adress:

I thought they would go with this angle. The Right Wingers of Swagger/Coulter talking about saving America from people like Del Rio. I also think Dutch Mantell is a great talker and he is a great mouthpiece for Swagger with his Southern drawl. The proceeding match is a good one, with me being quite annoyed they chose this match, and not Tensai's for a commercial break We do however, get a good 7 minutes of watching thi match, and I actually like Swagger's theme. Swagger looks good going into Mania, but I'm still not too interested in the WHC match

Heyman/Guerrero/Maddox:

Oh my God, Maddox is an idiot! This whole segment blew in my opinion, and I skipped through a bit. Although, I enjoyed Vince's return and it was quite funny to see Heyman suddenly suck up, it was hilarious. An the big surprise is..... Heyman vs. Vince McMahon? Come on! There has got to be a catch, with Vince being 'injured'

The Shield vs. Sheamus, Ryback and Y2J

What a match! Match of the night by far, I was so sure it wasn't gonna happen, I was so sure The Shield would walk away, I was so sure The Shield wouldn't win (more or less) clean. BUT THEY DID! They have knocked off four of WWE's biggest superstars in 48 hours, and a lot of people seem to think there is one weak point in the group, I've seen everyone mention each member of the group that is weak in their opinion, but I can't see any weakness! All three of these guys are gonna be huge. WWE needs to keep them this hot as long as the possibly can. The crowd was pumped for this match, it was grea, had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through

Truth Returns

Minscule pop for R-Truth, perhaps the funniest guy in WWE at the minute. I think Kofi and Truth need to go their seperate ways, perhaps a heel turn from Truth and a PPV match after a quick stint as a Tag Team.

Orton vs. Kane

Good solid match from these two, and you can just see the Tag Team going one on one at Wrestlemania 29, they might bill it as a first time match, Tag champions going one on one at Wrestlemania. Another question, what will Orton do at Mania? Something with the Shield? He's in limbo, with a lot of other guys such as Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Kofi, R-Truth, and a lot more.

Rock's Championship Celebration:

Cool opening with the band, and this is shaping up to be an elaborate celebration! And the Rock unveils the Title, and it looks a bit bright and bit ugly, but hell, it ain't spinning, so meh, it'll do! Cena comes out, looks about, and gets attacked by Punk! OVerall, good ending segment to the show, belt is OK, it'll do, I now have hope Punk beats Cena in a shady fashion and Cena gets his show too, setting up the Main Event as Punk vs. Rock vs. Cena for the WWE Title!

I'll do my predicted Mania card perhaps in my next blog This went longer than expected.

Submit "Believe in the shield!" to Digg Submit "Believe in the shield!" to del.icio.us Submit "Believe in the shield!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Believe in the shield!" to Google

Updated 02-20-2013 at 12:17 AM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I hated the belt when i first saw it, but i think it needs time to grow on everyone. The Shield have shocked me 2 nights in a row.
    Good read, great blog! It was nice to see a more positive blog than I'm used to seeing. Rather than the 'E sucks, creative sucks, or Rock shouldn't be champ rant. I like that you didn't bash everything and you seem to look forward to what's going to happen next. Keep the blog with no name coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by MjBryan17
    Good read, great blog! It was nice to see a more positive blog than I'm used to seeing. Rather than the 'E sucks, creative sucks, or Rock shouldn't be champ rant. I like that you didn't bash everything and you seem to look forward to what's going to happen next. Keep the blog with no name coming!
    Thanks pal, hopefully I'll have one next week up. Look out for that
    About Ziggler/Y2J...I have a thought. Swagger vs Del Rio is the opener. Swagger wins. Ziggler cashes in and wins. Ziggler vs Y2J is now a World Heavyweight Title match. With Y2J winning, of course. *I figured I'd ruffle the Zigglite feathers a bit*

EDIT: I meant to reply, but ended up editing your comment, LOL fixed it now!
    Updated 02-22-2013 at 05:44 PM by NiallF96
    Well written but I have to disagree on one thing. Amrbose not mvp. Let's face it Reigns and Rollins do so much more in that trio then that guy. Reigns is clearly more physical and Rollins is a better in ring worker and better on the mic.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    About Ziggler/Y2J...I have a thought. Swagger vs Del Rio is the opener. Swagger wins. Ziggler cashes in and wins. Ziggler vs Y2J is now a World Heavyweight Title match. With Y2J winning, of course. *I figured I'd ruffle the Zigglite feathers a bit*

EDIT: I meant to reply, but ended up editing your comment, LOL fixed it now!
    That is an interesting idea. I didn't get it at first, but now that I think about it, the idea seems to grow on me. I would really enjoy that if it happened. ONLY if it culminated in an awesome TLC Match at Extreme Rules with Ziggler hitting a Zig-Zag off a ladder for a great OMG moment to end the feud!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.